Page 70 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #691
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Your posts are becoming increasingly annoyingly vapid. What is the state's legitimate interest in stopping a person's marriage to a tree if nobody [ a tree isn't somebody ] is injured/harmed? You folks want to use this one size fits all tool, so we can use it legitimately back against you.
    o the irony vapid he says

    the state doesn't need to do **** the tree can not accept a marriage proposal

    its about as possible as sewing a tree maybe less at least a tree can cause damage

    its legitimist and you know sane to think about that regarding people its crazy to apply it to trees honestly man

  2. #692
    User Lonely Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    05-03-16 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    76

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    As a hard working, tax paying, 2nd class citizen of the United States born and raised... I don't think I should have to pay taxes to a government, state or federal, that is willingly going to deny me the rights and priviledges of full citizenship just because some douchebags think it is icky or deviant. These people can't even come up with a valid reason for the denial of these rights. People don't like it. We get it. Don't get married to someone of the same gender. It is really that easy. Oh, we have to protect traditional marriage. You know what, it's too late for that ****. Y'all let Kim and Brittany do it for you. Gays are gross! Take your binoculars off and mind your own damn business. We don't want to bake a cake for those damn homos. Fine. Just pray you don't live in an area with an anti-discrimination policy that includes orientation. My religion doesn't agree with it! Well that's too damn bad. We don't live in a theocracy. This is a country with blended cultures. Get over it.

    I will fight for my right to be treated equally and fairly under the law. There is no reason to deny me the right to marry a man of my choice and there never has been. People not liking it isn't reason enough. It's protection from the tyranny of the majority, not the tyranny of minority.

  3. #693
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Wow
    lets just ignore facts and laws and peoples rights

    your argument fails again since PERSONS enter into contracts.

    Your post Fails again
    bless his heart its that kind of post that helps people see theirs no reason to stop gay marriage

  4. #694
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Yeah, based on that, just how screwed up and far are you folks on the left gonna take these things...? Showing your hand now... this is getting to the point of circus level bizzarly absurd.

    See what 40 years of an onslaught against reason has done? Made a total muddle and waste of otherwise good brains, brains that should be striving towards uplifting America, not taking us down.
    how's America with less gay marriage uplifted how one with more being taken down

    you might just be a bit muddled yourself on this

  5. #695
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    40 years from now you and those like you will appear the same as those who were against interracial marriages in the 1960s.

    The intelligent people of this country support same sex marriage in large percentages. In fact, there is a correlation to be made between intelligence level and support of same sex marriage, as well as education level and support for same sex marriage. We know what will come of same sex marriage being legal, people being treated better no matter what sex/gender of person they wish to be married to.
    no need to wait he looks like that now

  6. #696
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    We have about 10 thousand years of data... how many same sex cultures have survived out there again?

    Oh yeah, none. Nada, zero, zilch.
    um gay marriage wont create a same sex culture iv never heard of a culture that gave up on hetero sexual acts and some gay people even reproduce and or raise family's im hetero sexual that's more then I have ever done so what are you on about

  7. #697
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    No, you don't follow at all. Sorry, I cannot keep explaining all of life and every nuance of life to you. I was only explaining how race does not matter in marriage whereas gender does matter, that the arguments are not the same for each case and so using a same structured argument in the case of same sex does not hold any bearing on a race based case. And I am not here to re-argue every single case in every single state or federal court. Procreative abilities of opposite genders with one another are provable whereas the lack of same is provable in same sex couples. There is not a specific imperative to have children if one marries. However, one of the major reasons for marriage is to create strong family units for people who do procreate so that children are given some safeguards and should not simply be abandoned.

    Family stability has been under attack for a long time as well, you folks may well have destroyed the idea of it, and its demise is resulting in much unnecessary harm, with much of poverty issuing from single parent families.

    Stability of the institution of marriage and protection of children are sufficient state interests. No, we are not going to allow just anything and just anybody to get married. Sorry, there is no legitimate state interest in such.
    whys gender matter when it comes to marriage procreation cant be it you don't need to be able to breed to have a hetero sexual marriage my girl friend is to old to have kids we could get hitched I doubt you would bat an eye

  8. #698
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    I live in the real world, so just because you are dreaming, don't imagine that all the rest of us are asleep.

    Might you have lower divorce rates due to less people getting married? Hard to get divorced if you never married. And yes, the liberal agenda has been a constant assault on marriage, so SSM is only one of the many pronged attacks on marriage and American culture in general.

    Marriage is for adults, but mainly for adults in which to have a structure that legally protects families [children ]. We can argue this back and forth all day. I would hazard the hypothesis that if adult heterosexuals did not/could not have children, I would surmise that marriage would soon go out of style completely. Even with it, and the onslaught of liberal attack on it from all directions, it is in serious decline.
    you might have less divorce but that wont necessity mean a lower rate of divorce if less people get married you will definitely have more marriages if more people get married

    theirs no reason for you to divorce your wife or husband because same sex marge exists so no attack on marriage their

    same sex couples have family you apparently don't want to protect

    so you live in the real world but you don't seem to understand this aspect of it very well

  9. #699
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Thought we had covered that, there isn't one. Nada, zilch, none...zero.

    Never said it was, oh man of straw.

    Never said that either oh man of second straw.
    so its meaningless to mention it like you did

  10. #700
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    I never said that you have to specifically prove positive procreative ability, at least not on an individual basis.

    However you are wrong, one of the issues for which marriage is a part of the solution is procreation. There was no reason to have checked in the past for positive procreative powers, it had already been confirmed since before written history in gender opposite couples... there was no need to make it a perquisite or state the obvious for the group... we have seven billion people on the planet as proof, I think we get how it works.

    Legal requirements are the codification of our rules and requirements set down by our law makers to fit a culture for themselves. In England, in Chile, in Vietnam, each culture is different... they make up their own rules. As do we. All cultures have had legal marriages between males and females and why do you think this might be? If it were just for love, not for the creation of families requiring procreation, why would they not have had same sex couple marriages abundant in the past? Perhaps it was because there would be no lineal descendents issuing from such a barren situation and no need to establish legal claim? Another reason was to safeguard families from abandonment, establishing a legal bond between each parent and to the children... this is not really necessary as with couples not procreating children.

    What are your facts on marriage... why was it established in your opinion...or can you tell me factually? What has it been for here in the United States? Solely to join two lovers?

    And gender does actually affect the legal requirements if the legal requirements only allow different sex marriages, so you are wrong just on the face of it. My personal requirement? Are you serious, its been a national requirement that it be one man one woman, generally and universally understood to have procreative powers. Its your personal requirement that it doesn't have to be that way.

    You cannot show how the marriage of a man to a tree will in anyway affect the stability of marriage, or of their saplings, either. You cannot show me anything of the sort regarding whether it same sex marriage hurts the institution of marriage or of children. You are simply prevaricating. For one thing, SSM has not been around long enough to have sufficient longitudinal studies... besides, who is conducting these studies, what were the metrics...

    Takes a long long time to see if things work out for the better or worse. Example, the Head Start Program, so heralded by liberals. Its been around since LBJ and yet we just are finding out that for those going in at age 4, any gains are erased by first grade. Liberals just have such a poor record of improving much of anything.
    you don't have to have kids to get married

    you don't have to be able to have kids to get married

    its obvious women over a certain age cant have kids naturally and they can get married

    more family's would be raised by parents who are married if you had gay marriage according to you it would reduce poverty as well

    no one is hindered from raising kids in a family with hetero sexual by gay marriage

    therefore gay marriage is beneficial to marriage and family's and society and trying to stop it based on reproductive potential is an absurd double standard that's illegal do to the requirement of = protection under the law

Page 70 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •