Page 67 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #661
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Just making fun of your ridiculous implications about historical "same sex cultures."

    You didn't respond to my legitimate questions about that point, so I figured you'd given up on it. So what's the harm in a little lampooning?
    Funny, I have seen no legitimate questions, is there a hidden place here on the board is there? What is it of yours that I haven't already answered? Not complaining, but been a little swamped here with all the fuss budgets on your side getting their shorts and panties in a wad...so if I missed your post that actually had something worthwhile, I do apologize. I don't think I have missed anything of any import, though.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  2. #662
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Would you care to explain that offensive idiotic remark?
    I will lay it out for you in simple language.

    There is no historical basis in the United States for prohibiting marriages that are incapable of creating biological offspring.

    No state in the country has ever required a couple to possess the capacity or inclination to procreate as a prerequisite to marriage.

    Sterility or infertility have never constituted legal grounds for the annulment of a marriage in any state in the United States.

    No state has ever prohibited post-menopausal women or sterile men from marrying.

    Inability to have a child has never been a ground of divorce in any state in the United States.

    Your standard that same sex couples are excluded from marriage because of an inability to naturally procreate is based on nothing but ignorance because that is standard that has never been required of opposite sex couples by law in the United States and it is bigoted because you are intolerant of same sex couples even having children regardless of their ability to parent.

    Does that clear it up for you?
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 03-27-14 at 12:38 AM.

  3. #663
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Funny, I have seen no legitimate questions, is there a hidden place here on the board is there? What is it of yours that I haven't already answered? Not complaining, but been a little swamped here with all the fuss budgets on your side getting their shorts and panties in a wad...so if I missed your post that actually had something worthwhile, I do apologize. I don't think I have missed anything of any import, though.
    Define "legitimate" Because I asked you a question you have yet to answer.

  4. #664
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh hey it's the straw man again!

    You support interracial marriage, therefore you support complete chaos, everything/anything goes, no matter how deviant, or gross, or pathetic, or sad.

    "Be less than you can be." What, you're saying gay people are less than you?
    Just responding to the inanity of your post, so sorry if it was off topic.

    So you think support of interracial marriage means I am for chaos, well, I am sure that should be offensive to some out there.

    Your powers of extrapolation appear to be a bit lacking there, old boy. Sorry to disappoint but no, that was not directed specifically at gay people. Had you somehow guessed the liberal philosophy followers, you would have gotten it right. Though most SSM advocates, many of whom I would assume to be gay, but could be straight, would generally fall into that category as well, one suspects.

    Why? Does the shoe fit?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  5. #665
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Just responding to the inanity of your post, so sorry if it was off topic.

    So you think support of interracial marriage means I am for chaos, well, I am sure that should be offensive to some out there.

    Your powers of extrapolation appear to be a bit lacking there, old boy. Sorry to disappoint but no, that was not directed specifically at gay people. Had you somehow guessed the liberal philosophy followers, you would have gotten it right. Though most SSM advocates, many of whom I would assume to be gay, but could be straight, would generally fall into that category as well, one suspects.

    Why? Does the shoe fit?
    Why does supporting same-sex marriage lead to chaos but supporting interracial marriage does not?

    I only ask because exactly the same thing was said 50 years ago: "If you allow interracial marriage it will lead to people marrying children or dogs!"

    Since you and those people use the same argument, I'm hoping you can clarify why your position is different from theirs.

    Are you asking me if I'm gay?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #666
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Your idea of "keeping America strong" is no different then those that wanted interracial marriage banned.

    Here's the facts in case you are not keeping score.

    It is not illegal for gays to be a couple.
    It is not illegal for gays to have sex.
    It is not illegal for gays to raise children.
    In some states, gays can now marry.

    Now since NEITHER of those things are illegal, please tell me again why SSM should be?
    Wow, what an frightfully poor analysis.

    Why should I tell you again, I have written pages and pages and pages of why it should be... illegal.

    You think because we are a tolerant nation, that because we have been flexible with this group, a group whose lifestyle includes things that many cannot even bear to take more than a few seconds to shutter thinking about what... see, I need to shove those thoughts away...so the fact that we have been so tolerant of allowing for gay coupling, allowed gay forms of sex to become legal, did not stop gays from going around the system to have children, the fact that some states now allow for gay marriage, that we have allowed all this and now there is a demand for more... that just, in your mind, should be a reason to just say YES...

    How absurdly hilarious.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  7. #667
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    1.)They can do exactly what others can, just have to do it the way others do it as well.

    2.)Myriad reasons, most of all we just don't want that as being a part of our culture, our society.
    3.) Second its unnatural
    4.), third its unnecessary
    5.) fourth allowing this deviance will open the floodgates to others
    6.) fifth...well, you get the point.
    7.)Oh I understand alright. The 50 plus% is not for all occasions as has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread earlier...but the fact of the matter is if you folks on that side have less than that percentage, well, we would not even consider changing our whole idea of marriage. Period.
    8.)Sorry, not good enough. We'll keep it that way it is, not broken so no need to fix it. Lots of people are denied lots of things. I want someone to just give me a yacht... lots of folks have them, why don't I get one too? 9.)And how about why do all the movie stars and rap artists get all the hotties, they just take if for granted, give me my share equal to theirs... I also want to play on an NBA team...
    1.) false
    2.) yes you have made it clear you dont want equal rights that meaningless
    3.) as a blanket statement factually false
    4.) equal rights is no necessary
    5.) your opinion of deviance is meaningless to legal marriage and equal rights, not to mention PLEASE PLEASE explain what "floodgates" will be opened so we can all laugh at this fallacy
    6.) yes the point is you have nothing
    7.) another falsehood. While its a nice bonus that the majority of america supports equal rights its meanignless. Opinions dont matter to equal rights
    8.) no need to be sorry because bigotry and discrimination (your sides) is losing to equality and rights, hence your frustration and anger.
    9.) another thing that has nothing to do with rights. thank you for further proving how extremely uneducated you are on this topic and making analogies that are silly and pure entertainment.

    this is hilarious i could do this all night

    your post fails again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #668
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Wow, what an frightfully poor analysis.

    Why should I tell you again, I have written pages and pages and pages of why it should be... illegal.

    You think because we are a tolerant nation, that because we have been flexible with this group, a group whose lifestyle includes things that many cannot even bear to take more than a few seconds to shutter thinking about what... see, I need to shove those thoughts away...so the fact that we have been so tolerant of allowing for gay coupling, allowed gay forms of sex to become legal, did not stop gays from going around the system to have children, the fact that some states now allow for gay marriage, that we have allowed all this and now there is a demand for more... that just, in your mind, should be a reason to just say YES...

    How absurdly hilarious.
    no, you havent, you havent provide one accurate and logical reason lol not one
    yes your posts are absurdly hilarious indeed. Poster after poster continue to destroy them all.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #669
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Wow, what an frightfully poor analysis.

    Why should I tell you again, I have written pages and pages and pages of why it should be... illegal.

    You think because we are a tolerant nation, that because we have been flexible with this group, a group whose lifestyle includes things that many cannot even bear to take more than a few seconds to shutter thinking about what... see, I need to shove those thoughts away...so the fact that we have been so tolerant of allowing for gay coupling, allowed gay forms of sex to become legal, did not stop gays from going around the system to have children, the fact that some states now allow for gay marriage, that we have allowed all this and now there is a demand for more... that just, in your mind, should be a reason to just say YES...

    How absurdly hilarious.
    In other words, you have NOTHING. You cannot show LEGALLY why it should be illegal here in America. Hey I hear Iran is more to your liking, maybe you should move there. They even put Gays to death there which is more to your liking. You have more in common with Iranian governmen than Americans. I'm sure you even blame 9/11 on gays.

  10. #670
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So then procreation has nothing to do with marriage, you are admitting that finally?
    Finally? I have discussed previously what marriage is for and one of the main reasons is for protecting children that are, yes, created through the act of procreation that can only, besides in-vitro or cloning, be accomplished by opposite sex couplings. Marriage does not specifically require procreation, just the general likelihood of the ability to procreate.

    That was a shocker I am sure.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

Page 67 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •