Page 57 of 116 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #561
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    every one knows race and gender are not the same but your argument that people are not being discriminated against because they have to only go with certain gender combinations is the same the exact same kind of argument

    their is no misundesnting nether race nor gender have any bearing on marriage

    there is no requirement for a marriage that cant be meat by any combination of races or genders

    as saying no one is discrmininated against by a ban on interracial marriage because they can marry some one of the same race
    Hardly the same... if a majority race or minority race person inseminates a majority or minority person of the opposite sex, there might result a pregnancy, a continuance of the race of humanity... if the same were to occur in that situation with the same sex couple, it will never result in a pregnancy... so perhaps you may see how different the situation is actually is? One is within the laws of nature, the other is outside, deviant and therefore the same rules do not apply in the unnatural situation. You can try to fit the outsized square peg into the appropriate round hole, but it neither fits nor works.

    Society is not mandated, required to force the square peg through the round hole just to momentarily coincide with your current sensibilities.

    By the way, what makes it okay for you to discriminate against my viewpoint, have it excluded? If my side becomes the minority, we then get our way, right?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  2. #562
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Hardly the same... if a majority race or minority race person inseminates a majority or minority person of the opposite sex, there might result a pregnancy, a continuance of the race of humanity... if the same were to occur in that situation with the same sex couple, it will never result in a pregnancy... so perhaps you may see how different the situation is actually is? One is within the laws of nature, the other is outside, deviant and therefore the same rules do not apply in the unnatural situation. You can try to fit the outsized square peg into the appropriate round hole, but it neither fits nor works.

    Society is not mandated, required to force the square peg through the round hole just to momentarily coincide with your current sensibilities.

    By the way, what makes it okay for you to discriminate against my viewpoint, have it excluded? If my side becomes the minority, we then get our way, right?
    still desperately trying to sell your failed claim that there is harm in equal rights huh?
    looks like nobody is buying it.


    DO you ave any examples that havent been destroyed yet?

    57 pages and the the only argument you have is "nu-huh" and "because i said so"

    well let us know when you can factually prove this harm that you claim to exist.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #563
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    how come the lack of any sane reason to ban gay marriage means you have to let any one marry any thing no matter how insane or harmful that would be its silly
    Well, does not take an Einstein to figure out that you will not be able to stop it, especially if you keep lowering the standards until there are none.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  4. #564
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Well, does not take an Einstein to figure out that you will not be able to stop it, especially if you keep lowering the standards until there are none.
    so you have no real answer?

    can you at least try?
    what "standards" do you speak of?
    how are the "standards" "lowering" and how will they keep lowering

    i cant wait to read this.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #565
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    so how letting people marry harm the stability of marriage?

    its traditional and hopefully American values that lend support to same sex marriage fairness, justice, equality, the pursuit of happiness, freedom
    When marriage becomes a farce nobody will marry any longer... who would want to be part of a joke? Without marriage among heterosexuals you have rising poverty rates among single parents and children, besides which they do not get the benefit of training, parenting and a critical understanding of both sexes growing up. Kinda like learning math with only addition and no subtraction.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  6. #566
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Hardly the same... if a majority race or minority race person inseminates a majority or minority person of the opposite sex, there might result a pregnancy, a continuance of the race of humanity... if the same were to occur in that situation with the same sex couple, it will never result in a pregnancy... so perhaps you may see how different the situation is actually is? One is within the laws of nature, the other is outside, deviant and therefore the same rules do not apply in the unnatural situation. You can try to fit the outsized square peg into the appropriate round hole, but it neither fits nor works.

    Society is not mandated, required to force the square peg through the round hole just to momentarily coincide with your current sensibilities.

    By the way, what makes it okay for you to discriminate against my viewpoint, have it excluded? If my side becomes the minority, we then get our way, right?
    So now you are trying to use the extremely flawed logic that procreation is connected to marriage or the right to marriage. It isn't. Procreative ability has nothing to do with a couple's right to marry. In fact, there are 5 states that limit a person's ability to marry based on their inability to procreate in a way that is completely opposite of your assertion. If first cousins want to marry in states like Utah or Arizona, then they must be above a certain age or prove that they cannot procreate with each other. There goes that assertion. We won't even get into the fact that inability to procreate is never considered when it comes to two people of the opposite sex trying to marry even when one of them knows that they cannot procreate. (And a woman who does not have a uterus and/or ovaries cannot get pregnant, no matter how much she tries.)

    And this has nothing to do with majority/minority status, but rather everything to do with whether someone is being treated differently under a law and whether or not the state can show that this difference in treatment is necessary to further a state interest. You would have no standing since there is no way that you could show that a law treated you differently once everyone is allowed to marry someone of the same sex.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #567
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    its purpose is to let people marry some 1 of the same gender if they choose to

    how is that purpose being shielded from any one?
    YOu know really, if you are an adult, some of this stuff you can figure out on your own. Just sit and think about it outside of your preconditioned, public school propagandized, media influenced box... there, answered and instructed at the same time, killing two birds with the one stone.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #568
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    1.)When marriage becomes a farce nobody will marry any longer... who would want to be part of a joke?
    2.) Without marriage among heterosexuals you have rising poverty rates among single parents and children, besides which they do not get the benefit of training, parenting and a critical understanding of both sexes growing up.
    3.) Kinda like learning math with only addition and no subtraction.
    1.) and who decides that? by what standards. Better yet how does equal rights impact that
    2.) false, please educate yourself on this topic start with the APA and AAP
    3.) your analogy even fails, its a perfect example of how uneducated on this topic you are. Are you implying that math is only addition and subtraction?
    your post fails again

    do you have ONE solid argument against equal rights? ONE
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #569
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    YOu know really, if you are an adult, some of this stuff you can figure out on your own. Just sit and think about it outside of your preconditioned, public school propagandized, media influenced box... there, answered and instructed at the same time, killing two birds with the one stone.
    another failed deflection
    let us know when you can answer the question
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #570
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    how's it wrong or lack merit?
    OMG, read the damn thread... its not like I have not answered this more than a couple of times.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •