Page 56 of 116 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #551
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Yes, proving that there is always a way to justify silliness and silliness, once becoming popular, can lead all astray... the Pied Pipers of new liberalism doing their destructive best here as they have done elsewhere.

    Lord help us all [ and I am not even a religious being ] overcome this infectious idiocy that afflicts entire peoples and brings so much misery and destruction.
    You appear to have a problem with liberals and separating your personal ideology with the individual issues and who stands where on those issues. We do not all fit into perfect little labels. Most people don't in fact. Most people have at least one issue they would easily fit on the other side with when it comes to politics and their personal political view overall. Many conservatives/Republicans are in fact supporting same sex marriage.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #552
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Look at the 9th and 10th amendments, savor them as they delineate the proper lineage of just who has ownership of those rights/powers not listed in the Constitution and who gets to make those decisions.

    YOU, on the contrary, have absolutely no idea of the history nor the foundation of thought underlying OUR Constitution. Don't try to tell me you are an authority on what it is and what should be... you are solely using the Constitution as a bludgeoning tool against us... and sorry, WE do not have to take it.

    You have actual what? You have "actual law experts"? Are they on a retainer... or are you just paying them on a piecemeal basis as you answer each of my posts? What a CHUCKLE you have brought me.

    Sorry again, you do not get to issue the terms of the debate in some side-tracked issue of child support. You specifically said there were protected classes in the Constitution, I have asked you name those classes and to support that erroneous statement with evidence... you have failed to provide such. So we must assume that you were WRONG. I will go beyond the assumption and FLAT OUT STATE YOU WERE/ARE WRONG.

    If you are THAT WRONG on this simple Constitutional question requiring minimal knowledge of this fairly short document... how are we to be confident in ANYTHING further you have to say on the matter?
    The 9th and 10th support me. The rights belong to the individual citizens and the states and the states have been limited by the 14th in favor of the individual's rights.

    I provided you the information needed. You refuse to accept it. You refuse to learn how the laws of the US and the Constitution, or even the SCOTUS works.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #553
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    No I individually don't, but our society can make such judgements if we so please.

    You haven't answered much of anything on the matter. You cannot show how we would stop anything based on this foolish premise, this one size fits all device, this artless and rudimentary tool upon which you and selfish others are using to accomplish something simply unnecessary and potentially extremely harmful to the rest of society.

    There is no legitimate interest in having to prove legitimate interest in silly, yet consequential and potentially very detrimental, cases.

    PERIOD.

    Sorry, nobody is stopping you from marrying who/what you want in your own mind. Just do not expect state sanction.
    The state sanctions my current marriage and if me or my husband were to change our sex, legally, any state that recognized that new sex would also in fact still sanction that new same sex marriage (which is another major thing that proves that sex/gender matters not for any marriage).

    It isn't the same sex marriage supporters that have to show legitimate interest in wanting same sex couples to be allowed to marry, it is the state that must show legitimate state interest in not allowing them to. Again, go study a little more about our laws and specifically how constitutional law works.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #554
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah... same thing can be said in return. Who said anything about undermining the 14 and equal protection... equal protection does not necessarily grant equality of all, and of everything, by the way. Nor should it.
    Again, look into how constitutional law works. This is an equal protection issue. The way that it works is that when a law is challenged, and a group/individual is recognized as not being treated equally by the law (as is the case here), then the state must show that the law furthers a legitimate state interest.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #555
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Logic would assist you... may want to try that if desiring to solve problems... we know that screen doors do not work on submarines prior to sending folks down in them with screen doors... see the logic there, by any chance?
    No.

    A screen door on a submarine is harm you can specifically identify before implementation.
    You have not identified any harm caused by same-sex marriage before "implementation," nor have you identified any harm in the ten years of data you have so far.

    I have ten years of data on my side. You have zero. What arbitrary amount of data do you need before you concede that same-sex marriage causes no harm? 20? 30? 50? 10,000?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #556
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Show me where the concept of strict scrutiny is in the Constitution...or say, where in the Constitution is there the concept of interstate migration? Or gender, except maybe with the 19 amendment? I will await, perhaps eternity, for you to answer this question with examples from our Constitution.

    This is silliness amplified.
    You are once again showing your inability to understand how the Constitution and constitutional law works. Learn that, then get back to us.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #557
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah... same thing can be said in return. Who said anything about undermining the 14 and equal protection... equal protection does not necessarily grant equality of all, and of everything, by the way. Nor should it.
    It's a good thing nobody has suggested it means equality of everything. Is there a reason you attack this same straw man over and over? Do you think it's any more convincing now?

    Constitutional scrutiny and levels of state interest are not specifically mentioned in the constitution. Doesn't matter. SCOTUS makes decisions on how these things work, and that's what they've decided.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #558
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Are you following what was being stated? We are talking about those who have been exposed to idea and new reality of SSM actually existing [ not the theory but the practice ] and how it fares with those now being shielded and propagandized from its purposes and effects, in the future and in real time.
    Are you following at all? You have been attempting to claim that people change their minds as they age. That is true on some issues. But until you can show that it is true with every single issue, then you have nothing. If it were true at all, then those like me, who started as teens, or like my mother who started supporting in her early 30s, or any of my many siblings or other relatives who supported for at least 20 years now, would have changed their view already, being "older and wiser", not still have the same view or even have it stronger than then. At least one of them should have changed their view. The same would have also been true for those who changed their view on interracial marriages. They would have supported it for a short time then switched back. There would be no reason not to, right, according to your logic.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #559
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Wrong, but hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter its merits or lack thereof... the rest of us do not have to be stupid enough to believe them, however.
    You are outnumbered now. I don't know why you continue to believe yourself in some majority. And I have proven that there is an obvious trend that favors support of same sex marriage that is not only not showing signs of diminishing, but is in fact speeding up, even within older populations and amongst conservatives.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #560
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Yes, just another way that liberal ideas have placed another straw on the cultural camels back... so hey, got another load of manure covered straws you want to heap up there, dontcha, just dontcha...

    One is forced to wonder just how puerile a statement can one make before it devolves to simply... goo goo, goo goo?

    Who is blaming solely the gays? I am blaming the ideology which supports this and any other method to eat away at the stability of marriage and American traditional values.
    Really? Because my uncle is as in-your-face born again homophobe as it gets and yet has failed 4 marriages. I guess then you should instead blame homophobia and born-again zealots for the end of traditional values.

    Although if you want to convince me of anything, first identify those values and why they are worth preserving at all costs before i can give a hoot that they are possibly lost forever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •