Page 53 of 116 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #521
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You haven't warned us of any dangers.



    Yes, a pretty stark shift towards tolerance in a short time, wouldn't you say? Going from nationwide voting for constitutional amendments to a majority in favor of equality in just a decade. Equality won every vote in 2012.

    You're right though. You don't have to prove any harm, any interest in denying same-sex marriage. You can keep your belief for any reason, or no reason at all. The state, however, has this burden. And it's a test they haven't been able to meet even once since Windsor. Even the head of NOM admits now that equality is coming. "There's 5 votes on the supreme court for same-sex marriage." The people who do this for a living couldn't provide an argument to defend same-sex marriage bans. The people who do this for a living realize they've lost. But you? You're confident in victory.

    Or, at least, you pretend to be.
    One cannot provide proof of harm that has yet to come... If one were to look at whether cigarette smoking created harm before long term studies... not just snap shots in the short term... well, if we relied on JUST speculation without the data, the proof before that, it would seem smoking presented no proof of long term harm, right? So, based on your premise, cigarette smoking presents no long term harm?

    What will be our remedy when you liberal folk destroy what was so carefully, and intelligently, created for us? Huh? What bond, collateral are you willing to put up now if we find, over time, that this liberal stupidity, along with all the others, is damaging to the nation? How would one calculate the damage? The use of liberal artifices to get around the will of the people is damning to the ideas of that debunked ideology. The fact that you just want what you want, no matter who it does/may hurt, a willingness to subvert the system to accomplish all that... is abhorrent to all rational good-hearted folk.

    The state has a liberally/falsely created imposed burden... WE the PEOPLE, no matter how you try to slice or dice it in your favor, have full right and power to decide what OUR culture is and what it will be. All the silliness has just gone too far.

    I am for what is right... and so YES, I am confident that right will win over the malicious... or all is lost anyhow. And since you folks are not concerned about the long term, you will be fought by the thinking and good every step of your foul ways.

    The equation of equality with this evil is rather comical, by the way...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  2. #522
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Comparing people to insects. Yeah, no disturbing historical connotations there. Earlier, you said several times "we" should have never "offered" tolerance. (as if that's what you've actually done.) What do you mean by that? What change do you think should not have been made?
    Wow, I cannot be held responsible for repairing an apparent failure of the educational system in however many years one may have attended... and if one is not listening or tuned into what is going on, well that is the fault of the individual, cannot lay blame on the system then...

    If one does not know what an analogy is, if one cannot comprehend what it is that termites do to solid structures/foundations... if one cannot/will not allow for an advancement of a metaphoric likeness to what the liberal ideology is doing to these solid structures, gnawing away from inside and outside the institutions that have made us strong, and help in the maintenance of that strength...

    Well, it would be like the futility of trying to explain mass and velocity to a 4 year old in attempting to dissuade him from running out in the street in front of an oncoming car... oh, wait, that is another analogy that perhaps is beyond the comprehension of some...

    Guess some will just have to wait a few years to gain cognition, perhaps... or it may never occur... not my problem, however.

    In answer to your silly question, do you know how homosexuality was thought of 30 to 40 years ago? Would you like our country to revert back to that, or would you rather enjoy the tolerance that has been extended by the overwhelmingly straight community as has been accomplished over that period? Hmmmm...?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #523
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Don't know if you have taken the time to observe this but

    Race and gender are dissimilar, not the exact same, just as the decisions are dissimilar. So your exactness argument relies upon a complete misunderstanding of the differences between race and gender.

    Re: gender not mattering---- That is your opinion and you are surely welcome to harbor it. I certainly cannot seem to disabuse you of such false notions.

    You truly know very very very little about me and my circumstances... so while all people can have their own opinions about such, you can apply the rule about everybody having opinions here. So to speak of what is beneficial or not to me, when you haven't the first clue, well...
    and...We are not guaranteed outcomes, blarg, equality under the law, however we chose ultimately to construe that, will be our destiny or our fate. Not everybody is going to be happy with the outcome, and the fight will no doubt continue.

    As for the last of your facile attempts, see above.
    every one knows race and gender are not the same but your argument that people are not being discriminated against because they have to only go with certain gender combinations is the same the exact same kind of argument

    their is no misundesnting nether race nor gender have any bearing on marriage

    there is no requirement for a marriage that cant be meat by any combination of races or genders

    as saying no one is discrmininated against by a ban on interracial marriage because they can marry some one of the same race
    Last edited by blarg; 03-26-14 at 10:16 AM.

  4. #524
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    People like you said this about interracial marriage. How's that damage going for you?
    People like me? People like me said nothing of the sort, thought nothing of the sort. It was people like you were sitting on the sidelines and waiting for the outcome and then jumped on the bandwagon after all the work had been done.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  5. #525
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I often wonder just where "the state" got the authority to sanction marriage in the first place. But, I'll tell you a little story, My wife and I celebrated our 25th last summer with friends and family. When we were first married, we went to the Catholic priest to get married in the church. As this was my 2nd marriage, and the first was to a Lutheran woman, and done in a Lutheran church. The Catholic priest would not marry us. We ended up getting married by a JoP at the court house, and this is one of the reasons that I, or my wife have not been "Catholic's" since, even though both of us were raised Catholic.
    her example would be more like if the church could choose to marry you 2 or not in a ceremony but your marriage would not be legal and you could not have gone down to the court house

  6. #526
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    1. I think if anyone takes the time to actually notice, they will notice I pretty much mirrored your statements/answers [ see, I really do play down to my competition ], same depth, just a little more umph in mine than yours. So if you want to complain, look in the mirror...ha ha ha. By the way, I, and probably others, do notice you are not owning up to the burden being on you folks desiring change, yano? Ya see, we like it the way it is, actually the way it used to be, in this category, even better.

    2. We all also notice you have no answer to where and how to stop this if you open the floodgates... you most certainly left this answer hanging... so tell us, how will we stop anybody's marriage to anybody/thing? Pedophiles, siblings, parents-children, light-poles, yeah, the whole gamut...Ya see, Deuce, that's one of those "effects" you said I didn't give ya, yano?

    3. I think the proper response in this instance, in retort to your disgusting allusion that I supported lynching, requires that you utilize a screwdriver as there is apparently some assembly, or maybe some disassembly, required... but in your use of that tool, make sure you wear safety glasses and don't break any of those sodomy laws, ya hear?

    4. Yeah, as stated before, I have heard those promises before. We'll be expected to accept all as normal married couples, as if they are synonymous, which they most certainly aren't, sorry. But you folks will demand it. Folks on your side are not known for holding up to your side of the bargain.

    5. Thanks so much for the compliment. If you can't handle it, well, its not really saying that much, however it is good to know that you folks are aware that your side cannot just get off doing/saying whatever and expect everybody to just go merrily down that same path of deviance along with you. We are not going to just roll over and allow this stinky dog manure to continue to pile up unabated.

    Peace out, man.
    how come the lack of any sane reason to ban gay marriage means you have to let any one marry any thing no matter how insane or harmful that would be its silly

  7. #527
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Counting your turkeys way before they are hatched.

    As those younger currently thinking SSM is okay become adults they start thinking more clearly, like adults. They generally become more conservative. Especially after they realize the line of bull they have been force fed in school, in media and now by government... and should that not happen, wow, what a wonderfully mixed up and predictably war torn world this is soon to become. Once family stability breaks down here completely, once nobody cares much about anything worth caring about anymore, once the weakness that your side's termites are constantly eating away at our foundations to create becomes apparent to the predators out there in the world... and they are out there, waiting... well, we will see if you get to keep your cherished SSM then.

    Once you have chased all the strong away, nursed the rest into being namby pambies, the nation will be ripe for the picking. Yes, no doubt in your lifetime... if the quickening pace that is apparent in just this lifetime does not slow down. That would be unfortunate, yet poetic justice.
    that's bull ****

    how is caring about equality? and helping family get the same legal status that other enjoy not caring about what matters? or braking down family's?

    how is not fowling you make some one namby or pambie

    legal same sex marge is not an attack on anything good it just purifies society of another pointless and petty evil

  8. #528
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    How about we give it the time for many of them to actually get older before we pronounce, eh? Good lord.
    im 28 been pro gay marriage for over 10 years when should I except the conservative impulse to jump in and what's its rational basis in this case?

  9. #529
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The court does supersede the people on any issue where there is a violation of the Constitution, even if the people believe it is a cultural issue, construct, however you wish to try to present it. Segregation was a cultural thing. Banning interracial marriage, cultural thing. The will of the slight majority of the people is always superseded by the US Constitution, and that is where the Courts come in, to ensure the Constitution is being upheld when it comes to laws enacted.

    You would be wrong. Polls from the 1970s show us that the majority (around 70%) of people in the US (not just the South) were against allowing interracial marriages. Even many non-whites were (and some are still) against interracial relationships.

    You are the one here who is trying to use the "me me me-ness" on this issue since you still have yet to show in anyway how same sex couples being allowed to marry would legitimately affect you or society negatively. That means that your resistance to this is merely your personal dislike of same sex couples, homosexuality.

    The last sentence has to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen posted. Wisdom of the ages is constantly being improved upon. Wisdom involves understanding, not simply believing something. For a long time the "wisdom of the ages" said that the sun revolved around the Earth and that demons caused people to get sick. And morals are relative. Most people share some very basic morals, but the more specific the moral question, the more people's morals diverge. As for being equivalent, in this case, that is completely subjective. Of course you are going to think your morals are better and worth more than someone's who disagrees with yours. That doesn't make you right.
    You are wrong on all accounts. The majority of the people, except in the Southern Democratically held states, were not for segregation... the Supreme Court, the Federal government in general, does not EVER, repeat EVER, supersede the will of the PEOPLE. You see, in our system, the PEOPLE are the sovereigns. NOT the majority of solely these nine human justices who are not free from their own personal biases. They are not our kings, they certainly are not our gods. We may let their incorrect decisions ride... or we may not... in any case, ultimately we are the in the real seat of power, we get to decide what our culture is.

    Supply your sources regarding those polls, please? Also supply the wording of these polls to see if they properly address the actual question that you say with such definitiveness as to the percentages.

    There are a myriad of examples of where no harm could be found except after the harm had occurred. One example you may believe in was in the use of the pesticide, DDT. I don't have to show how marriage between a man and a tree is harmful to the state either, to know that is not what we want for our society. It is just this sort of silliness that your side proposes, making a mockery of what is tremendously important and serious.

    Yes, well your evaluative ability was to be questioned in any event, much prior to the issue of that silly statement. This idea promulgated by the new age, mainly liberals in our own realm, regarding the subjective equivalence of all cultures has and will continue to be silliness, deadly silliness. An easy example one might use to compare would be to the earthquakes happening in Haiti and to Chile. Chile's society, even though the earthquake was stronger there, was much better prepared than Haiti. Chile had, through superior cultural and its thus derived decisions, built structures, both physically and systemically, that allowed them to bear minimal damage to edifices and people. Many, tremendously more people were killed/injured in Haiti. So yes, we have no justifiable equivalency there, unless you think loss of life and property are inconsequential. There is, no doubt, to be a striving for improvement as man goes along... but to willy-nilly change, without rationality, when those who strive to create a new right that serves minimal purpose to those concerned and even less to the majority culture as a whole that is even less concerned, well that opens the doors up to a hydra-headed Pandora's box of future cassandras... sorry, we the people not only have the right, we have the duty, the obligation to our posterity to put this silliness in its proper place in the history books... an asterisk that indicates this meaningless idea once finding wrongheaded liberal popular approval was rationally laid aside in favor of wisdom and the long term better way for all of society and its future generations.

    A victory for the thinking virtuous.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  10. #530
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    There are a myriad of examples of where no harm could be found except after the harm had occurred. One example you may believe in was in the use of the pesticide, DDT. I don't have to show how marriage between a man and a tree is harmful to the state either, to know that is not what we want for our society. It is just this sort of silliness that your side proposes, making a mockery of what is tremendously important and serious.
    Really, now? How many of these myriad examples were banned before the harm was found? We wait for data that shows harm, then restrict freedom. You really think this line of thinking is supporting your side?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •