Page 111 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #1101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And there has never been even a proposed federal act/law/bill to recognize any unions other than marriage, for same sex couples or any couples. Why push for something less, even if just in the fact that they are using different words to try to "exclude" same sex couples from marriage when the laws discriminate and can be overturned? It has already been proven that the laws violate the Constitution, particularly federal laws that do not recognize same sex couples as married, hence why most of DOMA was struck down last summer by the SCOTUS.
    And that is because it does not fit into the militant gay agenda. If gays merely wanted equal rights instead of wanting to make a social statement this would all be over by now.

  2. #1102
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Aren't you one of thsoe Rah Rah Constitution guys?

    Why would the founders set up such a flawed system.... maybe it's in need for a... change
    Nah, don't even try that **** here....The problem with the system is straying from the precepts of the foundation of the Constitution in the first place.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1103
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nah, don't even try that **** here....The problem with the system is straying from the precepts of the foundation of the Constitution in the first place.
    This is such a cop out.

    "There's nothing wrong with it, there's just something wrong with it because it was perfect but something made it not perfect"

  4. #1104
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This is such a cop out.

    "There's nothing wrong with it, there's just something wrong with it because it was perfect but something made it not perfect"
    If it is not followed then we have no rule of law.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1105
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Aren't you one of thsoe Rah Rah Constitution guys?

    Why would the founders set up such a flawed system.... maybe it's in need for a... change
    The founder/framers did not set the Constitutional framework of governing up with Judicial Review, wherein the Supreme Court was to deem what was and was not Constitutional...that is something that became a "tradition" with Marbury v Madison... so since we are willy-nilly just throwing traditions out, perhaps we should throw out that one and just let state courts decide if a law is Constitutional or not, eh?

    That would comport, be more in alignment with the actual original on forward Constitution.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  6. #1106
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    No, I was talking about my posts too...
    So you were admitting to name calling then. OK.

  7. #1107
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    So you were admitting to name calling then. OK.
    What I admit was you were not calling me names specifically, except through your name calling of what you believe my posts signify... you came back at me omitting actual evidence, logic or substance with which to refute my arguments, solely the utilization of disparagement... which is not actual debate; or if so considered, certainly a very poor substitute, yano?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #1108
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    And that is because it does not fit into the militant gay agenda. If gays merely wanted equal rights instead of wanting to make a social statement this would all be over by now.
    So it was militant gays who passed state constitutional bans against civil unions in about 20 states?

    Nice try to reenvision history.

  9. #1109
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    The founder/framers did not set the Constitutional framework of governing up with Judicial Review, wherein the Supreme Court was to deem what was and was not Constitutional...that is something that became a "tradition" with Marbury v Madison... so since we are willy-nilly just throwing traditions out, perhaps we should throw out that one and just let state courts decide if a law is Constitutional or not, eh?

    That would comport, be more in alignment with the actual original on forward Constitution.
    So you are angry about how our government has run since 1803 and you only thought to complain about it now because the gays might be able to get married? Go figure.

  10. #1110
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    And that is because it does not fit into the militant gay agenda. If gays merely wanted equal rights instead of wanting to make a social statement this would all be over by now.
    Complete horse****. Look how many states implemented constitutional bans that prohibit civil unions. You really want to blame that on the victims, don't you?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •