Page 109 of 116 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #1081
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because the people want them to be recognized because the government recognizes other legal relationships.
    Apparently you just didn't get it...

    Why does the government recognize ANY marriage?

    Oh yeah they want their tax money.

  2. #1082
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Apparently you just didn't get it...

    Why does the government recognize ANY marriage?

    Oh yeah they want their tax money.
    ... You really have no idea what it is you're discussing do you? The reason many people are against the recognition of "gay marriage" is the fact that it would be seen as an attractive way to reduce tax burden. In some cases, the government actually loses money if you get married as there are many ways to reduce your tax burden once you're married. So using "tax money" as an excuse for recognizing gay marriage is absolutely ridiculous.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #1083
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... You really have no idea what it is you're discussing do you? The reason many people are against the recognition of "gay marriage" is the fact that it would be seen as an attractive way to reduce tax burden. In some cases, the government actually loses money if you get married as there are many ways to reduce your tax burden once you're married. So using "tax money" as an excuse for recognizing gay marriage is absolutely ridiculous.
    No, I just really believe that government should stay out of citizens lives..

    But you - you want a nice blue ribbon for gay marriage - well congratulations you got one...... Yay!

    Remember prop 8 in the most liberal state? oh yea the people told you to go **** off...

    How did democracy make you feel?

  4. #1084
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, I just really believe that government should stay out of citizens lives..
    Lol, yeah - by arguing the government wants gays to get married so it can get its hands on... fewer taxes? Hey, I'm sorry you actually got caught making up nonsensical ****. As it stands by not getting married, the average unmarried couple (gay or straight) pays MORE in taxes than their married counterparts. Again, this is a fact - unlike half of your ridiculous opinions. So if the government ever becomes supportive of gays getting married - it won't be due to taxing more.

    Again, this is something only people who are actually married or even in a basic **** friend relationship would know and something which the perpetually single wouldn't.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #1085
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol, yeah - by arguing the government wants gays to get married so it can get its hands on... fewer taxes? Hey, I'm sorry you actually got caught making up nonsensical ****. As it stands by not getting married, the average unmarried couple (gay or straight) pays MORE in taxes than their married counterparts. Again, this is a fact - unlike half of your ridiculous opinions. So if the government ever becomes supportive of gays getting married - it won't be due to taxing more.

    Again, this is something only people who are actually married or even in a basic **** friend relationship would know and something which the perpetually single wouldn't.
    Really? Your combined tax exemptions are really sweet. "Got Kids?"

  6. #1086
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Really? Your combined tax exemptions are really sweet. "Got Kids?"
    Duck and dodge Nick, my man. Tell us all about how a couple pays more taxes because of dependents - just so I can tell you you've obviously not old enough to even file your own taxes.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #1087
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Duck and dodge Nick, my man. Tell us all about how a couple pays more taxes because of dependents - just so I can tell you you've obviously not old enough to even file your own taxes.
    Couples don't - the children are exemptions (and a credit) depending on your income, however it's more complicated than that.

  8. #1088
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Couples don't - the children are exemptions (and a credit) depending on your income, however it's more complicated than that.
    This is contrary to what you previously stated that the government wanted gays to marry because it would get more taxes! Are you serious?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #1089
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Apparently you just didn't get it...

    Why does the government recognize ANY marriage?

    Oh yeah they want their tax money.
    No, apparently you don't get it. The people want them to. Just as the people want the government to recognize other legal kinships, such as mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, etc. Why do you think we have birth certificates and adoption records? This all goes into legal kinship and protections and rights, and having people to give certain responsibility in decision making and paying when it comes to death/incapacitation and debts so that society/the government doesn't have to do it. The government tracking such relationships makes it much more convenient than trying to make those connections after the fact.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #1090
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, I just really believe that government should stay out of citizens lives..

    But you - you want a nice blue ribbon for gay marriage - well congratulations you got one...... Yay!

    Remember prop 8 in the most liberal state? oh yea the people told you to go **** off...

    How did democracy make you feel?
    Citizens want the government in their lives though, otherwise they wouldn't voluntarily go, pay the fees, and sign the marriage license. You don't actually need the marriage license to get married. The marriage license simply gives the couple that legal recognition of kinship.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •