Page 101 of 116 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #1001
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,208

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Why not prove that... because you cannot, you have neither the skill or the knowledge, besides which, tellingly and most importantly, you are flat out wrong.
    Yes you keep saying that and not much else.

    Debate is not won by disparagement, fellow citizen.
    Neither is it won by denial, bigoted statements or irrelevant tripe, fellow citizen.

  2. #1002
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post

    You see, it starts to get to the height of ridiculousness to think that society may not just establish certain lines and maintain them for the reasons they see fit.
    You have not yet explained the reasons to deny SSM. Beyond, 'a bunch of us dont like it. It will change our culture.'

    You have not explained how and you have given no reason. And you think you know what the height of ridiculousness is? How about not being able to produce legitimate reasons to deny Americans their civil rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #1003
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post

    You think nine justices have the right to just turn an entire culture topsy-turvy without the consent of the people? Based on some methodology that perhaps worked in previous cases... but is not a one size fits all, all must be locked into this silly gambit styled deal. Just program it in and the court, like a computer spits out the ruling without any understanding of the culture, the people's will or any understanding of what havoc it may well wreak?

    If you do, I would consider that the ideology of anarchy.
    Hmmm....any chance you are ready to tell us how our 'culture' will change? How the 'gay' culture is different than 'straight' culture? Anarchy? Do you see gays running amok? Behaving outside the law? Seems like they want the same laws that apply to straight couples to apply to them....that is the opposite of anarchy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    Please explain how it is 'wrong' and how their culture is any different. (It's not different....their lifestyles are exactly the same: PTA, dinner as a family, vacations, going to work, taking kids to soccer, piano lessons, dance class, gardening, taking out the garbage, mowing the lawn, community service, going to church, paying their bills, paying taxes, etc.)

    Any chance you could tell us how they will change our culture when their lives are exactly the same?
    Please.....tell us what 'havoc it will wreak.' This is a big deal for you.....you repeat the sentiment over and over. Use your words, tell us what will happen??? You wish to deny a minority their civil rights, surely there are solid, EXPLAINABLE reasons to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #1004
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post

    You think nine justices have the right to just turn an entire culture topsy-turvy without the consent of the people? Based on some methodology that perhaps worked in previous cases... but is not a one size fits all, all must be locked into this silly gambit styled deal. Just program it in and the court, like a computer spits out the ruling without any understanding of the culture, the people's will or any understanding of what havoc it may well wreak?

    If you do, I would consider that the ideology of anarchy.
    I would consider that the ideology of the US constitution. But you are grossly overestimating your belief's impact on our culture. States have implemented same-sex marriage and nothing remotely resembling "havoc" nor "topsy-turvy" has occurred.

    Yes, absolutely, those nine people have the right to overturn your unconstitutional law.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #1005
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I would consider that the ideology of the US constitution. But you are grossly overestimating your belief's impact on our culture. States have implemented same-sex marriage and nothing remotely resembling "havoc" nor "topsy-turvy" has occurred.

    Yes, absolutely, those nine people have the right to overturn your unconstitutional law.
    It really has nothing to do with any 'concern for society and our culture.' Because legally married or not, gay couples and gay families are not going to go away. And if he actually cared about society, he'd care that the children of those unions had the protections of the law.

    But when questioned, he already said (basically) "tough titties, those gays shouldnt have had them anyway."

    And he thinks 'the majority of Americans' are going to jump on that boat with him to prevent SSM? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #1006
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So then express it, your opinion is noted. That doesn't mean everyone must agree.
    Has anyone said anything about anyone must agree with anything. However, reality is what it is whether you agree or not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1007
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Why not prove that... because you cannot, you have neither the skill or the knowledge, besides which, tellingly and most importantly, you are flat out wrong.

    Debate is not won by disparagement, fellow citizen. At minimum you should have something to argue, some point of reasoning to put forth. But...nothing??
    to answer your question this thread proves that 10 fold, its been proven many times by many psts and then reinforced by your very own posts lol
    You claim you have a sound argument against equal rights for gays and this ruling but you havent provided one single one that doesnt fail and get destroyed.
    This court cases along with many others and laws and rights all go against you. Since thats the case you now need to provide ONE solid, accurate and factual argument that goes against all those things.
    Nobody including laws, rights and court cases care about your "feelings" nor do they care about the laughable conspiracy theory of rogue liberal tyranny judges etc.

    All we need is ONE sound argument presented that goes against this ruling/gay rights . . . . one, this has yet to be done.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1008
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Has anyone said anything about anyone must agree with anything. However, reality is what it is whether you agree or not.
    Wow! That's profound. You must be the smartest guy in the world.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1009
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow! That's profound. You must be the smartest guy in the world.
    Nope. And made such claim. But you gave little to work with. I mean, just read your comment.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1010
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. And made such claim. But you gave little to work with. I mean, just read your comment.
    What a foolish post.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •