Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 190

Thread: Fred Phelps Dead

  1. #51
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,004

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Well is was bound to happen sooner or later, it happens to everyone. Too bad the WBC didn't die
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  2. #52
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Hallelujia!

    There is a special place in hell reserved for this man. The world is a better place today.

    Fred Phelps Dead: Westboro Baptist Church Founder Dies At 84
    As a joyful troll, I am morally obligated to point out that today is the UN's International Day of Happiness. I'm not even kidding.

    Shame, shame on all of you who missed that.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There are not many who I would cheer...in fact very few. This man, however, was a despicable human being. The world is a better place today.

    I believe that the irony is that people like Phelps are hated because of the words he spoke, yet people like Roman Polanski (a man who drugged, raped and sodomized a 13 year old girl and avoided punishment) is not hated for his despicable actions.

    Words without action are just words. Giving Phelps more power is just silly. Let people like Phelps say whatever they want to say and expose themselves. It's as if some people actually believe that if evil thoughts are not articulated, evil does not exist.

  4. #54
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,839

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It might be more effective to send condolences rather than perpetuate hatred.
    Maybe some pink pansies would be appropriate!? 😎
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #55
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Well is was bound to happen sooner or later, it happens to everyone. Too bad the WBC didn't die
    The whole entire church is only about 8 people (all relatives of Phelps). This isn't even a legitimate church.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The whole entire church is only about 8 people (all relatives of Phelps). This isn't even a legitimate church.
    Yeah, not even enough people for a good parade. So why did he get so much attention?

  7. #57
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    Yeah, not even enough people for a good parade. So why did he get so much attention?
    I'll give you my opinion... he got attention partly (and to a minor extent only) to cast dispersion on Christians to show how utterly kooky they are. In this case, I don't call these people Christians they're bat-**** nuts, maybe due to inbreeding. Secondly, it got attention because these protests were being done against service people who died - which gave it a nationalistic twist.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #58
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,408

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    Yeah, not even enough people for a good parade. So why did he get so much attention?
    He got attention because too many people allowed themselves to get all worked up over WBC's actions, and the media lives for that.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #59
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Hallelujia!

    There is a special place in hell reserved for this man. The world is a better place today.

    Fred Phelps Dead: Westboro Baptist Church Founder Dies At 84
    In loving memory of Fred Phelp's: my husband and I have decided to donate money to 3 LGTB charities and enterprises.

    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #60
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,553

    Re: Fred Phelps Dead

    If I were anywhere near his grave, I'd cover it in rainbow flags.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •