Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 319

Thread: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

  1. #251
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    ...Abortion is not a religious issue, that seems to be the crux of your problem in this stretch to claim that Establishment is violated (not that you've presented any argument as to how it was violated).

    ...
    Actually , the Religious Coalation of Reproductive Choice ( which is comprised of over 40 religious denominations and groups)
    feel that reproductive choice including legal abortion within the parameters of Roe vs Wade is a part of our religious liberty.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  2. #252
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    The problem is not mine, it's yours. If you have no wish to have a constructive dialog, using standard informal debate techniques, then please state so. I will not, nor should anyone, be forced to bend to the will of one persons definition of terms, as in your case. If you just don't understand something, ASK, don't assume.
    I have asked, several times in fact, that you explain how this case violates Establishment. You have not produced anything outside of ad homs and Wikipedia links that do not address the question.

    The failure is yours, you've been asked several times and have produced no argument, all that seems to happen is that you lob insults and deflect. Do you have any argument to support your position?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #253
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Actually , the Religious Coalation of Reproductive Choice ( which is comprised of over 40 religious denominations and groups)
    feel that reproductive choice including legal abortion within the parameters of Roe vs Wade is a part of our religious liberty.
    I'm sure they do. But that doesn't make the aggregate topic fundamentally religious. Many nonreligious people can be pro-life andany religious folk can be pro-choice. It's not fundamentally a religious question.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #254
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm sure they do. But that doesn't make the aggregate topic fundamentally religious. Many nonreligious people can be pro-life andany religious folk can be pro-choice. It's not fundamentally a religious question.
    I disagree.

    Religious liberty includes the right not to be religious which of course includes those persons who choose not to be religious.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I disagree.

    Religious liberty includes the right not to be religious which of course includes those persons who choose not to be religious.
    OK, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #256
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,898

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    You have the choice to home shool your child and teach them all your knowledge of the Universe.
    We don't have kids in school any longer, but we still support the public schools through the tax dollars we pay to both the state and local taxing authorities. I don't think it's the job of schools to indoctrinate kids under the guise of "educating" them, whether it be by liberals or anyone else. In any case, why should anyone have to home school a kid just because the people whose salaries he pays subscribe to the Cocteau Plan?
    Нава́льный 2018

  7. #257
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Nor are you the only person who doesn't understand why asserting hypocrisy is foolish, for the very reason you mentioned (which is that the high school principal in this story is highly unlikely to be the one pushing gay tolerance in kindergartens).

    So does that excuse your actions then? Because other people didn't bother with reading comprehension, it's okay you didn't?

    And for the second time, I did no such thing. I have absolutely no idea what their literature is. What I'm saying is that a school should provide facts, not emotion or political spin, and should provide those facts in a controlled and moderated environment, not a lunch room when people are eating. And that belief goes for both sides of a politically charged argument like abortion.

    So are you done having a mini-meltdown now? Do you realize why your first post to me was ridiculous?
    So,

    1. How is a life sized model of a baby not a fact based representation?

    2. You just said that you "have no idea what their literature is" so, how can you jump to the conclusion that it is not fact based?

    3. There is nothing in the article that says that the display was "in the lunchroom" to the best of my knowledge. It said it was during lunch. That could mean in the hall leading to the lunch room.

    4. There is nothing in the article that states that the kids in the group were making a political statement with their display, that is your assumption....


    Seems, you're the one who is having problems with facts.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #258
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    This is not discussing political speech. I was discussing the potential for both pro-life groups and pro-choice groups to be a source of student harassment, ridicule, and divisive peer pressure.

    All three are unacceptable in schools and are met with consequences.
    Then it should be easy for you to show us in the article where they were, harassing, ridiculing others, or being divisive....These seem to be assumptions on your part.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #259
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then it should be easy for you to show us in the article where they were, harassing, ridiculing others, or being divisive....These seem to be assumptions on your part.
    Okay . . . no one seems to get I was just trying to talk about the concept in general of 'school groups' and 'when it becomes unacceptable to have them' - I was not trying to claim that 'this is what they did' and 'this is what happened'

    Thus - I'm drawing no assumptions for ****s sake.

    This thread just got people all twisted up for some stupid reason - and again, I'm out.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #260
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Well, at least in the title of the thread you posted and in your link it describes the pro life group as wanting to use a model of a life sized fetus.

    At least the proper terminology was used in the thread title and the link.

    The terms embryo and fetus are proper terms for different stages of development of an unborn during pregnancy .

    It is not propaganda.
    Minnie, as you know the thread title is the exact title of the article used, and must be entered without edit in this forum, so you shouldn't pretend that I somehow made up the title, it's dishonest. Also, of course the terminology that pro choice individuals would like to have used is entirely, and purposely used to dehumanize the child growing inside a mothers womb. That is just a fact.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •