Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 319

Thread: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

  1. #241
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    While I do respect your knowledge, and I hope you are correct, are you sure that the school must permit a particular speech at a particular time simply because it was not truly dusruptive?

    My guess is that so long as the principal was willing to allow some pro life speech and a pro life group to be formed, the courts are going to give him some leeway on what he defines as "disruptive". Of course, the real reason for the censorship in this case is that the pro life speech was too effective, but I doubt the courts will take that step.
    I will say this. The only exceptions off the top of my head to the Tinker rule are lewd speech, speech that promotes illegal substance/crimes, or when it is school sponsored (like a school newspaper). My guess is, if I remember the story correctly, that since the pictures were during lunch then it was distributive in that sense since kids could get sick seeing some pictures depending on what they show. Now I can say that if a principal shows that a group has a history of being disruptive then a court will probably give the principal leeway because there is a history.
    Last edited by soccerboy22; 03-18-14 at 07:55 PM.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    No worries, neither do I and that is irrelevant as usual from you.

    But I do, at least as expressed by you in your posts. You see the world and the issues in it with the narrow focus of a limited knowledge that is mostly dogma driven.

    Do you believe that if not broken up the irrelevance would be somehow lost in the drivel?

    Not much and you couldn't if you tried.
    What the **** is this? psychological logic in an attempt to defend your position?

  3. #243
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    From my experience kids only hear the pro-abortion argument (at least, I never heard an anti-abortion argument in school, only pro)

    Considering the consequence, ending a life, it's probably good to get their minds working and let them decide based on the facts: are you killing a child through abortion, or not?

    Any attempt to block facts from people is wrong, so both sides of the argument should be well represented without obfuscation.

    In my opinion, show them a video of an abortion procedure for each stage of development, and let them decide on the killing issue.

    Conversely make it clear that women will 'coat hanger' themselves if it's made illegal.
    Last edited by SingleCellOrganism; 03-18-14 at 08:28 PM.

  4. #244
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,139

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What the **** is this? psychological logic in an attempt to defend your position?
    It is a reply in kind to your post.

  5. #245
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    All rights have restrictions. This Nation has NEVER had absolute rights without restriction or regulation. Every right has had caveats.
    There are no restrictions on political speech, nor should there be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There was nothing to logically negate, that was merely an honest assessment of your argument. a) Your argument is a mess built on "a federal law must have been violated", and "The "Establishment Clause" seems most likely". That's grasping. Because none of that is an actual argument. b) You feel that a federal law must have been violated. You have no proof one was, you have no argument one was. Just you think one must have been. Great...well there's a crap argument if ever a crap argument existed. The second part is also NOT AN ARGUMENT. c) It seems likely that the Establishment Clause has been violated. Why? How? Again, no poof, no evidence, no argument.

    d) It's not a personal insult to say that it seems to me that you're blinding grasping for anything because your post appears to be blinding grasping for anything. There's no meat, there's no substance, there's no argument, no proof, no evidence. Nothing. You think that a federal law must have been violated and it seems that the Establishment Clause is the most likely one. Explain. How so? The only thing you've provided to me was links to Wikipedia that don't support your case.

    So slower now, just for you, to hear the honest question that you have responded to only with hostility and deflection up to this point.

    The Establishment Clause deals with government endorsement or establishment of a particular religion over the rest. e) Abortion is not a religious issue. Pro-Life and Pro-Choice, by your own admission, not religious. So how is it that a clause meant to protect against religious tyranny is in play for non-religious causes. How is the Establishment Clause violated in this instance.

    There is your honest question, now maybe you'll indulge me with an honest answer.

    a) That is a straight assessment, NOT grasping for straws. I reject your opinion on this as unqualified.

    b) Your inability to decern my argument is your problem, not mime.

    c) Please READ what the establishment clause is. I am not sure you understand its implications.

    d) In the same token, I could call your present reply to me a rhetorical babble and highlights your failure to understand the greater legal argument here.

    e) Abortion is BOTH a political and religious issue. Another source.

    All you have done is give me your opinions without one iota of fact or logic to qualify them. You have failed to understand that this issue has not yet even reached the first step of a lawsuit. I presented my opinion that is will and why it will. If the student, Samantha Bailey-Loomis, who initially brought this to the public's attention fails to bring suit, then the principals decision stands, which makes my opinion on this issue, moot. I am not sure what you are getting at as your reply was too gibberish.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,964

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    No, I said Connecticut, which is more "progressive" (liberal) than some other states. Of course, I can't speak to that particular school, hence the "wink."
    And I was mocking the idea of using broad perception to associate with specific example.

  8. #248
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Exactly - Thumbs up.

    Progressives apparently have a problem with that.
    Yes, progressives have a problem with lying to people. Thumbs up.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #249
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    a) That is a straight assessment, NOT grasping for straws. I reject your opinion on this as unqualified.

    b) Your inability to decern my argument is your problem, not mime.

    c) Please READ what the establishment clause is. I am not sure you understand its implications.

    d) In the same token, I could call your present reply to me a rhetorical babble and highlights your failure to understand the greater legal argument here.

    e) Abortion is BOTH a political and religious issue. Another source.

    All you have done is give me your opinions without one iota of fact or logic to qualify them. You have failed to understand that this issue has not yet even reached the first step of a lawsuit. I presented my opinion that is will and why it will. If the student, Samantha Bailey-Loomis, who initially brought this to the public's attention fails to bring suit, then the principals decision stands, which makes my opinion on this issue, moot. I am not sure what you are getting at as your reply was too gibberish.
    Again, no arguments just insults. This is rather pathetic, you cannot even back up your own statements with real argument. Abortion is not a religious issue, that seems to be the crux of your problem in this stretch to claim that Establishment is violated (not that you've presented any argument as to how it was violated).

    I have yet to see you construct an argument that actually deals with any of your claims. Maybe you'll be able to answer the question as to how this case has violated the Establishment Clause. Can you?
    Last edited by Ikari; 03-19-14 at 11:46 AM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Again, no arguments just insults. This is rather pathetic, you cannot even back up your own statements with real argument. Abortion is not a religious issue, that seems to be the crux of your problem in this stretch to claim that Establishment is violated (not that you've presented any argument as to how it was violated).

    I have yet to see you construct an argument that actually deals with any of your claims. Maybe you'll be able to answer the question as to how this case has violated the Establishment Clause. Can you?

    The problem is not mine, it's yours. If you have no wish to have a constructive dialog, using standard informal debate techniques, then please state so. I will not, nor should anyone, be forced to bend to the will of one persons definition of terms, as in your case. If you just don't understand something, ASK, don't assume.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •