Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 319

Thread: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, you hate the truth - this whole thread proves this.
    Really? How so?

    The problem is that you just cant rationalize the results of your actions
    Actually I can and quite well. That you do not like it or do not agree hardly makes your accusation be more than drivel born out of frustration.


    which is why you're siding with the school here.
    I am siding with the school because it is the right thing to do and because liekj you amply are demonstrating here, the so called pro-life agenda is based on ignorance and morality coercion, none of which have a place in school.

    YOU dont WANT TO KNOW THE RESULTS OF YOUR ACTIONS AND ACTIONS THAT YOU SUPPORT.
    Actually I know exactly the results on my actions, my well being depends on that too often to leave it to chance.

    and there isn't a damn thing you can say to me that will change that fact.
    I am not interested in changing what you think, which by the way does not amount to facts anywhere but your own little world. You more than amply have demonstrated a closed mind so attempts would be futile and I do not do futile.

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    again you are wrong and the SCOTUS has ruled on these very things before.
    Then it would be easy for you to cite the relevant decision.

    we are not talking gay sex that is a strawman but that is all you can come up with.
    Do not deflect. Gay sex sou;d be just as much free speech as pro-choice advocacy.

  3. #163
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Most certainly and correctly, especially if the speech would be disrupting to the school environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    i am students have a 1st amendment right to free speech. the SCOTUS has ruled on this numerous times that students do not give up their rights when they enter a school

    they are all covered under the 1st amendment and allowable.
    No, to the contrary, the courts have strongly decided schools are not absolute free speech zones-especially in regards to political (not religous) speech and that the concept of avoiding school disruption takes precedence. As a result, the courts dont really spend alot of time analyzing arguments that:

    We are butt hurt because Principal "P" is biased against speech "S" and ordered us to stop speaking while at the same time, he allows his "cool" friends from socio political group "G" to have alot more leeway!


    In the end, the courts are usually not going to second guess the principal - even if that means allowing biased decisions to stand. It does not matter if those who are butt hurt are progressives or conservative.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 03-18-14 at 02:00 PM.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Yes they do.

    Nobody said they had to give up any hint, but please cite the cases you so adamantly believe that support your position. By your logic people give up their rights when they go into a theater.

    No they did not.

    It has nothing to do with the SCOTUS ruling and everything to do with what is appropriate in school and at a what age.

    Would you be OK if students put on a gay sex demonstration as the school your kids attend?
    This has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with depriving a living being the right to life.

    Apparently you don't understand the concept of murder.

    You do realize what the courts say is bull**** on a stick? you know that "honor killings" are perfectly fine in Islamic nations? so beyond the legality of the issue - murder is immoral and highly unethical beyond protecting yourself.

    Also, do you know if a crazy lunatic shot a pregnant woman, resulting in the death of her "fetus" the shooter can and will be charged with murder?

    So how the hell can a fetus have no rights if said fetus is treated like a person in a homicide case? what, the mother decides if the fetus is viable or not? in what universe is that even logical?

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Well sure, but then if you aren't reacting emotionally to the image then you also aren't likely to be offended by it.
    The place in question was a lunch room, with students of all ages, even considering that it was a high school, and students can be offended. It does not take rocket science to figure out that the place and venue are not appropriate.

    Many people keep their support for abortion only by ignoring what abortion actually is.
    No one is ignoring anything, it is the termination of a pregnancy, but you clearly have to make more of it to further your agenda.

    For many of those people the sight of a human baby in the womb, or a dead baby out of the womb creates a cogitative dissonance in them that manifests as outrage towards the presenter.
    It is a ****ing fetus. Do you even have a clue what a first trimester fetus looks like?

    1.2 million "services" provided and $300+ million in income annually sure sounds like an industry to me.
    Verifiable source?

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Good point. I think the courts have strongly decided that this concept takes precedence.
    As a result, the courts dont really spend alot of time analyzing arguments that:

    Principal "P" is biased against speech "S" and ordered us to stop speaking while at the same time, he allows his friends from socio political group "G" to have alot more leeway!


    In the end, the courts are not going to second guess the principal - even if that means allowing biased decisions to stand.

    The courts - especially district and SCOTUS are full of **** and only rule on emotion.

    They don't interpret the constitutions - they rule on their own opinions.

    We don't need idiots interpreting a document that is blunt in its writings.

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    This has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with depriving a living being the right to life.
    Bull ****. It has everything to do with religion and there is no right to life.

    Apparently you don't understand the concept of murder.
    I do, buy obviously you have no clue.

    You do realize what the courts say is bull**** on a stick?
    Really? Cite a case.

    you know that "honor killings" are perfectly fine in Islamic nations?
    Another bunch of religious fanatics. Have you ever been there? Do you understand why they do it or you just like to throw emotional tripe because yo lack intelligent and coherent, not to mention relevant arguments?

    so beyond the legality of the issue - murder is immoral and highly unethical beyond protecting yourself.
    No **** and you came dup with this all by yourself? What do you call people who die as collateral damage?

    Also, do you know if a crazy lunatic shot a pregnant woman, resulting in the death of her "fetus" the shooter can and will be charged with murder?
    Not everywhere. Do you have any clue how many states have fetal homicide laws and how are they worded?

    So how the hell can a fetus have no rights if said fetus is treated like a person in a homicide case?
    It seems you do not understand even your own words. Treated like is not the same as "being it" the same way as a driver waiting in a car outside while an accomplice goes into a place and holds it up and shoots someone. The driver will face the same murder charge eve though he did not commit the killing or may not even know about it.

  8. #168
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    wrt 1st Amendment: Because they are minors, and because the school is acting in loco parentis, schools are allowed to limit the speech of students. However, there are limits on their ability to restrict speech.

    IOW, arguing for the extreme positions at either end is just hyperbole
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The courts - especially district and SCOTUS are full of **** and only rule on emotion.

    They don't interpret the constitutions - they rule on their own opinions.

    We don't need idiots interpreting a document that is blunt in its writings.
    Of course and we have your good expertise to rely on instead. Sorry, but no thanks.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Really? How so?

    Actually I can and quite well. That you do not like it or do not agree hardly makes your accusation be more than drivel born out of frustration.


    I am siding with the school because it is the right thing to do and because liekj you amply are demonstrating here, the so called pro-life agenda is based on ignorance and morality coercion, none of which have a place in school.

    Actually I know exactly the results on my actions, my well being depends on that too often to leave it to chance.

    I am not interested in changing what you think, which by the way does not amount to facts anywhere but your own little world. You more than amply have demonstrated a closed mind so attempts would be futile and I do not do futile.
    Yes you deny reality and the only reason you're siding with the school is because schools are authoritarian in nature - and progressives love authoritarianism, just as long as their politics are being implemented.

    You see - you want your politics to be enforced by law.

    Also, I don't give two ****s what you think about me - to me progressives don't matter and I could give a rats ass what they think because it's always wrong. And I'm no republican either - the RINO's are your friends and I'm not one of them.

    You see - I don't consult my "politics" on issues such as these to come to a moral or ethical conclusion - you do. I live my life acknowledging what's ethical and moral - you live your life by what a bunch of idiots tell you how you SHOULD live your life, which is why you're arguing with me in the first place.

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •