Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 319

Thread: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,582

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    The scotus hasn't ruled on *this* in particular and thus it's open to concern and discussion. What's the purpose of the group: to inform or to harass? Anyway - I think their behavior, attitudes, and actions are what would make it tolerable or not. If they cross lines it's obvious they shouldn't be allowed to carry on.

    Either way: I think it's distasteful to display anything pertaining to bodily functions or gore in a lunch hall (regardless of what it is). Outside of an eating area: I don't care so much.
    They don't have to Rule on a specific case. they have already ruled on subsequent cases that apply in the same regard.
    right their action do but that doesn't mean you can suppress those action just because you think they might happen.

    They hadn't crossed any lines.

    that is your opinion 1st amendment trumps your opinion.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Yet we do it all the time in schools. Many schools have dress codes, gang colors are banned, rights of free assembly are denied etc. The right to an education trumps a lot of other "rights". These are children you know. I would also be concerned that outside influence is behind this display of intolerance.
    You do hate the constitution and Bill of Rights don't you?

    In what universe does the Bill of Rights NOT apply to every living and breathing US citizen? oh yeah that's right - progressive judges gave schools the right to treat their students like they're prisoners in a Gulag under Stalin.

    Oh, then progressives turn around and allow 17-year-olds to vote - preferably for a Stalinesque progressive.

    So basically a 17-year-old is intelligent enough to vote, yet cant be confronted with reality in effigy?

    Now you see why "liberalism" is absolute bull**** that makes no ****ing sense whatsoever?

  3. #153
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,582

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    No I am not and no one said that students give up anything, much less rights in school. Please stay on topic.
    i am students have a 1st amendment right to free speech. the SCOTUS has ruled on this numerous times that students do not give up their rights when they enter a school
    therefore the students had the right to put the poster up. just because the school might think that something might cause an issue is not grounds to ban something another SCOTUS ruling.

    the sign is not different than a rock band t-shirt or pro-gun shirt. they are all covered under the 1st amendment and allowable.

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,149

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You do hate the constitution and Bill of Rights don't you?

    In what universe does the Bill of Rights NOT apply to every living and breathing US citizen? oh yeah that's right - progressive judges gave schools the right to treat their students like they're prisoners in a Gulag under Stalin.

    Oh, then progressives turn around and allow 17-year-olds to vote - preferably for a Stalinesque progressive.

    So basically a 17-year-old is intelligent enough to vote, yet cant be confronted with reality in effigy?

    Now you see why "liberalism" is absolute bull**** that makes no ****ing sense whatsoever?
    That is really funny, not to mention the hypocrisy. Why do you hate the truth?

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    No more than conservatives for the very same reasons.

    No it is not allowed because it is in the wrong environment.

    You see this is the very reason it is not allowed, because like you most so called pro-lifers rely on ignorance and emotional tripe, hardly something students need in their lunch room.

    You are deluding yourself again.

    Except those where religion was the driving force eh?
    LOL, what you're trying to do here is rationalize tyranny as something logical.

    What, you cant deal with the notion that abortion is murder? so students should be forbidden from seeing a ****ing baby in the hopes that it will inspire future progressives to murder their own fetus - which is the progressive way?

    Funny how you progressives talk all kinds of **** but cant deal with the repercussions.

    Truth is progressives hate humans and humanity.

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,149

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    i am students have a 1st amendment right to free speech.
    Yes they do.

    the SCOTUS has ruled on this numerous times that students do not give up their rights when they enter a school
    Nobody said they had to give up anything, but please cite the cases you so adamantly believe that support your position. By your logic people give up their rights when they go into a theater.

    therefore the students had the right to put the poster
    No they did not.

    just because the school might think that something might cause an issue is not grounds to ban something another SCOTUS ruling.
    It has nothing to do with the SCOTUS ruling and everything to do with what is appropriate in school and at a what age.

    Would you be OK if students put on a gay sex demonstration as the school your kids attend?
    Last edited by prometeus; 03-18-14 at 01:51 PM.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    That is really funny, not to mention the hypocrisy. Why do you hate the truth?
    No, you hate the truth - this whole thread proves this.

    The problem is that you just cant rationalize the results of your actions - which is why you're siding with the school here. YOU dont WANT TO KNOW THE RESULTS OF YOUR ACTIONS AND ACTIONS THAT YOU SUPPORT. and there isn't a damn thing you can say to me that will change that fact.

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,149

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    LOL, what you're trying to do here is rationalize tyranny as something logical.
    Tyranny is never logical, but it seems that religious tyranny is acceptable to you.

    What, you cant deal with the notion that abortion is murder?
    I can deal with anything, that still does not make abortion murder, but you are free to believe anything.

    so students should be forbidden from seeing a ****ing baby
    Its not a ****ing baby it is a ****ing fetus and the fact that you are unable to tell the difference demonstrates that you are really not well equipped for they debate.

    Truth is progressives hate humans and humanity.
    No, just willful ignorance and morality coercion.
    Last edited by prometeus; 03-18-14 at 01:48 PM.

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,582

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Yes they do.

    Nobody said they had to give up any hint, but please cite the cases you so adamantly believe that support your position. By your logic people give up their rights when they go into a theater.

    No they did not.

    It has nothing to do with the SCOTUS ruling and everything to do with what is appropriate in school and at a what age.

    Would you be OK if students put on a gay sex demonstration as the school your kids attend?
    again you are wrong and the SCOTUS has ruled on these very things before.
    we are not talking gay sex that is a strawman but that is all you can come up with.

    actually it does because the SCOTUS says they can so it has a lot to do with the SCOTUS.

  10. #160
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,662

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Hardly a universal truth.
    Well sure, but then if you aren't reacting emotionally to the image then you also aren't likely to be offended by it. I am speaking of the people who the school believes they are protecting by their actions.

    and?
    Many people keep their support for abortion only by ignoring what abortion actually is. For many of those people the sight of a human baby in the womb, or a dead baby out of the womb creates a cogitative dissonance in them that manifests as outrage towards the presenter.

    “If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” ― Don Marquis

    The picture of the fetus forces many people to think.


    The "abortion industry" another figment of your imagination, hardly needs whitewashing.
    1.2 million "services" provided and $300+ million in income annually sure sounds like an industry to me.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •