Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 319

Thread: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    It certainly is told to us that it is fine to broach subjects like homosexuality to kindergartners, are we to think that high school students aren't equipped to see how a baby in the womb develops?
    Technically it is not a baby in the womb. A baby is what comes out of the womb. Inside the womb it is a alien parasite implanted by a male oppressor-violator for the purpose of sapping precious bodily fluids from the host female in order to maintain dominance over her and force more oppressor-violators upon society.

    Sheesh! Weren't you taking notes in high school biology?

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,148

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not allowed in school?
    Yes, NOT ALLOWED IN SHOOL, which part do you have difficulty grasping?

  3. #103
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    They're not out rambling about the school proseletyzing...they're in a room somewhere, in a group, separate from the rest of the students unless they choose to join.
    Wrong....they wanted to set up tables in the lunch room. Read the article.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #104
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,967

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Your entire post is total unmitigated bull**** and doesn't contain a single fact. First off, it's a high school so how would the principal say it's okay to discuss homosexuality with KINDERGARTENERS?
    Wow, do you not understand that was exactly my point?

    Instead of ranting about something which makes you look silly, see if you can go back and comprehend my argument. It's not a difficult one.

    Secondly you don't know if their pro-life club's literature is factless or not. You just assume it is.
    I said nothing of the sort. What I said is the school should not engage in a political hot topic, unless it is at an appropriate time (like in a class, moderated by a teacher) and is done with fact based literature.

    Seriously, reading comprehension isn't hard. You should spend more time trying it and less time ranting about something you clearly don't understand.

  5. #105
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    The shocking aspect would be to refer to the fetus a "child" or "baby".

    That is why science is left to the science classroom. Many of these students will going on to medical careers. To fill their heads with nonsence is a disservice.
    A child in the womb at 28 weeks? At that point it is capable of survival outside the womb, you know that right? The propaganda to re name what it is in gestation, can only logically be to assuage your own feelings of guilt for supporting murder of something so defenseless.

    To call it a baby, or a child, is not nonsense, it is accurate. It's not a toaster in there, nor is it an eggplant.....It is a baby.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #106
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    Technically it is not a baby in the womb. A baby is what comes out of the womb. Inside the womb it is a alien parasite implanted by a male oppressor-violator for the purpose of sapping precious bodily fluids from the host female in order to maintain dominance over her and force more oppressor-violators upon society.

    Sheesh! Weren't you taking notes in high school biology?

    heh, heh.....that is a terrific mimic of liberal babble .... Kudos sir.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #107
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do I have evidence? You mean other than the teaching materials that have been documented to have been used? I don't understand why you would choose to deny that..."Unfair"? How about what is "unfair" to the students, and their rights?

    That you or I agree, or disagree with the principle of this particular school is irrelevant. And that you say the school shouldn't take a position on such charged topic, well, they did, didn't they? As for "appropriate times", and "fact based", who decides that? You? It is clear today that in our polarized culture, the easiest way to stifle a position is to just claim that which you don't agree with is not based in "fact". As for the timing, I don't really see the problem with showing what a baby looks like at say 28 weeks in the womb, and demonstrating that with a life sized model...What does it matter if it is in the hall at lunch time, or at the end of the day at dismissal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Wow, do you not understand that was exactly my point?

    Instead of ranting about something which makes you look silly, see if you can go back and comprehend my argument. It's not a difficult one.

    I said nothing of the sort. What I said is the school should not engage in a political hot topic, unless it is at an appropriate time (like in a class, moderated by a teacher) and is done with fact based literature.

    Seriously, reading comprehension isn't hard. You should spend more time trying it and less time ranting about something you clearly don't understand.
    I'm not the only person that disagree with you about your post. And for the second time you imply their literature isn't fact based.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #108
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    vote your conscience, but accept the outcome.
    Actually, you can vote your conscience and accept the outcome, but when those who win the vote act contrary to the principles on which the democracy is base, you must stand against that or tyranny will reign. To do otherwise is to abandon your responsibility as an informed and interested citizen and to let "leaders" act in their own self interest as opposed to the collective interests of society.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #109
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I would imagine that both pro-life and pro-choice groups would be allowed to exist in high school.
    I would *hope* that both are allowed.

    These are high school kids we're talking about. In a few years, they will be voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #110
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pro-Life High School Group Says Principal Banned Them From Using Life-Sized Fetus

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No problem. Perhaps you just aren't aware that for decades now PP has supplied public schools with lesson and course plans and curricular materials, all funded and approved by the Federal Dept of Education. This includes teaching on abortion (and you know PP isn't going to teach anti-abortion). Add into that their sponsorship of pickup vans and services.

    You may not have heard about that last as they keep it close to the vest. Any high school student who needs a ride to the clinic for an abortion can be picked up during school hours, excused from school and are given a free ride to the abortion clinic - all without the parents ever being notified.

    Here is where parents are pushing back a bit.

    Parents Take Battle With Planned Parenthood to Next Level | Daily News | NCRegister.com
    Your post does not include any information that suggests the required health classes have a "pro-abortion" aspect to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •