Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 443

Thread: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    The God damn Russian Military is there, there's a million pictures of them being there, how the **** can you say there's no evidence?
    The US military is in Colombia, has the US invaded Colombia? Plz!!!

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    and ??

    All elections in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan were under the presence of US military troops.
    Does it make legal or illegal??
    Hey guy, the US military doesn't operate like the Russians. Not only were we not in Libya, I mean ever you're just flat out wrong and either lying or just plain horribly informed, but we don't control the government of Iraq or Afghanistan and do not interfere with their elections.

    The Russian military has literally occupied the government buildings of the Crimea, its literally installed a puppet to carry this election though, its literally attempting to annex this territory. None of that is true in Iraq or Afghanistan.

    Can you not see any other details, do you not know any other information? Is all you can see troops on the ground in Crimea and troops on the ground in Afghanistan and think they are exactly the same?

    Your ignorance is insulting.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    What would actually be News, would be if the vote ended up some other way.

    Anyone who believes this was not a fake vote orchestrated by Putin....should be evaluated by a professional.
    Support your assertion with facts. Otherwise you have made a baseless accusation.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The US military is in Colombia, has the US invaded Colombia? Plz!!!
    That's not the same, and either you A) Don't know its not the same and therefore are just completely ignorant or B) you know its not the same and are pretending it is because you think it makes a good talking point.

    Are you going to argue that just because the US military has a presence in Colombia that its exactly the same as the Russian Presence in Crimea, that all military presence and foreign missions are the same? Is that what you are about to try and ****ing argue? Really?

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Kim Jung Un got a 100% of the vote, he must be really popular right? This is what an actual dictator looks like.
    Kim Jung Un is very popular in North Korea. His picture is required to be displayed on a wall in every home in North Korea.

    I'm not saying the elections were legit, but with 95% voting for returning to being part of Russia does seem kind of high.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Kim Jung Un is very popular in North Korea. His picture is required to be displayed on a wall in every home in North Korea.

    I'm not saying the elections were legit, but with 95% voting for returning to being part of Russia does seem kind of high.
    That's because its not a legitimate election

  7. #37
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    I didn't saw/hear any voter at the point of the gun.
    I didn't saw any Russian troop around the poll stations.

    Crimea is doing it's changes by the vote, Kiev should take lessons from this.
    Because there are more and more illegal actions occurred during January-February-March from the ex-opposition and current government of Ukraine.
    Yep, I've often noticed how we're so upset with Crimea, but in Ukraine they ousted without proper impeachment a truly democratically elected leader. I guess if the coup is anti-Russia/Putin, or anti-Chavez, or anti-Castro, well then it's okay. Oh and let's not forget how we handled the democratically elected Hamas in Palestine.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #38
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Support your assertion with facts. Otherwise you have made a baseless accusation.
    If being occupied by a superior, larger, and more deadly militant force that you fought to get away from not too long ago isn't proof of this then I don't know what is.

    You've pulled the wool over your own eyes and are ignoring the reality of what's really going on and acting the fool.

    You're showing everyone that you know nothing of political and military history in the region of Ukraine and Crimea. The equivalent of asking someone to prove that the earth goes around the sun simply because you're ignoring everything given as proof.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #39
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Under the treaty between the Ukraine and Russia, Russia is allowed to have up to 20,000 Russian troops in Crimea.
    In their bases or around their bases for security. Not occupying the Parliament after blowing down the doors, or on almost every street corner.

    Also under treaty, the Ukrainians gave up their nuclear weapons in exchange for a guarantee from Russia that Russia would not interfere militarily in Ukrainian internal affairs.

    We have a treaty with Britain, Germany and Japan to have troops in those countries. Would you feel that we had invaded those countries if we took our troops out of bases, brought additional troops, armor and equipment into those countries, blew the doors down on their Parliament buildings, installed our guy as the head of their governments, blocked their navy by sinking derelict ships at the mouth of their navy bases and put our troops around every government building, took control of their press and TV outlets, arrested protestors against what we were doing and called for a vote that we set up to have only two possible answers that both stated that those countries were now part of the US? I don't think that Britain, Germany or Japan would think that it wasn't an invasion, nor would the UN.

    The UN voted that this was an invasion and that the vote wouldn't count. The only two countries that didn't vote yes, were China who abstained, and Russia who Vetoed the resolution.

    The entire world knows what this is. Why do we have some on this forum that cannot see what the rest of the world sees and knows to be the facts.

  10. #40
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    It is legitimate up to a point. That the ethnic Ukrainians and Tatars boycotted the vote only means the yes vote will be higher than it would if they had not. Had this vote been fully transparent and open and free, then the result would have been the same but maybe only with a 60-70% margin. hence this vote is "legitimate" up to a point.

    What is sad is how the west has handled this situation. They actively lured Kosovo away from Serbia and rubber stamped similar elections but when Russia does it then it is illegitimate.. pathetic double standard.

    I do not like Putin, or how he has handled this, but I also dont like the way that the government in Kiev has handled this situation and over the last few decades tried to hurt the Russian minority... that is a fact, and I understand if this minority feels threatened. I mean Kiev tried to ban Russian and remove local powers from Russian speaking areas.

    Crimea has been ethnically Russia for over 100 years... deal with it.
    Uhm, if some chose to not vote, how is that any different than here where we're often lucky to have even 50% vote, whether because of boycott or disinterest? Does that mean every USA vote is illegitimate or only legitimate to a point?
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •