Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 443

Thread: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

  1. #341
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Putin happens to be right in this issue.
    Yup putin apologist, No other explanation of you defending Putin Invading and annexing part of another country
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  2. #342
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Yup putin apologist, No other explanation of you defending Putin Invading and annexing part of another country
    Wrong again, every explanation has been offered up, by several here. Your rage has you blinded.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #343
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Wrong again, every explanation has been offered up, by several here. Your rage has you blinded.
    Nope but, not sure if it is your hate of the USA or love of Putin that has blinded you
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  4. #344
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol I'm sure.

    But that wasn't the question. Why do you keep avoiding it? would you accept the validity of a referendum conducted under US supervision that resulted in 95% of the population voting in favor of the thing the US supported?
    Again, under these EXACT same circumstances, I would accept that, or the annexation with no referendum at all.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #345
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Nope but, not sure if it is your hate of the USA or love of Putin that has blinded you
    Neither. Putin worked for the Ukraine as the West worked for the Ukraine, you could say they both were courting her. Offers and deals were made on both sides, negotiations were engaged, Ukraine looked strongly to the West, but in the end, felt they were getting a better deal from Russia and so went east. And as poor sports, the West has encouraged and supported the violent overthrow of the elected Ukrainian government, and instantly recognised a new government, unelected, but sure to go with the West. Only the dishonest amongst us condemn Russia for taking the policing action that they have to secure their assets and interests in Ukraine.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #346
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Absolutely. But I posted this somewhere else previously: Crimea was always going to fall under Russian control. It was just a matter of managing it. But whether or not it was managed effectively won't be known publicly for many years- possibly decades- but I'm afraid to say I think it probably wasn't.
    "Effectively" defined by the West, or as defined by Putin? When the US annexed Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, California and Hawaii, was it done effectively, and if so, for who?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #347
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Neither. Putin worked for the Ukraine as the West worked for the Ukraine, you could say they both were courting her. Offers and deals were made on both sides, negotiations were engaged, Ukraine looked strongly to the West, but in the end, felt they were getting a better deal from Russia and so went east. And as poor sports, the West has encouraged and supported the violent overthrow of the elected Ukrainian government, and instantly recognised a new government, unelected, but sure to go with the West. Only the dishonest amongst us condemn Russia for taking the policing action that they have to secure their assets and interests in Ukraine.
    Bwahahaha
    You are a putin apologist pure and simple
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  8. #348
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Again, under these EXACT same circumstances, I would accept that, or the annexation with no referendum at all.
    Hahaha "exact". Would it work for like...Canada? They're English speaking!

    Anyway, just so we're clear, you're saying you accept the validity of 95% in favor? You think that's real and not tampered with?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #349
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    "Effectively" defined by the West, or as defined by Putin? When the US annexed Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, California and Hawaii, was it done effectively, and if so, for who?
    Effectively defined by the West, of course. Who's interests do you think I want forwarded? I'm not Russian. I don't live in their sphere of interest, nor do I want to.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #350
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Hahaha "exact". Would it work for like...Canada? They're English speaking!

    Anyway, just so we're clear, you're saying you accept the validity of 95% in favor? You think that's real and not tampered with?
    It very well could be tampered with, I don't know. Why is this hard for you to understand though? If the exact same scenario were to occur, say in Mexico, and we had in Mexico, three military bases and a significant minority of English speaking people that were culturally and politically loyal to us, and if we had been courting Mexico to draw them into our orbit of influence and business, while at the same time, say that Latin America and Russia were negotiating with Mexico, making concessions of their own, and Mexico decided to go with us, and in response, Russia and Latin America encouraged and supported the overthrow of the elected government that just happened to go with us, recognising immediately, a government that would go with them, then, I would support the US going in and securing our assets and interests, including annexation of the region containing them, with or without a referendum, especially if we did all that without killing people and destroying infrastructure.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •