Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 443

Thread: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

  1. #261
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well it looks like the people of Crimea has spoken. NINETY FIVE PERCENT voted to join Russia. WOW!!!

    We'll see what the people in Washington say who have been pushing democracy and the will of the people.

    Ukraine crisis: Early results show Crimea votes to join Russia - CNN.com
    Didn't the people who opposed the vote choose to boycott it?

  2. #262
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The Jewish holocaust went quite smooth too. That also was just "police work."
    Wtf, no it wasn't. What is with the Hitler holocaust comparisons. That's pretty stupid dude.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Didn't the people who opposed the vote choose to boycott it?
    Let's assume that all those people voted for the other option. Do you think the final result would have changed? I doubt it.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well it looks like the people of Crimea has spoken. NINETY FIVE PERCENT voted to join Russia. WOW!!!

    We'll see what the people in Washington say who have been pushing democracy and the will of the people.

    Ukraine crisis: Early results show Crimea votes to join Russia - CNN.com
    Didn't sadam Hussein get 95 percent of the vote in Iraq?

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Didn't sadam Hussein get 95 percent of the vote in Iraq?
    Who ran against Saddam? Can you name the opposition candidate?

  6. #266
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    The White House claims the vote counting was a fraud and that Russia brought in pre-marked ballots.

    Do any of you claim the Obama's staff are lying? I mean, an election under an direction invasion military force certainly would be a fraud-less election.

  7. #267
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Didn't the people who opposed the vote choose to boycott it?
    So are our elections fraudulent because usually 50% or more boycott them either as a boycott or more likely just didn't vote? They had 80% or more turnout, which is a hell of a lot better than we manage here. Also since Republicans are putting undue hardship on likely Democratic voters in many states, does that make those elections fraudulent as well?

    If you're going to use that as evidence, you have to use it equally to all countries and elections. I'm going to guess that you don't do that.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The White House claims the vote counting was a fraud and that Russia brought in pre-marked ballots.

    Do any of you claim the Obama's staff are lying? I mean, an election under an direction invasion military force certainly would be a fraud-less election.
    Do you claim that the Obama administration doesn't lie?

  9. #269
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    No you fail to acknowledge it, because you are a Putin apologist.
    Putin happens to be right in this issue.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #270
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Let's assume that all those people voted for the other option. Do you think the final result would have changed? I doubt it.
    Probably not but it sounds like a lot of people were voting with the impression that it would avoid war with Russia. It seems far from legitimate.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •