Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 443

Thread: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

  1. #211
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,737

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You left out the part about the genocide and deportation of the non-Russian population by Joseph Stalin. Why do I not think this was inadvertent on your part?

    But, the population is still about 12% Muslim Tartar. So I guess you have your reasons to what Russia to take over to take care of them too.
    Why make this personal, and accuse me of wanting Russia to be there? I merely gave historical information and facts. It is your decision whether to debate them or to engage in name calling. FACT - In 1954, the Soviet Union made Crimea part of Ukraine. FACT - Before that it was part of Russia. FACT - The vast majority of Crimeans in 1954, and since then are Russians (Stalin was out of power when the transfer to Ukraine was made, so your point there is a non-sequituer). As for your flame bait, I am not going to bite. Sorry to disappoint you.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #212
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    And the post clarifies why Russia would consider it necessary to protect the Crimea from USA/State Depty/CIA meddling and interference in internal affairs.
    You tell 'em, comrade.

  3. #213
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    And the post clarifies why Russia would consider it necessary to protect the Crimea from USA/State Depty/CIA meddling and interference in internal affairs.
    So THAT is the justification for Stalin's genocide of non-Russian Crimeans? I was wondering what it was.

    Any other places that you want genocide and invasion? You know, like the Nazi's had to exterminate Jews to protect Europe from USA/State Department/CIA meddling and interference.

  4. #214
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,737

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    And the post clarifies why Russia would consider it necessary to protect the Crimea from USA/State Depty/CIA meddling and interference in internal affairs.
    You need to show why the CIA has anything at all to do with this. So far, you have not. Why? Because it's just not there. This is an issue with Russians and Ukranians.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #215
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    2 million.

    The hypocrisy of your message is amazing. You claim that the Crimea is Russia's because it became Russia's in the 1700s by a military treaty - but then declare the current treaty concerning Crimea is totally irrelevant. That is as absurd a reasons as it gets.
    What current treaty are you referring to? There is NO current treaty, a memorandum that is for everyone to RESPECT the Ukrainian borders but no Treaty.

    The Crimea was also occupied centuries ago, but not taken from the Ukrainians- it never was Ukrainian- and is a majority Russian enclave that is a, why can't you get this part????, is a SEMI AUTONOMOUS region attached to the Ukraine. It has it's own Parliament.

    You claim a treaty exists and it does not.

    You claim Crimea is part of the Ukraine but it is a semi autonomous region

    You claim it was an invasion and it was not.

  6. #216
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Why make this personal, and accuse me of wanting Russia to be there? I merely gave historical information and facts. It is your decision whether to debate them or to engage in name calling. FACT - In 1954, the Soviet Union made Crimea part of Ukraine. FACT - Before that it was part of Russia. FACT - The vast majority of Crimeans in 1954, and since then are Russians (Stalin was out of power when the transfer to Ukraine was made, so your point there is a non-sequituer). As for your flame bait, I am not going to bite. Sorry to disappoint you.
    You pick a moment in history and declare that was all there ever was - a military peace treaty in the 1700s. Nothing before, nothing after, ever happened. FACT, Stalin engaged in what was mass eviction and genocide of non-Russians in Crimea. FACT, since 1954 Crimea was part of the Ukraine. FACT, when Ukraine became an independent country this included Crimea.
    FACT, the USA, Russia, UK and numerous other countries vowed to respect and protect the borders of Ukraine, which included Crimea.

    All FACTS you leave out for obvious reason.

    FACT, claiming a majority of Russians in one part of Ukraine due to genocide results then in Russia rightly seizing the territory by a military invasion and then a ballot that did not allow even allow voting to stay in Ukraine is cheering the fruits of genocide.

  7. #217
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You need to show why the CIA has anything at all to do with this. So far, you have not. Why? Because it's just not there. This is an issue with Russians and Ukranians.
    It is an issue with the whole world in relation to future nuclear weapons proliferation and an issue in relation to the treaty with Ukraine to give up the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world.

    No county would ever give a nuclear weapons in the future and there would be no point to engaging in any negotiations otherwise as anything said or promises has exactly no value whatsoever.

  8. #218
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    That wasn't the point. The point is, the world is headed a very scary direction on multiple fronts, and the last thing we need is less troops and resources in our military. Obama, like most liberals, despises the military.
    More of a dodge than an answer... just what would a bigger military do besides spend money we don't have?

    Answer- not much when the clash point is up against a major power. Out in the desert we kick ass, up against Russia in the Georgian affair and the Crimea- not a damn thing.

    Defending our nation takes 1/4th of what we have currently. Maintaining our hegemony takes twice what we have as other nations rise in power.

    Typical CON babble- most liberals don't despise the military, they just see the massive spending levels as unsustainable.

    Nice try though.

  9. #219
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,737

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You pick a moment in history and declare that was all there ever was - a military peace treaty in the 1700s. Nothing before, nothing after, ever happened. FACT, Stalin engaged in what was mass eviction and genocide of non-Russians in Crimea. FACT, since 1954 Crimea was part of the Ukraine. FACT, when Ukraine became an independent country this included Crimea.
    FACT, the USA, Russia, UK and numerous other countries vowed to respect and protect the borders of Ukraine, which included Crimea.

    All FACTS you leave out for obvious reason.

    FACT, claiming a majority of Russians in one part of Ukraine due to genocide results then in Russia rightly seizing the territory by a military invasion and then a ballot that did not allow even allow voting to stay in Ukraine is cheering the fruits of genocide.
    Look, I already told you I am not going to take your flame bait. Maybe you don't know how to read, or maybe you have an issue with ADHT. Whatever your problem is, I have no intention of playing your games. Onto my ignore list you go.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Or it just says she's displeased and is sympathetic to the protesters. It says nothing about indicating a secret CIA plot.
    I didn't say the CIA did it. I said Victoria Nuland did it. Don't put words in my mouth.


    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    LOL at the bolded. Read that out loud and ask yourself if that sounds bat **** crazy.
    You forgot about this part. Let me help you out. Here's the WHOLE THING AGAIN.

    The fact that you can't produce any other pictures of an Assistant Secretary of State passing out cookies to protesters is a sign the strength of US involvement in the installation of Yatsenyuk.If that was the usual thing that the Assistant Secretary of State did, then you could say it's no big deal. That's just what they do. But in this case it shows just how pissed off she was that Yanukovych made that decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    ...lol no. It doesn't. This is INSANITY.
    What's insane is that you want people to believe that it's not possible that the US played a substantial role in the installation of Yatsenyuk as prime minister.


    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Yeah...do you not know what diplomats do? What do you think they do? Seriously, what do you think they do?
    That's right. That's what US diplomats do. And that's how they get rid of people they don't want and put in people they do want. They do it all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol what if I pass out cookies? Will that be proof I work for the DIA and I'm trying to overthrow the moderators here?
    If the Assistant Secretary of State of the United States is out passing out cookies to protesters against the prime minister of a government when the State Department is threatening to impose sanctions against the prime minister of the government it is a BIG sign that the Assistant Secretary of State is VERY displeased with the prime minister of that government. Do I have to draw pictures to make you understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    The US has disagreements with the leaders of virtually every government. Does the US try to overthrow virtually every government? Your knowledge of international relations is truly shocking.
    Ahh!! Now we can see where you are coming from. That was a deliberate distortion of what I said. And you know it. You are getting desperate.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    To you, normal embassy operations are a sign of a secret CIA plot. That's weird, dude. You should...ya know...learn a little bit about it?
    Yep, that's another distortion. Actually a BIG LIE. Show me where I said it was a CIA plot. You are a liar.


    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Then we're both idiots!
    What you are is a liar. You told a big lie, right here in this post to try to make a point. You sir are a liar.

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •