Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 443

Thread: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

  1. #191
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Who hates Crimeans? Crimeans have made a choice. With choices come consequences. Surely you don't expect Ukraine to continue to make provisions for Crimea do you? However, they do have a history of being a bit fickle. Crimea voted to be independent of the Soviet Union (December 1991) and Ukraine (May 1992 -- rescinded then reconsidered 1994). So once again they have decided to switch. Let them look to their new leader for all their provisions.
    I should clarify. You hate all not Russian Crimeans. Why do you celebrate the genocide of Muslim Tartars? Did you have some great grandfather who died in the Crimean wars in the past or something? You hate Muslims believing they are all a terrorists?

  2. #192
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    You make assumptions, present them as facts, and link from blogs that don't even support your assumptions. So that's funny. Tell me more about "Academi" and what you know about CIA agents lol

    What links was I supposed to post there? Do you not know about troop strength in ROK? About military contractors?

    Or is that just another phrase you use when you don't know what else to say?

    "Uhhhhhh...uh...talking points!....uhhh...no links!"
    CIA and CIA front groups. It's like the story of the guy who has one glass of wine, but he's not referred to as a wino, but the same guy sucks one little dick and is forever known as a cokesuckaire. CIA taint is exactly the same. Check to see how many of these front groups are operating in Ukraine.

    How the CIA Operates Through Non Governmental Agencies ‹ I Acknowledge Class Warfare Exists

    "Here is just a small list of various NGOs that are either known or are broadly accepted as CIA front operations. These organizations funnel money directly from their budget into various unknown and foundations, humanitarian groups, and private companies to further CIA priorities:

    National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
    National Endowment for Democracy
    Freedom House
    Millennium Challenge Corporation
    International Center for Journalists
    Center for International Private Enterprise
    USAID "

    "With regard to Freedom House, a United States-based NGO enjoying consultative status, the Permanent Representative of Cuba went on to say that the Committee had been dealing with that “so-called NGO” for several sessions after having received complaints from many delegations. He had submitted proof of the politically motivated, interventionist activities the NGO carried out against his Government. The NGO’s links with terrorist groups in Cuba as well as the fact that it was an instrument of the special services of the United States were no secret."

    "Today, Freedom House continues to serve as both a think tank and a “civil society” funder as part of the State Department’s modern “democracy promotion” complex. Frequently cited in the press and academic works, the reports and studies produced by Freedom House and its affiliates promote the neoconservative ideology of its trustees and government sponsors. Although some names and affiliations have changed, the group is still dominated by neocons. Brzezinski, Kirkpatrick, and Forbes are still on the trustees list, as well as Liasson, O’Rourke, and Noonan.

    Trustee Ken Adelman is a contributor to the Project for a New American Century, along with former CIA director R. James Woolsey, who joined Freedom House in 2000. Adelman was an assistant to Rumsfeld from 1975-1977, U.N. ambassador and arms control director under Reagan, and is currently a member of the Defense Policy Board. He wrote an article for The Washington Postin 2002 titled, “Cakewalk in Iraq”28 in which he said: “I believe demolishing Hussein’s military power and liberating Iraq would be a cakewalk.” Another trustee, Harvard professor Samuel P. Huntington, is the U.S. author of the Trilateral Commission report, The Crisis of Democracy and The Clash of Civilizations and Remaking of World Order (1996)."

    "Carl Bernstein writes in “the CIA and the Media“:

    “Alsop is one of more than 400 American journalists who in the past twenty‑five years have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters. Some of these journalists’ relationships with the Agency were tacit; some were explicit. There was cooperation, accommodation and overlap. Journalists provided a full range of clandestine services—from simple intelligence gathering to serving as go‑betweens with spies in Communist countries. Reporters shared their notebooks with the CIA. Editors shared their staffs. Some of the journalists were Pulitzer Prize winners, distinguished reporters who considered themselves ambassadors without‑portfolio for their country. Most were less exalted: foreign correspondents who found that their association with the Agency helped their work; stringers and freelancers who were as interested in the derring‑do of the spy business as in filing articles; and, the smallest category, full‑time CIA employees masquerading as journalists abroad. In many instances, CIA documents show, journalists were engaged to perform tasks for the CIA with the consent of the managements of America’s leading news organizations…”
    The Church Committee uncovered how the CIA funded journalists abroad …where those stories"

    "Alternet explains what you can do:

    Combined with current events factoids, Wikipedia and Sourcewatch, anyone with basic internet competence [ability to follow links and do key word searches such as ‘African Wildlife Foundation, MI6, CIA’ or ‘Fossey Foundation, arms trafficking’] and is able to make and organize notes while sifting out blatantly misinformed or amateur articles, can learn to overcome disinformation, do their own analysis, map the corporate activities, identify the rip-offs and peoples exploited by these schemes, all while identifying the actual players and motives behind the New York Times propaganda.

    Apply the preceding method and the result is quite clear; the New York Times is but one arm of a mechanism to deceive on behalf of a corporate centered sociopath get-mega-rich[er]-quick scheme of the 1%, exploiting Americans belief in their institutions, any consequence to the USA and actual democracy be damned in process"

  3. #193
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,028

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Seems like a perfect climate to reduce military spending, right Obama?

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    So basically you endorse separate-but-equal racism for which obviously everyone sticks with their own ethnicity? Then what is your ethnicity so we can pre-know where you stand on every issue given at least you are 100% loyal to your ethnicity whatever that leads to.
    You just like going over the top on just about everything.

    THE point is the Crimea was NEVER a part of the Ukraine. Try reading history instead of making it up. The Crimea was Russian before the Ukraine was... try mid 1700's. In 1955 the now defunct USSR tried to attach the Crimea to Ukraine, but as a SEMI AUTONOMOUS region. Not a district, not a county, not a province.

    Now as far as trying to make this racist... that is a new low...

    In another post you make still more crap up, the Crimea has just under 2 million folks not 3 million (2013), the agreement with the Ukraine is for 16,000 troops to be stationed there... where do you get 22,000???

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Seems like a perfect climate to reduce military spending, right Obama?
    And just what would a bigger military have done? CON tripe doesn't fly. We challenged the USSR to a game of military spending chicken and they had to quit due to a very unstable economy... now we have the unstable economy and the Russians have a strong cash generator- NG to Europe. Putin would LOVE us to spend money we don't have with little if any way to pay-off the IOUs in another military spending spree.

    Our tanks didn't drive to the Ukraine/Russian border to 'free' the Ukraine and it damn sure isn't going to 'defend' it even with Reagan era spending.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,242

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You're really comparing the two.
    Yes as they are very similar.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  7. #197
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    They didn't conquer anything, they didn't kill people and destroy infrastructure like the US does when they invade, think Iraq, that was an invasion. Crimea was Russian police work to secure their assets and interests and now the residents wish to join Russia, all quite smooth, really.
    The Jewish holocaust went quite smooth too. That also was just "police work."

  8. #198
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    There have been plenty of protests against governments the US didn't like. Recall, there was even a coup that temporarily overthrew Hugo Chavez. The US rushed immediately to recognize the government, but was embarrassed when Chavez was reinstated. But in that case, you didn't see the Assistant Secretary of State out passing cookies to protesters. In this case the Assistant Secretary of State of the United States who is overseeing the affairs of Ukraine is passing out cookies to protesters. This is at the same time that the State Department is threatening the democratically elected government of Ukraine because the prime minister preferred the better offer that was made by Putin. And because the threat came from the State Department and Victoria Nuland is the Assistant Secretary of State that is overseeing the affairs of the Ukraine, it's very likely that she had a lot to do with the State Department issuing the threat. So her passing out cookies to the protesters is a sign of her displeasure. She is demonstrating that she is displeased with the decision of Yanukovych and that she is going to do something about it.
    Or it just says she's displeased and is sympathetic to the protesters. It says nothing about indicating a secret CIA plot.

    The fact that you can't produce any other pictures of an Assistant Secretary of State passing out cookies to protesters is a sign the strength of US involvement in the installation of Yatsenyuk. If that was the usual thing that the Assistant Secretary of State did, then you could say it's no big deal. That's just what they do. But in this case it shows just how pissed off she was that Yanukovych made that decision.
    LOL at the bolded. Read that out loud and ask yourself if that sounds bat **** crazy. What if it was the RSO passing out bottles of water? Would that be good enough? Or do they need to be cookies? What kind of cookies?

    Yes it is. Having someone in there who will do as the US wants after State Department threatened sanctions against Yanukovych for rejecting the deal by the EU, when seen together with the other things I have mentioned, does indeed support the notion that the US played a substantial role in the installation of Yatsenyuk as prime minister.
    ...lol no. It doesn't. This is INSANITY.

    Yeah and they go out passing out cookies to protesters after the democratically elected prime minister makes a decision that they don't like. They threaten sanctions against a country after the democratically elected prime minister makes a decision they don't like. They get on the phone and say f*ck whoever is in their way after the democratically elected prime minister of a country says something they don't like. They get on the phone and discuss who to put in power after they get rid of the democratically elected prime minister of a country says something they don't like. They pose for pictures, to let it be known these are the people who they want in power, after they get rid of the democratically elected prime minister of a country does something they don't like.
    Yeah...do you not know what diplomats do? What do you think they do? Seriously, what do you think they do?

    Yep, it's simple to understand. Nothing hard about it. Of course someone who was put on here to spin propaganda would never agree.
    lol what if I pass out cookies? Will that be proof I work for the DIA and I'm trying to overthrow the moderators here? Ooooh, did I tip my hand too much? What if I call a member here and tell them a moderator will be fired! Is that proof of a secret NGIC plot? Genius!

    There is no statute of limitations for the truth. If the US actually did it, as long as there is evidence to support it, it should be put forward.
    Ahh, I predict we'll be waiting a very long time. And I predict you'll never stop passing off your assumption as fact.

    It's strong evidence when taken in the context that the State Department threatened to impose sanctions on the Ukraine after it rejected to EU offer. It's strong evidence when taken in the context of Victoria Nuland passing out cookies to protesters against Yanukovych. It's strong evidence when taken in the context of her speaking on the phone about the need to have Yatsenyuk put in power. And over and above that, it's strong evidence when seen in the context of the fact that the US tries to overthrow the leaders of governments that they have disagreements with.
    The US has disagreements with the leaders of virtually every government. Does the US try to overthrow virtually every government? Your knowledge of international relations is truly shocking.

    You need to learn some history if you can't find examples of people protesting in the streets of countries where the United States would rather have someone else in power.
    Do you have any books to recommend? I'm interested in learning your version of history.

    And you know all about this issue. Do you work for Victoria Nuland? If you don't, how do you know for a fact that what I am saying is not true? Is it because you have been to a diplomatic social? LMAO!!! If you don't work for her you have know way of knowing for a fact that what I am putting forward is not true.
    ...so you're admitting now it's an assumption? You seem to have an appalling dearth of knowledge about what embassies do. To you, normal embassy operations are a sign of a secret CIA plot. That's weird, dude. You should...ya know...learn a little bit about it?

    So you work for Victoria Nuland then. That's why you know all about this. Interesting. If you don't, and you don't speak about things you know nothing about, then why are you speaking on this? According to your logic, you are an idiot, because you can't say anything about anything you don't know for a fact.

    Sorry Charlie. Try again.
    Then we're both idiots! I'm slightly less of one, however, because I actually have some experience in international relations and embassies. Not only do you not, but you're also making assumptions and trying to pawn them off as fact. The conspiracy theory forum is that way. ---->
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #199
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You just like going over the top on just about everything.

    THE point is the Crimea was NEVER a part of the Ukraine. Try reading history instead of making it up. The Crimea was Russian before the Ukraine was... try mid 1700's. In 1955 the now defunct USSR tried to attach the Crimea to Ukraine, but as a SEMI AUTONOMOUS region. Not a district, not a county, not a province.

    Now as far as trying to make this racist... that is a new low...

    In another post you make still more crap up, the Crimea has just under 2 million folks not 3 million (2013), the agreement with the Ukraine is for 16,000 troops to be stationed there... where do you get 22,000???
    2 million.

    The hypocrisy of your message is amazing. You claim that the Crimea is Russia's because it became Russia's in the 1700s by a military treaty - but then declare the current treaty concerning Crimea is totally irrelevant. That is as absurd a reasons as it gets.

  10. #200
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    CIA and CIA front groups. It's like the story of the guy who has one glass of wine, but he's not referred to as a wino, but the same guy sucks one little dick and is forever known as a cokesuckaire. CIA taint is exactly the same. Check to see how many of these front groups are operating in Ukraine.

    How the CIA Operates Through Non Governmental Agencies ‹ I Acknowledge Class Warfare Exists

    "Here is just a small list of various NGOs that are either known or are broadly accepted as CIA front operations. These organizations funnel money directly from their budget into various unknown and foundations, humanitarian groups, and private companies to further CIA priorities:

    National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
    National Endowment for Democracy
    Freedom House
    Millennium Challenge Corporation
    International Center for Journalists
    Center for International Private Enterprise
    USAID "

    "With regard to Freedom House, a United States-based NGO enjoying consultative status, the Permanent Representative of Cuba went on to say that the Committee had been dealing with that “so-called NGO” for several sessions after having received complaints from many delegations. He had submitted proof of the politically motivated, interventionist activities the NGO carried out against his Government. The NGO’s links with terrorist groups in Cuba as well as the fact that it was an instrument of the special services of the United States were no secret."

    "Today, Freedom House continues to serve as both a think tank and a “civil society” funder as part of the State Department’s modern “democracy promotion” complex. Frequently cited in the press and academic works, the reports and studies produced by Freedom House and its affiliates promote the neoconservative ideology of its trustees and government sponsors. Although some names and affiliations have changed, the group is still dominated by neocons. Brzezinski, Kirkpatrick, and Forbes are still on the trustees list, as well as Liasson, O’Rourke, and Noonan.

    Trustee Ken Adelman is a contributor to the Project for a New American Century, along with former CIA director R. James Woolsey, who joined Freedom House in 2000. Adelman was an assistant to Rumsfeld from 1975-1977, U.N. ambassador and arms control director under Reagan, and is currently a member of the Defense Policy Board. He wrote an article for The Washington Postin 2002 titled, “Cakewalk in Iraq”28 in which he said: “I believe demolishing Hussein’s military power and liberating Iraq would be a cakewalk.” Another trustee, Harvard professor Samuel P. Huntington, is the U.S. author of the Trilateral Commission report, The Crisis of Democracy and The Clash of Civilizations and Remaking of World Order (1996)."

    "Carl Bernstein writes in “the CIA and the Media“:

    “Alsop is one of more than 400 American journalists who in the past twenty‑five years have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters. Some of these journalists’ relationships with the Agency were tacit; some were explicit. There was cooperation, accommodation and overlap. Journalists provided a full range of clandestine services—from simple intelligence gathering to serving as go‑betweens with spies in Communist countries. Reporters shared their notebooks with the CIA. Editors shared their staffs. Some of the journalists were Pulitzer Prize winners, distinguished reporters who considered themselves ambassadors without‑portfolio for their country. Most were less exalted: foreign correspondents who found that their association with the Agency helped their work; stringers and freelancers who were as interested in the derring‑do of the spy business as in filing articles; and, the smallest category, full‑time CIA employees masquerading as journalists abroad. In many instances, CIA documents show, journalists were engaged to perform tasks for the CIA with the consent of the managements of America’s leading news organizations…”
    The Church Committee uncovered how the CIA funded journalists abroad …where those stories"

    "Alternet explains what you can do:

    Combined with current events factoids, Wikipedia and Sourcewatch, anyone with basic internet competence [ability to follow links and do key word searches such as ‘African Wildlife Foundation, MI6, CIA’ or ‘Fossey Foundation, arms trafficking’] and is able to make and organize notes while sifting out blatantly misinformed or amateur articles, can learn to overcome disinformation, do their own analysis, map the corporate activities, identify the rip-offs and peoples exploited by these schemes, all while identifying the actual players and motives behind the New York Times propaganda.

    Apply the preceding method and the result is quite clear; the New York Times is but one arm of a mechanism to deceive on behalf of a corporate centered sociopath get-mega-rich[er]-quick scheme of the 1%, exploiting Americans belief in their institutions, any consequence to the USA and actual democracy be damned in process"
    Ah, so I was supposed to post from a blog. How does that prove that your assumption is true, again?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •