Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 443

Thread: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

  1. #101
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    I find it the usual but disappointing that over 90% of those right-wingers posting on this board
    are supporting and justifying Putin's take-over in Crimea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I dont think any reasonable individual would consider this referendum to be anything but the farce that it is.
    It makes me wonder why Putin even bothered.
    It makes me wonder what is making the few like you tick that feel this referendum is a farce .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    As the Ukrainian government was usurped through a coup, it's open season, everything is fair game.. Good on Russia...
    Wow dude, you support dictatorships invading other nations and using criminal means to destroy their governments to turn them into puppets?

    That's sick.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    as long as no one is stupid enough to open fire on the russians, the russians cannot justify any further expansion.
    Hell yes they can, they'll justify whatever they want if they feel they can get away with it.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    If the troops at that base came out and took over the local town, even without firing a single shot, it's still and invasion.
    You've never been to Alamogordo, N.M. on a Friday or Saturday nigh have you ?

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    So did Ukraine do the legal thing and remove him correctly? No! So rest is just bluster. If you are all for doing the right thing the right way.. you start there first.
    Who ****ing cares if he was not removed in the exact method in their Constitution? He was a horrible President who stole from his people, killed his people, and ran the government as a for-profit business for himself and friends. How is the suffering of MILLIONS of Ukrainians who had to live under this guy less important than following the strict guide of their Constitution? Its more important now that the country rebuilds itself.

    Seriously **** the strict legality, it doesn't ****ing matter. This guy is such a horrible President that its less important to preserve the adherence to the law than it is to have removed him by any means available. The lives of people, the future of a country, is more important than following the strict letter of the law which NOT SURPRISINGLY a dictator won't respect anyway! Do you think you're going to remove this guy by letter of the law? He stole 70 billions from his country and put it into his personal bank account, he killed his people in the streets, why the **** do you think he'd respect a court or his Parliament telling him to get out? You're being naive.

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Who ****ing cares if he was not removed in the exact method in their Constitution? He was a horrible President who stole from his people, killed his people, and ran the government as a for-profit business for himself and friends. How is the suffering of MILLIONS of Ukrainians who had to live under this guy less important than following the strict guide of their Constitution? Its more important now that the country rebuilds itself.

    Seriously **** the strict legality, it doesn't ****ing matter. This guy is such a horrible President that its less important to preserve the adherence to the law than it is to have removed him by any means available. The lives of people, the future of a country, is more important than following the strict letter of the law which NOT SURPRISINGLY a dictator won't respect anyway! Do you think you're going to remove this guy by letter of the law? He stole 70 billions from his country and put it into his personal bank account, he killed his people in the streets, why the **** do you think he'd respect a court or his Parliament telling him to get out? You're being naive.

    See how that line of thinking doesn't work for you when it comes to Crimea.. Example: So Crimea can do whatever the **** it wants, right?

    You fail. Move on.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    See how that line of thinking doesn't work for you when it comes to Crimea.. Example: So Crimea can do whatever the **** it wants, right?

    You fail. Move on.
    Its not the Crimea its Russia, and no I don't given the same respect to dictators and invaders that I give to other kinds of people.

    And lets talk about your failing, you say the last President of Ukraine was removed by a coup and thats wrong. Now Russia is annexing Crimea via coup in their Parliament as well, but thats OK? Tell me where are your standards? How is that ok but my position, which is the opposite is not?

    Don't be a hypocrite.

  8. #108
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    You've never been to Alamogordo, N.M. on a Friday or Saturday nigh have you ?
    Germans in the malls or restaurants or bars isn't my point. But I get what your saying. The same goes for areas around any other base that has a training program for foreign military (mostly NATO). Towns around naval bases are chock full of foreign military guys and galls.

    You would have thought that the Iraqi army had invaded parts of eastern North Carolina when we were training those guys.

  9. #109
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Support your assertion with facts. Otherwise you have made a baseless accusation.
    ~OR~ expressed my opinion in a thread full of opinions on an internet forum that requests opinions.

    Crimea is occupied by Russian Military Forces which denied access to the vote by international monitors.....hmmmmm.

  10. #110
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    re: Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    as long as no one is stupid enough to open fire on the russians, the russians cannot justify any further expansion.
    And the Russian were justified for this expansion, how?

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •