Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 106

Thread: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Your source article said



    I buy that because that is certainly consistent with the 36 percent figure I saw.

    You said from 30 to 35 percent.
    I don't follow what you're objection is.

    I said 30-35%, the article said 35%, you said 36%.... what is the objection?

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I don't follow what you're objection is.

    I said 30-35%, the article said 35%, you said 36%.... what is the objection?
    You said you know what the imports are. However your source says 35 per cent, but you are saying 30 - 35 percent. Why did you say 30 to 35 percent? Do you have another source that's saying 30 per cent, or is that just your conjecture?

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You said you know what the imports are. However your source says 35 per cent, but you are saying 30 - 35 percent. Why did you say 30 to 35 percent? Do you have another source that's saying 30 per cent, or is that just your conjecture?
    ...

    Are you being serious just now? As in, are you actually being serious? because if you are, then I'll just stop talking to you. If you won't discuss things based on the core and on the major issues but just nibble round the edges like a hamster, well... I don't have time or patience to deal with hamsters.

    Honestly, I nearly had a brain melt when I read your comment. It took me 5min to formulate a response because I just couldn't believe what I was reading... what a stupid talking point.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    ...

    Are you being serious just now? As in, are you actually being serious? because if you are, then I'll just stop talking to you. If you won't discuss things based on the core and on the major issues but just nibble round the edges like a hamster, well... I don't have time or patience to deal with hamsters.
    I'm being serious, because I think you may be deliberately trying to underestimate the effect that a disruption in Russian gas supplies to Europe will have.

  5. #95
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What's erroneous about it? But then if its irrelevant to you, I don't suppose it matters. And we disagree on who the bad actors are in Ukraine.
    Holy crap Monte??? You support Putin's military invasion, occupation and soon to be annexation of Crimea???

  6. #96
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,293

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    Of course your comment assumes that popular uprisings can't occur in and of themselves without the omniscient CIA being involved which is a paranoid statement at best. I think you give too much credit to the CIA and not enough to the people of Ukraine.
    I give big credit to $5 billion worth of manipulation and people management. Even your basic moron could do pretty good with $5 billion to work with.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I'm being serious, because I think you may be deliberately trying to underestimate the effect that a disruption in Russian gas supplies to Europe will have.
    I don't think I have that power.

    Energy imports from Russia drop during the summer and spring and increase during the winter period. Since most consumption of energy is in transportation and house consumption, since you don't need to heat up so much and people walk more during the warm seasons, there is always a drop in energy imports. And a hike in cold seasons. this is not rocket science.

    What you are doing is making a talking point out of nothing. There is nothing to be discussed there. I said 30-35, the article said 35, you said 36. By your logic, you're trying to overestimate the impact. I'm not accusing you of that however because I know how statistics work and I like to spend my time discussing something worthwhile. But as it stands, I just wrote 3 paragraphs trying to explain to you why your line of discussion is not just boring, but irrelevant.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I've never understood this: this is like saying a Bears fan is a hypocrite for liking touchdowns when the Bears score them, but disliking touchdowns when the Packers score them. "Do you like touchdowns or not?!" No, dude, it's not like that: the US is just looking for any argument to further US interests. Every nation is exactly the same in that regard.

    What is funny, though, is when individual people, not working for an organization, put forth the same type of argument. When country X attacks? Country X is wrong. When country X is attacked? Country X is still wrong, they goaded it somehow. These people aren't even working towards a national interest, so what's their goal?
    When the US invaded Iraq, that was a touchdown?
    When Russia invaded Crimea, that was a touchdown by the other team?

    Surely, that's not what you meant.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #99
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    When the US invaded Iraq, that was a touchdown?
    When Russia invaded Crimea, that was a touchdown by the other team?

    Surely, that's not what you meant.
    Figuratively speaking, in the context of that analogy.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: If Crimea says 'Da!,' what's next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I don't think I have that power.

    Energy imports from Russia drop during the summer and spring and increase during the winter period. Since most consumption of energy is in transportation and house consumption, since you don't need to heat up so much and people walk more during the warm seasons, there is always a drop in energy imports. And a hike in cold seasons. this is not rocket science.

    What you are doing is making a talking point out of nothing. There is nothing to be discussed there. I said 30-35, the article said 35, you said 36. By your logic, you're trying to overestimate the impact. I'm not accusing you of that however because I know how statistics work and I like to spend my time discussing something worthwhile. But as it stands, I just wrote 3 paragraphs trying to explain to you why your line of discussion is not just boring, but irrelevant.
    I'm not overestimating here because there is a reliable source for 36 percent. On the other hand, I have seen nowhere that estimates 30 percent. It's relevant to this discussion because it's an indication that you could be deliberately underestimating the effect.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •