Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 173

Thread: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    There are many valid reasons but if your not willing to learn and that's your happy place, then be happy larry. You've settled on a narrow progressive view of the situation then there's no point discussing it?
    There are no valid reasons that should be forced on your fellow Americans that dont follow your beliefs. There is no harm shown...to marriage or society...or families.

    So, feel free to share your valid reasons, which are only valid if they dont force your religious beliefs on others (so in that, you may be correct....they would not mean anything to me)

    And 'narrow progressive view' is bull**** since my perspective is INCLUSIVE and broad and flexible. It actively LOOKS for harm and finds none.

    Yours is rigid and full of ignorance and even hate....because you choose to inflict emotional pain on those that do you no harm. How would you have felt if *the GOVT told you you couldnt marry your wife?*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #72
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Your argument is one of the typical one always made in defense of homosexual marriage but it doesn't fly in the face of the facts. Homosexuality is not a race issue it's the dumbing down of morality to make a very small group feel included at any cost.
    You need to understand that morality is not a matter of facts in the first place, and that your moral disapproval is not reason enough to make something illegal. I think it's immoral for people to go to a Justin Bieber concert, but it is clearly not in my right to prevent you from attending.

    You're right. Same sex marriage is not a race issue. Nobody is saying that it is. People are making comparisons because the arguments are identical. It's immoral. Is unnatural. Against the will of God. Against the will of the people. Against states rights. Every one of these arguments was used against interracial marriage.
    Last edited by Deuce; 03-14-14 at 04:08 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #73
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    That's your opinion there are many of us who still consider homosexuality as a form of perversion. That opinion would easily help someone to reach the opinion that marriage has been fouled. I can never accept homosexuals because of this and what will be coming next. The legal assault on our churches.
    Are you married? Has your marriage become less important because of same sex marriage that is already happening? Do you love your spouse less? Does God approve of your union less? Does God love you less? Do you love your children less? Are you more likely to get divorced because two dudes got married in Minnesota yesterday? Would you be more likely to get divorced if a gay couple next door got married?

    Exactly what about your life or your marriage, or anybody else's marriage, is being harmed here?

    Why is your approval of someone else's marriage important? Is my approval of your marriage equally important? If I disapprove of your union, should it be illegal?
    Last edited by Deuce; 03-14-14 at 04:09 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #74
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    I'll let you know when they do.
    Arguing from willful ignorance is probably the dumbest thing you can do


    ACLU of Colorado Supports Students Wearing Christian Symbols in the Colorado Springs School District

    ACLU-NJ Defends Christian Student's Anti-Abortion Speech

    ACLU of Tennessee Defends Christian Students' Right to Preach in Public Park

    ACLU of Virginia Defends Christian Students' Right to Protest Against ACLU at Public School

    ACLU Defends Christian Students Wearing Anti-Islam Shirts to Florida Public School

    ACLU Fights For Christian Inmate's Right to Preach

    ACLU of Northern California Fights Law that Got Quakers Fired Over Loyalty Oath

    ACLU Defends Christian Librarian Disciplined for Refusing to Promote Harry Potter

    ACLU Defends Right of Individual Christian to Display Nativity Scene on Public Property

    ACLU Defends Christians Protesting Gay Rights in Florida

    ACLU Champions Religious Freedom Of Mormon College Student

    ACLU Fights for Christian Church's Mission to Feed the Poor

    ACLU Fights for Christmas Tree

    ACLU Files Suit to Protect Free Speech Rights of Christian Protesting Wal-Mart's Policy on Gays

    ACLU of Georgia and Baptist Church File Religious Discrimination Lawsuit

    ACLU of Rhode Island Files Appeal on Behalf of Christian Prisoner Barred from Preaching at Religious Services

    ACLU of Michigan Defends Catholic Man Coerced to Convert to Pentecostal Faith in Drug Rehab Program

    ACLU of New Jersey Joins Lawsuit Supporting Second-Grader's Right to Sing "Awesome God" at Talent Show

    After ACLU Intervention on Behalf of Christian Valedictorian, Michigan High School Agrees to Stop Censoring Religious Yearbook Entries

    ACLU Helps Free New Mexico Street Preacher From Prison

    ACLU of WA Wins Right of Christian Minister to Preach in Spokane Plaza

    ACLU Fights for Baptist Preacher in Illinois

    ACLU Defends Rights of Christian Group to Make Religious Protest at Funerals

    ACLU Backs Christian Abortion Protester in Ohio

    ACLU of Oregon Defends Religious Liberty Of Adventist School Boys Basketball Players

    ACLU Backs Missouri Nurse Penalized for Wearing Cross-Shaped Lapel Pin

    ACLU Defends Christian Street Preacher in Las Vegas

    ACLU Argues for Legal Recognition of Small Christian Church

    ACLU of MA Defends Students Punished for Distributing Candy Canes with Religious Messages

    ACLU of Nebraska Defends Church Facing Eviction by the City of Lincoln

    ACLU Defends Church's Right to Run "Anti-Santa" Ads in Boston Subways

    ACLU Defends Inmate's Access to Material from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

    Following Threat of ACLU of Virginia Lawsuit, Officials to Agree Not to Ban Baptisms in Public Parks

    ACLU Defends Families Fighting Removal Of Religious Symbols from Florida Cemetery

    ACLU Supports Right of Iowa Students to Distribute Christian Literature at School

    ACLU Argument In Support of the Display of a Christian Cross in a Public Forum

    ACLU Defends Christian Worker Required to Remove Bible from Desk at Government Job

    ACLU Defends Free Speech Rights of Christians And Others On Main Street Plaza

    ACLU Defends Prisoner's Rosary Beads

    ACLU Defends Christian Group's Anti-Abortion Ads On Phoenix Buses

    ACLU Pledges to Back Church in a Zoning Battle

    ACLU of PA Files Discrimination Lawsuit Over Denial of Zoning Permit for African American Baptist Church

    ACLU Offers To Represent Private Prayer on Public Property and

    ACLU Joins Falwell To Fight For Church Incorporation Rights
    The ACLU Fights for Christians

  5. #75
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    The cases you quoted are so "vanilla" that they don't meet the true definition of defending. The aclu has a very dubious track record towards Christianity and it's symbols. They almost always fight to remove Christianity from public places and where they have defended it it's more of a speech issue rather than a religious on, nice try though.
    so basically you were wrong, people tried to help you learn, you refuse to , and roll the goalposts further away. I pity people like you, changing one's opinion in the face of real facts is a glorious thing. People like you who are sheep to some right wing noise machine are barely living.

  6. #76
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    so basically you were wrong, people tried to help you learn, you refuse to , and roll the goalposts further away. I pity people like you, changing one's opinion in the face of real facts is a glorious thing. People like you who are sheep to some right wing noise machine are barely living.
    Name calling is childish.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #77
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What screws up marriage more: Two gay men or women who love each other seeking to be married? Or a Heteroxsexual man who has sex with another married mans wife?
    Weak argument.

  8. #78
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    ACLU = there is no freak too freaky, there is no homosexual too homosexually, there is no color too colorful, there is no woman to masculine, there is no junkie too pathetic, there is no law too strange etc., etc, etc,.............................................. ...................................
    ACLU= Your rights are paramount; even if you are a freak. The Constitution Loves you too.


    The bible may foresake you, but the Constitution is for freaks. Thank god.


  9. #79
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The Bible didnt say it was a perversion...it said it was a sin....no better and no worse than fornicating and adultery. Why arent you freaking out over those sinners marrying and fouling marriage?

    Your 'sky is falling' assumption that even more 'fouling' of marriage will occur is silly and unfounded....It's just like...using the exact same words....as those objecting to interracial marriage...they considered that 'fouling' too. And those people and their ignorance and hate (yes, because they do not care about the humans they would deny happiness) DISGUST me.

    And there will not be assaults on churches (not successful anyway). The govt legally does not have that power. And gays can already find plenty of churches of many denominations to marry them.
    Drama! Drama! The conversation isn't about adulterers or fornicators but I like them even less because they give the evil minions a false leg to stand on. Sex is not race but if you think it is that's ok. Any act that is unnatural brought into marriage is entering the institution under false pretenses and cheapens it for everyone. So the only way they could find happiness is to get married, oh brother.

  10. #80
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    cool story it has zero impact here
    Good, no point having a discussion with a self appointed god.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •