Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 173

Thread: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

  1. #21
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yes thats your question and its been answered but it still not the topic here
    Anytime you invoke the aclu we know what's up.

  2. #22
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Anytime you invoke the aclu we know what's up.
    another opinion you are welcome too
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #23
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,051

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Anytime you invoke the aclu we know what's up.
    Er...okay, I'll bite: when the ACLU is invoked, what is, in fact, up?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Just be who and what you are. It's easy if you're a woman be a woman don't be a pretend whatever. If you're a man be a man don't be a fairy control yourself. Just be happy being what you were created to be and quit trying to be something different.
    And as such, dont they deserve not to be discriminated against and denied benefits and privileges in things like marriage and adoption and hospital visiting rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #25
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another opinion you are welcome too
    Do you think you'll ever be trusted once people realize that you would go this far?

  6. #26
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Do you think you'll ever be trusted once people realize that you would go this far?
    I knew of a situation where an applicant for a job had been involved in a dispute over raises. She felt one race got preference when it came to raises. She lost the case and decided to look for different job but once the word got out no one wanted to take a chance on her. Her right to have a legal review of her situation caused a very talented worker that should be well paid ended up in a position well below her skill level. We need to realize that you may have the right but there may be consequences for pushing an issue.

  7. #27
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Er...okay, I'll bite: when the ACLU is invoked, what is, in fact, up?
    Someone or group is trying to legally force an issue regardless of the people it may offend or hurt. In a lot of cases they win the legal battle because the other side doesn't have the funds to fight the argument. Under those circumstances you put a line between people because you can't be trusted, you become a bully.

  8. #28
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And as such, dont they deserve not to be discriminated against and denied benefits and privileges in things like marriage and adoption and hospital visiting rights?
    My argument with homosexuals is forcing the marriage issue. I was always in support of the same rights but they didn't have to foul marriage in the process.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Someone or group is trying to legally force an issue regardless of the people it may offend or hurt. In a lot of cases they win the legal battle because the other side doesn't have the funds to fight the argument. Under those circumstances you put a line between people because you can't be trusted, you become a bully.
    I know you are old enough to remember the struggle, how 'unpopular' the civil rights movement was for blacks....so your argument is just crushingly, ignorantly hypocritical. Your post could apply to that word for word.

    When something is right, it's right. There is no good reason that gays should be discriminated against....none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    My argument with homosexuals is forcing the marriage issue. I was always in support of the same rights but they didn't have to foul marriage in the process.
    That makes no sense...they have the same right to marriage then too.

    And you never explained to me (no one has) how gays could possibly foul marriage more than other sinners like fornicators, adulterers, felons in jail....and the Bible says to treat all those sins the same.

    Why was there no outrage, no fight against those sinners marrying?

    More hypocrisy, esp. since it harms no one else's marriages at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •