Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 173

Thread: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

  1. #161
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Still had morals. They may have been morals that were in direct contradiction to the majority of the people on the planet, but they still had morals.

    This is why I've always preferred references to morals as a "compass". Morals are always there, but the thing about morals is that some peoples' morals are not in the same direction as others, some being completely opposite direction of some or even most people.
    Well you're really grippen now.

  2. #162
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Reporting for trolling. We're done here.
    And after all the insults I've suffered but suit yourself that's obviously what you do.

  3. #163
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    My conscience is quite clear on this: stealing, murder, rape, and lying all the way down to the neglect of my everyday duties and loved ones is wrong. I don't know what twisted rationale Hitler used to rationalize what he did, but it's no form of morality I recognize. I would say the driving force of my morality is at its simplest based on empathy, though it does get a bit more complex than that. But I don't see how Hitler could have used empathy to arrive at the decision to start a war that killed upwards of eighty million people. Empathy would rebel at such a choice.
    I don't know what motivates some people all I know is what's right for me. I will always give Cesar what's Cesar's and the Lord what's the Lord's.

  4. #164
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Well you're really grippen now.
    Nope. I simply understand the meaning of words. Morals is an individuals beliefs on right and wrong. It has nothing to do with how the rest of the world views an action when it comes to individuals having morals.

    Now, the majority of people do share a common set of morals on what is right and wrong. Even some people who kill people believe that they are doing wrong but do it anyway for whatever reason. Others believe that they are not breaking their personal beliefs on what is right by doing something because their morals allow them to justify their actions. It doesn't make what they have done right or okay when it comes to living in a society together or when it comes to ensuring the values that the vast majority hold as "right".
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    A lot of the time I know whether someone will accept my reason or not so if I feel there's no respect then I just let it go.
    I respect religious viewpoints...I am a Christian and understand that. However what I dont understand is how anyone thinks that their religious beliefs should affect...even damage...the lives and happiness of other Americans.

    So that is what I'm asking...and if your view is based solely on your religious beliefs...then please explain why you think others should have to be subject to them?

    My 'personal and religious views' are different than the way I vote on this issue. I am not gay nor interested in being gay. Just like abortion...I (dont think) I would have had one but still vote differently...out of respect for others and the fact that we are Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    The days coming when it will happen without concern for how anybody else feels about it.
    But many people DO feel good about it...gay and straight.

    You are the one trying to limit your fellow Americans for reasons you will not explain, except that they are sinning. But you dont explain why you dont apply it to 'other sinners' or more importantly...why are some Americans outraged that gays would ask to marry, but not when fornicators and adulters do? No one tried to start a movement to prevent them. Why? Their sins are no different, according to the Bible, than homosexuality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    I know we have differences, here are a few: pervert=pervert you pervert = a sensitive misunderstood person who just wants to fit in, .
    Your assumptions are mostly wrong, so I am going to stick to the topic.

    You just dehumanized about 10% of the American population who:

    --do no harm to themselves or anyone else
    --perform acts that thousands of straight people do as well
    --contribute a great deal to society in all professions, sports, the Armed Forces, science, and the arts
    --have and raise families in the same ways (and just as well) as straight couples

    *You* claim they are perverts. Even the Bible does not say that. As I said before....*you* are the one that ONLY FOCUSES on one small part of their lives. How big a part did sex play in your marriage? Was it 'everything?' Does it define your marriage, the sex you have?

    It doesnt for gays either. Their relationships..and marriages...are the same as straight peoples...for better and for worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    My opinion means nothing the fact that pervert's hijacked something decent so they could play house and say they are just like everybody else is a fact. Following the traditional definition of marriage them and their ilk have contaminated it with exactly what satan wanted it contaminated it with.
    More than fornicating? More than adultery in a marriage? More than wife beating and child abuse? More than divorce? Really?

    People that commit all sorts of perversions are allowed to marry. People that do the same sex acts as gays are allowed to marry.

    Well then how come no one attempts to stop any of them from marrying or re-marrying?

    Why "just gays?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    My opinion means nothing the fact that pervert's hijacked something decent so they could play house and say they are just like everybody else is a fact. Following the traditional definition of marriage them and their ilk have contaminated it with exactly what satan wanted it contaminated it with.
    So you aren't getting married then right? I mean since the mean ole nasty gays fouled it right? Or are you just another hypocrite that realizes gay marriage won't affect YOUR marriage?

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    More than fornicating? More than adultery in a marriage? More than wife beating and child abuse? More than divorce? Really?

    People that commit all sorts of perversions are allowed to marry. People that do the same sex acts as gays are allowed to marry.

    Well then how come no one attempts to stop any of them from marrying or re-marrying?

    Why "just gays?"
    I just love how some people ignore the facts that heterosexual divorce rates are almost 50%, yet they think it's the gays that have "destroyed" the sanctity of marriage.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •