Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 173

Thread: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

  1. #131
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,781

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    I am sorry I noticed that you didn't say that when someone was calling gays perverts..... hmmmmmmmmm
    Yeah that's me. All biased against those gays.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #132
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Weak argument.
    Not a weak argument at all. There is one person on this site who is probably more vocal in his anti-gay views that any other poster here....yet he brags about having sex with a married woman while her husband is off serving our country. He, however, is not unique. Adultrey has done more to destroy the sancitity of marriage than SSM ever has or ever will.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    I didn't say fouled it up, I said fouled it.
    So if you're married you're going to get a divorce right? And if you're not married than you're never going to get married right? After all those gays fouled marriage according to you.

  4. #134
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]Enough. Cut out the baiting and attacks.

  5. #135
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    I don't what you have are called morals.
    With the possible exception of sociopaths, we all have morals, a conscience or a "little man on our shoulder," as it were. It speaks to us and tells us when we did something wrong (such as the feeling of shame for allowing the cashier to mistakenly not charge us for that soda), and the feeling of pride for having done good (such as giving to charity). You think your Christianity provides you with a unique system in which only that faith can allow for such a conscience, but you would be surprised to learn that everyone has such a thing, it just doesn't necessarily take on the visage of your religion.

  6. #136
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I can tell when someone answers a direct question and when they try to avoid it.
    A lot of the time I know whether someone will accept my reason or not so if I feel there's no respect then I just let it go.

  7. #137
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So if everyone else can be wrong and marry...why cant gays?
    The days coming when it will happen without concern for how anybody else feels about it.

  8. #138
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Oh, and just to add to my previous answer without interrupting any potential replies to it, here are what some states have to say on how defending same sex marriage bans are paid for:

    Utah Plans To Spend $2 Million In Taxpayer Dollars To Defend Anti-Gay Discrimination | ThinkProgress

    New Utah AG: Cost to defend same-sex marriage ban worthwhile :: The Salt Lake Tribune

    "However, Tarbet revealed that Monte N. Stewart, a Boise attorney and founding president of the Utah-based Marriage Law Foundation, has helped the state craft its legal theory so far and will be the attorney of record on the stay application. Stewart also will assist the state with its appeal to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in what could be an estimated $2 million legal battle over Amendment 3."

    PA-Gov: Tom Corbett's (R) Lawsuit To Uphold PA's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Costs Taxpayers $400 An Hour

    "Taxpayers will spend $400 an hour — and possibly a lot more — for Gov. Tom Corbett to hire an outside law firm to fight a federal lawsuit challenging the state's 1996 ban on gay marriage. "

    Just to give you a couple.
    I have yet to see or hear of money taken from tax revenue to defend DOMA because they can't afford what's on their plates already. I would have to see what funds and from where they came to believe states have money sitting around for future legal battles. I would also like to know the source of the information even though we all know leftists are all honest.

  9. #139
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    try again, i have no clue what this says
    I don't think.... Sorry, I was on my way out to eat and I was trying to hurry.

  10. #140
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,781

    Re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are you married? Has your marriage become less important because of same sex marriage that is already happening? Do you love your spouse less? Does God approve of your union less? Does God love you less? Do you love your children less? Are you more likely to get divorced because two dudes got married in Minnesota yesterday? Would you be more likely to get divorced if a gay couple next door got married?

    Exactly what about your life or your marriage, or anybody else's marriage, is being harmed here?

    Why is your approval of someone else's marriage important? Is my approval of your marriage equally important? If I disapprove of your union, should it be illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    A lot of the time I know whether someone will accept my reason or not so if I feel there's no respect then I just let it go.
    Soo, not going to answer my questions? You say marriage is "fouled." I want to know in what manner, and how this affects you. If same-sex marriage causes harm to others, then I'm going to change my mind on the subject pretty fast. Gay people don't have the right to harm my marriage.

    So explain to me how that can happen.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •