Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 173

Thread: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

  1. #91
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Someone or group is trying to legally force an issue regardless of the people it may offend or hurt. In a lot of cases they win the legal battle because the other side doesn't have the funds to fight the argument. Under those circumstances you put a line between people because you can't be trusted, you become a bully.
    Are you trying to say that states or organizations fighting same sex marriage being legal, fighting for bans on same sex marriage don't have the funds to do this? Because that belief holds no water. In fact, when it comes to states defending this discrimination, it is our tax dollars being spent to defend this unconstitutional crap.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #92
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    The inclusion of sexual deviates does diminish the institution as a whole but It doesn't mater because the damage is done.
    your opinion of sexual deviates is meaningless nor does it impact the institution, since that is just a subjective thing that you make up for you and you are in control of it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #93
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    The Bible didnt say it was a perversion...it said it was a sin....no better and no worse than fornicating and adultery. Why arent you freaking out over those sinners marrying and fouling marriage?

    Your 'sky is falling' assumption that even more 'fouling' of marriage will occur is silly and unfounded....It's just like...using the exact same words....as those objecting to interracial marriage...they considered that 'fouling' too. And those people and their ignorance and hate (yes, because they do not care about the humans they would deny happiness) DISGUST me.

    And there will not be assaults on churches (not successful anyway). The govt legally does not have that power. And gays can already find plenty of churches of many denominations to marry them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Drama! Drama! The conversation isn't about adulterers or fornicators but I like them even less because they give the evil minions a false leg to stand on. Sex is not race but if you think it is that's ok. Any act that is unnatural brought into marriage is entering the institution under false pretenses and cheapens it for everyone. So the only way they could find happiness is to get married, oh brother.
    There was no drama...just facts. Like how the Bible describes those sins...ignored. Like how people said interracial marriage was 'fouling' it...*just like YOU*......it's not about the 'reason,' like race or sex....it's about how ignorant people view it and judge it.

    You had no answer for a single thing in my post. Noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    Yours is rigid and full of ignorance and even hate....because you choose to inflict emotional pain on those that do you no harm. How would you have felt if *the GOVT told you you couldnt marry your wife?*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #94
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    These are not issues of defending immorality or bad behavior.
    Immorality is another way of saying "you are doing something I think is wrong". It is subjective, just as "bad behavior" is.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #95
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    ACLU= Your rights are paramount; even if you are a freak. The Constitution Loves you too.


    The bible may foresake you, but the Constitution is for freaks. Thank god.
    Are you sure you're a real Texan?

  6. #96
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Correction: we don't want your morals to get in somebody else's way, because that is unamerican.
    I said it right.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Only because you don't want morals to get in your way.
    Please explain how something that harms no one else (nor themselves) can be immoral?

    Lots of things are 'sins' according to the Bible, still doenst make them immoral. And all other sinners are allowed to marry so it still doesnt even make sense....you just dont like thinking about all that geigh sex....so dont....it's none of your business and you are some kind of a pervert if that is the only thing you think of when you think of gay people.

    Is sex the only thing you think about when you look at straight couples? (That would be creepy too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #98
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    not my problem if facts bother you but your story has no impact on this topic
    I know and you're so smart.

  9. #99
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope just stating a fact

    your subjective opinion of morals is 100% meaningless to rights, same as my subjective opinion of morals, are opinions of morals dont matter to rights.
    .......and morals have nothing to do with right or wrong.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    re: Gay couples, ACLU seek Fla. marriage recognition[W:134]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    I always love how a progressives view is based on the only way they'll ever be happy is if they are permitted to encroach on your beliefs. If the government banned marriage a civil union would be fine because for official purposes that fits the bill.
    Why would you care if there were civil unions? You wouldnt get one, would you? Why would you?

    You would be happy being married in the church, with none of the govt-provided benefits and privileges, correct?

    Not only that, Christian gays believe the same things you do, and deserve the same marriages...they are exactly the same to them. Thankfully, many Christian churches will marry them so they can enjoy the same marriage as you.
    Last edited by Lursa; 03-14-14 at 05:25 PM. Reason: clarified for silliness on 'encroachment.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •