Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #961
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Gipper, your childish responses avoid the obvious.

    If they share custody, each will miss many important milestones in the childs life.

    FIrst steps

    First words.

    First **** in the toilet.

    They each will have to get over it.

    Hopefully, they will both take a deep breath and stay out of court.

    If the lawyer had his best interests in mind, he would have told his client to pick his battles - not this one.
    If a mother missed a milestone, she would lose her mind. You're all a hyper-emotional, jumbled mess...evidenced by this court case. "I don't want him to be here for this event because I don't like him."

  2. #962
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If a mother missed a milestone, she would lose her mind. You're all a hyper-emotional, jumbled mess...evidenced by this court case. "I don't want him to be here for this event because I don't like him."
    Absolutely NOT. You are the one being emotional here. Regardless of her reasons, his presence there would obviously BOTHER her. That is all that matters. I don't know why you cannot understand the medical implications of that during childbirth. Go watch a video of a live natural childbirth.

  3. #963
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Absolutely NOT. You are the one being emotional here. Regardless of her reasons, his presence there would obviously BOTHER her. That is all that matters. I don't know why you cannot understand the medical implications of that during childbirth. Go watch a video of a live natural childbirth.
    Pass. I wouldn't want to be there. But that's me.

  4. #964
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Pass. I wouldn't want to be there. But that's me.
    That is irrelevant. The point is no one can force their way, against a person's will, to be present at any medical procedure without that person's consent. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Mother, father, SO, husband, daughter, son, it doesn't matter. If you wish to be ALONE during your medical procedure, that is YOUR decision alone to make, and nobody should be able to observe you during such against YOUR will.

  5. #965
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If a mother missed a milestone, she would lose her mind. You're all a hyper-emotional, jumbled mess...evidenced by this court case. "I don't want him to be here for this event because I don't like him."
    I missed the birth of my own child.

    I had complications they pushed dad out of the room, put me under and C-section done.

    We both got over it.

    Gipper, when you grow up, you will realized that missing moments happen. You can be sad that you missed them, that is natural. But you suck it in and realize being a parent is about a bigger picture. I cannot even conceive of the picture you are painting - it seems more than immature notion.

    Anger and going ballistic about missing milestones is just a plain old egocentric idea. I know of no mother who "goes ballistic" over such things. And for the record, in real life, I know of no father who has either. I am not sure what world you live in to have such experiences.

  6. #966
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is irrelevant. The point is no one can force their way, against a person's will, to be present at any medical procedure without that person's consent. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Mother, father, SO, husband, daughter, son, it doesn't matter. If you wish to be ALONE during your medical procedure, that is YOUR decision alone to make, and nobody should be able to observe you during such against YOUR will.
    Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but is this in fact "her" medical procedure? I would say that it is as much the mother's medical procedure as the baby's.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #967
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    I missed the birth of my own child.

    I had complications they pushed dad out of the room, put me under and C-section done.

    We both got over it.

    Gipper, when you grow up, you will realized that missing moments happen. You can be sad that you missed them, that is natural. But you suck it in and realize being a parent is about a bigger picture. I cannot even conceive of the picture you are painting - it seems more than immature notion.

    Anger and going ballistic about missing milestones is just a plain old egocentric idea. I know of no mother who "goes ballistic" over such things. And for the record, in real life, I know of no father who has either. I am not sure what world you live in to have such experiences.
    Slight difference between "medical emergency" and "she's being a bitch".

  8. #968
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Twice in one page a rational point is made and the response is grow up. Well played.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  9. #969
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Slight difference between "medical emergency" and "she's being a bitch".
    That is not the point. The point is that a milestone was missed, and we all got over it.

  10. #970
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Twice in one page a rational point is made and the response is grow up. Well played.
    Which specific rational response?

Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •