Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #831
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Exactly!

    I would question why he would want to force the woman attempting to give birth to his child into a more stressful situation. HIPPA aside, upping the stress level in an already stressful situation is just a messed up thing to do.
    And let's not forget that the doctor has the final say on who is in the delivery room. Even if the law put the father's wish ahead of the mother's, the doctor can bar the father at the mother's request simply to avoid the distraction of drama.

  2. #832
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Your perception of being in the delivery room with someone who wants you there. Think beyond your personal situation for a moment.
    Good point. How about the mother thinking beyond her personal situation and considering the father of her shared child?

    Excuse me if I don't fall down on my knees at the alter of 'a woman's right to her own body' when there are actually two other humans involved in this besides her.

  3. #833
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We agree that you are confused on this topic.


    Which is why pointing out that someone edited their post doesn't serve any purpose. It's like saying "Oh and I see you brushed your teeth today" as though you noticed deception. Editing is perfectly normal and you seem to be the only one who cares.
    I think you missed my point. The tone of my post reflected my reaction to having something I said quoted out of context.

  4. #834
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    1.)So let me ask you, if a mother decides she doesn't want the father in the delivery room, would you say that should apply to any delivery? Lets say a mother had an argument with her husband about the baby name, and then ordered the father out of the delivery room because she said so. Do you believe she would have an absolute right to that as well?



    2.)Obviously none of us knows what all of the personal issues there are between these two people. But we do know that the father had to hire a lawyer and go before a judge, so he felt very strongly about being present during the birth of his child. And who knows, maybe if there had been more time to appeal the lower judge's ruling, and higher court may have instituted a different decision? Not every judge gets these things right. I just believe that this woman was demanding privacy from a man who she wasn't "private with" for a long time. What would be so intrusive by allowing the father in the room, behind the woman so she doesn't have to see him, and her private area draped off? Delivery rooms do this all of the time.




    3.)Why shouldn't he push it? This is a child that he was having with a woman whom he was once engaged to. They made the decision to have the baby, keep the baby, and at one point be married. She is the one who was pushing him out of being there when his child was being born. She is the one who was denying her child from having a father who wanted to be there present for the birth. This isn't about one person; it's not even about two people; this about THREE people who will only have this happen one time.
    1.) yes the reason doesnt matter.
    You seem to think "feelings" matter to rights, they dont.

    would i think thats a ****ty thing to do? yes
    does that change the fact its her right? no

    2.) none of this matters to her rights and the law

    3.) wrong its about rights, its only the failed desperation argument that TRIES to make about others or feelings. Its not. Its about rights.
    Reword it 15 different ways at the end of the day it was simply rights being protected
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #835
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    1.)She was naked when she made the baby, she should be used to it by now.
    2.) Besides, I've been in three delivery rooms and the last thing a woman is thinking about is her naked butt when she in that much pain.
    3.)My wife could have been on the 50th yardline at the superbowl game giving birth and modesty would have been way down the list of her worries while pushing out a 9.5 lb baby.
    1.) this is the most mentally retarded failed argument about 3 people have presented.
    How is this based on logic, facts, or rights in any way whatsoever. Would this apply to peeping toms if the peeper was an ex? of course not because thats stupid.

    2.) again your opinions have no impact on her rights

    3.) see #2
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #836
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Your question is:



    Yes, both have a right to privacy but the woman does not want to encroach on the man's fundamental rights on privacy. There is no evidence that the woman has any desire or plans to deny the man the right to claim parentage with all the obligations and rights accordingly.

    The woman does not want to trump any of his fundamental rights at all, it is completely the other way around. He will become father no matter what, it does not matter if he is floating in space or downtown when the woman delivers this baby, he has gone from someone with little or no rights to someone with a lot of potential rights. There is no trumping rights in this lawsuit. His rights are non-existent as to being inside the delivery room at the moment of birth. There is no legal right and IMHO no moral right in the case of parents who have split up and who are estranged from one another. In an ideal world I would love for him to be able to support the mother of his child while she delivers the baby and see him come into this world. However, this is not an ideal world for those 2 parents. She does not want him for support and does not need him for support. His presence would be purely as spectator and that is just not a good enough reason for him to be there. It is not a legal requirement to allow her to have him be there as a spectator, there is no legal grounds for him to demands that, in my point of view there is also no moral right for him to demand this.

    Now if it was a case in which there was a legal basis for his demand to be present at the moment of birth and I, as a make believe lay judge, would have to choose that the rights of the mother and child far outweigh/trump the hypothetical rights of a father to see his child born. The safety and comfort of mother and child during the birthing process deserve greater consideration than the fathers need to be a spectator at the moment of birth. That at least is my opinion.
    100% correct there is no "TRUMPING" of rights her there is only the protection of the rights involved
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #837
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    I think you missed my point.
    I ignored your point because it had nothing to do with my point.

    You think opinions on this topic run down political lines, hence your 'typical liberal' remark which is what prompted me to chime in. Unlike abortion, SSM, gun-control, etc, opinions on this topic do not run down party/lean affiliation. People of very deferring political standings agree on this.

  8. #838
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I ignored your point because it had nothing to do with my point.

    You think opinions on this topic run down political lines, hence your 'typical liberal' remark which is what prompted me to chime in. Unlike abortion, SSM, gun-control, etc, opinions on this topic do not run down party/lean affiliation. People of very deferring political standings agree on this.
    Jerry, I never said that the topic ran down political lines. I responded to the other person's post which quoted me out of context as "a typical liberal remark". It was not a response to his/her position, it was a response his/her illogical tactic of taking something out of context and presenting that as my position. I hope that clears this up?

  9. #839
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Del Z, the following is what I feel is relevant in this case to the previous questions asked.

    There are more than just mother's (parental) rights and father's (parental) rights of a baby at play when it comes to this issue. There is also the mother's and baby's health concerns and mother's right to privacy during a medical procedure (and yes, delivering a child is a medical procedure).

    So you have:

    father's "right" to see child delivered vs mother's right to medical privacy and medical concerns for both the baby and the mother

    Given the facts here, there is no doubt that the mother's rights/needs (and by extension the baby's as well) come before any supposed "right" there may be to the father seeing the child born.

    When it comes to a child, not all parental "rights" are going to be equal. For example, given the nature of breastfeeding, the mother will have more say in this area when it comes to at her time with the child than the father. If she wants to breastfeed and can, that is going to be her right to do so no matter the father's input here. (Now, I will say that if the mother is putting the child in danger by breastfeeding her/him, such as she is HIV positive, then no, she should not be able to breastfeed without facing negative consequences regarding her parenting since breastfeeding in that case would put the child at risk.) On the same token, if she does not want to breastfeed, the father cannot force her to breastfeed, even if he feels it is best for his child. (These discussions on this case kind of make me wonder when we might see a court case regarding breastfeeding when it comes to children and parental rights.)
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #840
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    I guess if the kid gets sick and goes to the hospital when they're with the dad, he can keep her from entering the room too.

Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •