Page 77 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    You bring up a good point: Home births.

    Would an estranged boyfriend - or the cheating ex husband - have the right to demand access to someone's private home to watch her give birth?
    If they're the natural father then yes......

    Hell, I have 2 brothers and a sister that were delivered at home the "old fashioned way" - at home.

    I suppose there was no question as to who the father was but we - myself included - and my father were there, as well were many close family members and friends.

    IMO, I think it's important for siblings to see their brothers and sisters born. It's a natural process and I'm grateful for having seen 3 live births in my life. IMO, only then you can really put life into context (not as a kid) but latter thinking about that experience..

  2. #762
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,987

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The hell they don't - this isn't a 1984 Orwellian utopia yet for the authoritarians.

    This is why you don't have your kids in hospitals.
    They don't. Ask any family custody lawyer or family court judge. Hell, just ask anyone who has been in the situation of sharing custody of their children.

    For example, if a father is given custody of their children lets say for so many weeks over a summer or for every other Christmas, the mother cannot deny that to the father just because she wants to spend that time with them. She also cannot invite herself along to his house, wherever it is to be with them. Or lets use a case my mother had. My father had visitation rights to my siblings setup with the divorce. My mother planned a cruise for them all, 3 teenagers (16 and older) and a 14 year old. She had to get permission from my father to take them. For the first time she planned the cruise, he refused. My mother got in touch with her lawyer and took it to court. The lawyers told my father that his turning my mother down showed his own selfish reasons for denial rather than thinking of his children. He had no real reason to not allow my mother to take my siblings on that cruise. And there was no way the court was going to deny my mother if it came to that (after the talks with the lawyer, he gave the permission) because he couldn't show any reason such as my mother was planning to move the children out of the country or something to keep them away from him. So he couldn't have planned anything or expected to have the kids at that time. A non-custodial parent cannot take a child out of school for say a vacation or something like that without permission from the custodial parent. (Not even sure if they can pick the child up from school without permission from the custodial parent.)
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #763
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,987

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    I agree with all of that, but the child is only born once, how do you divide that into two? Allowing the father to be present during the birth, not the labor, is reasonable if it does not interfere with the birth. Because even given everything you said above, you aren't saying that one parent can not attend a bar mitzva or a high school graduation are you?

    I think the point here is that where events cannot be divided, they must be shared. A child can have separate birthday parties, but not separate births.

    I'm not saying the legal decision will be changed. I'm just wondering why most people are automatically siding with the woman in this case? I'm a man, and the birth of my children was a very special moment, actually the highest moment in my life. I just find this woman to be selfish for her own reasons in denying the father that moment. She is taking a position for herself, and not even for her child.
    It doesn't matter that the child is only born once. The child will only have one first Christmas, one birthday for each age, one first day of school, and many other firsts that it is likely only one parent will get to see. The mother's privacy in this case outweighs the father's want to be there for that one moment of thousands to come.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #764
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,573

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I'd tell her to go **** herself and be a dick about every ****ing support payment. ****, I'd take the time to go to the bank and pay her ****ing ass in pennies every month.

    "hey, here's this month's child support. seventy-five thousand pennies." and make her sign a ****ing receipt for them
    This says a lot more about you than it does about her.....

  5. #765
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,987

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    And taking the line of reasoning further, do both parents have a right to be there for every first in a child's life, even if that would invade the privacy or cause a hardship to the other parent or perhaps even the child? For instance, do parents have to call to inform the other parent that perhaps the child is going to take their first step or lose their first tooth? Do both parents have a right to be at every single birthday celebration the child has, even if it is during one parent's time with the child and they are planning it at say a relative's house? Does a parent have the right to tuck in their child or read them a book every single night before they go to bed, even if it is in the other parent's home, possibly even after the other parent has remarried/found another mate, invading their privacy?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #766
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    They don't. Ask any family custody lawyer or family court judge. Hell, just ask anyone who has been in the situation of sharing custody of their children.

    For example, if a father is given custody of their children lets say for so many weeks over a summer or for every other Christmas, the mother cannot deny that to the father just because she wants to spend that time with them. She also cannot invite herself along to his house, wherever it is to be with them. Or lets use a case my mother had. My father had visitation rights to my siblings setup with the divorce. My mother planned a cruise for them all, 3 teenagers (16 and older) and a 14 year old. She had to get permission from my father to take them. For the first time she planned the cruise, he refused. My mother got in touch with her lawyer and took it to court. The lawyers told my father that his turning my mother down showed his own selfish reasons for denial rather than thinking of his children. He had no real reason to not allow my mother to take my siblings on that cruise. And there was no way the court was going to deny my mother if it came to that (after the talks with the lawyer, he gave the permission) because he couldn't show any reason such as my mother was planning to move the children out of the country or something to keep them away from him. So he couldn't have planned anything or expected to have the kids at that time. A non-custodial parent cannot take a child out of school for say a vacation or something like that without permission from the custodial parent. (Not even sure if they can pick the child up from school without permission from the custodial parent.)
    Usually this has nothing to do with courts and everything to do with authoritarian hospitals....

    Usually they drug the mother up and pressure her into a c-section (the easy way out for a doctor)...

    When it comes to births at a hospital I don't believe the mothers wishes or expectations are considered at all - these clowns just want to deliver the baby as fast as possible.

    Long gone are the days when doctors where your family physician and they were there and delivered you and were your doctor until you were 25 (for example).

    IMO, I think doctors view delivering children as a waste of their time, which is why they advocate c-sections 999.9% of the time.

  7. #767
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    1.)I can't respond to your post or the previous one because you edited my quote without indicating that it was edited by you. Please do not edit my comments, even if it is just to change the way my comments are being formatted (e.g., 1) 2) etc). Generally when quoting another person it is allowable to use (snip) or (...) to indicate you are taking a part from the person's comments, or to add names in brackets for example: adding [President Obama] inside of brackets to clarify a quote where a person used "he" and you have added the name in brackets in the quote so it was clear who are are speaking of in your response (to clarify who he/she might be).

    Basically it is proper etiquette when using the quote function to avoid edits inside the "quote tags" unless it is clear that you did so for reason that I indicated. To do otherwise runs the risk of blatant intellectual dishonesty, which I do not believe was your intention.

    Thanks
    your post was not edited in anyway whatsoever that changes its content besides numbering your points.
    I do this so all your points get addressed. I dont miss any and theres no confusion into what im responding to.
    This is done as a courtesy so theres clearing communication. If this bothers you there is a simply solution, simply dont respond. You're welcome.

    Let me know when you can address the things that proved your post wrong. thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    They don't. Ask any family custody lawyer or family court judge. Hell, just ask anyone who has been in the situation of sharing custody of their children.

    For example, if a father is given custody of their children lets say for so many weeks over a summer or for every other Christmas, the mother cannot deny that to the father just because she wants to spend that time with them. She also cannot invite herself along to his house, wherever it is to be with them. Or lets use a case my mother had. My father had visitation rights to my siblings setup with the divorce. My mother planned a cruise for them all, 3 teenagers (16 and older) and a 14 year old. She had to get permission from my father to take them. For the first time she planned the cruise, he refused. My mother got in touch with her lawyer and took it to court. The lawyers told my father that his turning my mother down showed his own selfish reasons for denial rather than thinking of his children. He had no real reason to not allow my mother to take my siblings on that cruise. And there was no way the court was going to deny my mother if it came to that (after the talks with the lawyer, he gave the permission) because he couldn't show any reason such as my mother was planning to move the children out of the country or something to keep them away from him. So he couldn't have planned anything or expected to have the kids at that time. A non-custodial parent cannot take a child out of school for say a vacation or something like that without permission from the custodial parent. (Not even sure if they can pick the child up from school without permission from the custodial parent.)
    The natural father of the child has every right to be in the room while the child is being birthed. I suppose there are some exceptions like sperm donors and such, or others that signed over legal rights to the child.

  9. #769
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    If they're the natural father then yes......

    Hell, I have 2 brothers and a sister that were delivered at home the "old fashioned way" - at home.

    I suppose there was no question as to who the father was but we - myself included - and my father were there, as well were many close family members and friends.

    IMO, I think it's important for siblings to see their brothers and sisters born. It's a natural process and I'm grateful for having seen 3 live births in my life. IMO, only then you can really put life into context (not as a kid) but latter thinking about that experience..
    can you tell us what right that is?


    what right is it of the man to infringe on private property rights and privacy rights of a home and person?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #770
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)The natural father of the child has every right to be in the room while the child is being birthed. I suppose there are some exceptions like sperm donors and such, or others that signed over legal rights to the child.
    what right is that?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 77 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •