Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #41
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I'm not so sure.

    Courts have already determined that a parent can't sign away a child's legal right to support. A mother can't release a father from his obligation to support the child, thereby harming the child.

    What we're talking about in this case is a conflict between the mother's right to the privacy of a medical procedure and the child's right to have a tighter emotional bond to its father.
    Except that last has nothing to do with the father being in the delivery room during birth. In fact the father being in the room for the birth is a recent thing. Somehow down through history fathers have managed to have tight bonds with their children without being in the room when they were born.

  2. #42
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Life, yes, birth, only with mother's permission.
    There are two people involved in the medical procedure of birth - the mother and the child. If the mother doesn't grant permission, the child can, and in this case, the father has legal rights, until a court strips him of those rights, to control the medical procedures directed at his child.

  3. #43
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Except that last has nothing to do with the father being in the delivery room during birth. In fact the father being in the room for the birth is a recent thing. Somehow down through history fathers have managed to have tight bonds with their children without being in the room when they were born.
    The theory is that this forms a tighter emotional bond with the child, not that it is necessary to form a bond.

  4. #44
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    There are two people involved in the medical procedure of birth - the mother and the child. If the mother doesn't grant permission, the child can, and in this case, the father has legal rights, until a court strips him of those rights, to control the medical procedures directed at his child.
    this has nothing to do with him being in the room . . . . . . .NOTHING . . . .

    there are no legal rights to SEE the birth
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,191

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You don't seem to grasp that some people consider a fetus to be a person. How can you say to them that the "child's" right to life is subordinate to the mother's right to privacy? That just doesn't work with any intellectual honesty.
    I am curious, how did you arrive at the child's right to life, as if that existed at all, being subordinate to the mother and how is any of that relevant to the father not being allowed to witness the birth?

  6. #46
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    He doesn't need one.



    Tell that to those women bitching about people seeing their pussy when wearing a skirt, but failing to wear panties. I bet they will all agree, but everyone else that saw their pussy during the day won't agree.
    Wow, it doesn't take long for you to show deep your ignorant misogyny is.
    1. First, according to this ruling, and pretty much every hospital I've ever heard of, the mother decides who will be in the birthing room, end of discussion. This guy tried to get that changed and it didn't work. So yeah, if you don't have permission from the mother, you'd need a medical reason to be there.

    2. You are one very disgusting man to compress that story into the sentences typed.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #47
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    this has nothing to do with him being in the room . . . . . . .NOTHING . . . .

    there are no legal rights to SEE the birth
    The child is alive at the point of birth. This means that this situation can no longer find parallel in the abortion argument.

    Imagine that the child is 3 years old and the mother and father rush the child to the ER with an injury because the mother has glued herself, with crazy glue, to the child. The mother now demands that the father not be present in the ER as the physicians separate them. Why does the mother have greater rights than the child who is crying out for the father's presence?

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,191

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    This might be the first time I've said this with you, but I tend to agree. If he will be supporting her and the child, he should be involved in the child's life.
    Nobody denied the father access to the child. How is seeing a birth involving him in anything?

  9. #49
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    There are two people involved in the medical procedure of birth - the mother and the child. If the mother doesn't grant permission, the child can, and in this case, the father has legal rights, until a court strips him of those rights, to control the medical procedures directed at his child.
    Sex is not a medical procedure. Sorry. Father does not have legal rights. End of discussion, really. You can continue to spew falsehoods all you want, but they are clearly far from facts. Bless your heart.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Wow, it doesn't take long for you to show deep your ignorant misogyny is.
    1. First, according to this ruling, and pretty much every hospital I've ever heard of, the mother decides who will be in the birthing room, end of discussion. This guy tried to get that changed and it didn't work. So yeah, if you don't have permission from the mother, you'd need a medical reason to be there.
    What did I say exactly that is hating on women? lol. She doesn't own the room, and being in the room is not acting on her body. Both are facts. There is no reason that she would have a right to control the room and who is in it. Here is the thing, she is in a room owned by someone else with her pussy out for all to see. Anyone can come into that room and see it. The father saw the ****ing thing already, so really, wtf is your complaint about exactly? That he will see it again? It's kind of weird to **** a dude, decide to have his kid, and then complain he might see your pussy.

    2. You are one very disgusting man to compress that story into the sentences typed.
    Not following..

Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •