Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    They can be there. They just can't be in the delivery room without permission, and that is how it should be. The mother is the one undergoing a "procedure," and is going through a VERY difficult time and possibly the most painful and traumatic experience in her life. If you cared at ALL about her or the unborn child, you would cease and desist on being stubborn about "being there" when the ONLY reason for being there would be to SUPPORT the mother.
    Wrong. Being there to support her is NOT the only reason to be there. You are completely forgetting about the mans reasons for being there and just pretending as if she is the only one that matters.

  2. #472
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,357

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it's saying that removing peoples property by force and making them a servant of someone else against their will makes people react badly. You will never experience better results as long as the system is in place. You don't have to believe me, but in twenty years when it is EXACTLY like it is now if not worse, don't look at me like I didn't tell you so.
    Just like removing some ones freedom by force makes criminals flee from police? Society has the right to force people to do many things. Supporting their children is one of them. Of course if YOU would like to volunteer to support all the children whos' dads won't, no one would mind either.

  3. #473
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yep i have full custody of my kid and my brother split custody with his ex, split as in the son stayed with him and the daughter with the mother
    splitting the kids up? i tend to have a visceral reaction to that idea

  4. #474
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    So you argue that this is NOT the reason why and that it's just that everyone loves women more than men, and everyone wants to be unfair to men? Grow up.

    Don't ever let me hear you complain about a "victim" mentality about anyone else again.
    It's just a demonstration as to why women will never be equal. The evidence is infinite.

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Just like removing some ones freedom by force makes criminals flee from police? Society has the right to force people to do many things. Supporting their children is one of them. Of course if YOU would like to volunteer to support all the children whos' dads won't, no one would mind either.
    Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

    Notice the exception. Notice how it doesn't apply to the situation at hand.

    Do you really think you can win this?

  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    They can be there. They just can't be in the delivery room without permission, and that is how it should be. The mother is the one undergoing a "procedure," and is going through a VERY difficult time and possibly the most painful and traumatic experience in her life. If you cared at ALL about her or the unborn child, you would cease and desist on being stubborn about "being there" when the ONLY reason for being there would be to SUPPORT the mother.
    If the mother doesn't want the father there and he wants to be there, she should make her case to an objective, reasonable 3rd party. If there is a real problem, a reasonable, objective person will see that and make the correct call. The thing is this, you have a arrogant prima donnas walking around who take advantage of laws for nothing more than their self aggrandizement.

    Again, if women want to claim that they are absolutely independent, and absolutely in control of their bodies, then they should be absolutely responsible for their bodies and the results of pregnancy. Getting pregnant is not a license to take advantage of a man.

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Wrong. Being there to support her is NOT the only reason to be there. You are completely forgetting about the mans reasons for being there and just pretending as if she is the only one that matters.
    No, he is not the one having a procedure, she is the one exposed and vulnerable. If she doesn't want you there, then you stay away out of respect and concern for what is BEST for your child at delivery time at the very least.

  8. #478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    If the mother doesn't want the father there and he wants to be there, she should make her case to an objective, reasonable 3rd party. If there is a real problem, a reasonable, objective person will see that and make the correct call. The thing is this, you have a arrogant prima donnas walking around who take advantage of laws for nothing more than their self aggrandizement.

    Again, if women want to claim that they are absolutely independent, and absolutely in control of their bodies, then they should be absolutely responsible for their bodies and the results of pregnancy. Getting pregnant is not a license to take advantage of a man.
    There is nothing "arrogant" about not wanting the man in the delivery room with you. It's a very personal and traumatic time. Obviously, some of you men just don't understand, and that's NOT surprising.

    Not being in the delivery room is NOT the woman taking advantage of the man. If the man is allowed into the delivery room regardless of the woman's wishes, he is the arrogant and thoughtless one who is taking advantage of the situation.

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    It's just a demonstration as to why women will never be equal. The evidence is infinite.
    How so? You are just closing your eyes to what is happening and whining for no good reason.

  10. #480
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,357

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Hardly the point I was making. What happens when you raise taxes on the rich? It's not so much that they will hire less like conservatives like to say, because more than likely they will not, but that they will shift how they run their business, and more than likely give people raises less often. As a result wages increases will decrease if not lower.

    What happens when you tax energy? Energy is the mover of the economy, so things like taxes on gas causes production and GDP to go down.

    Why would it be different for any charges imposed on people? Logically it wouldn't be.
    When taxes on the top brackets were much higher, wages went up with productivity and profits. There is something about giving money to the Govt. that makes employers decide to give it to their employees instead. Wages are a tax deductible expense for employers.
    Your point is that if all taxes and child support were voluntary more would be collected. That is ridiculous, I know you would not pay a dime of taxes if you didn't have to to avoid jail. Most of us wouldn't either.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 03-14-14 at 06:58 PM.

Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •