Page 33 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    They are taking money from the father when they get child support. The money goes to the mother.

    You still have given no reason why the mother should be able to make a unilateral decision that the father cannot be there. You have made a declaration without giving a reason.
    I most certainly have. You just refuse to accept it.

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I most certainly have. You just refuse to accept it.
    What's the reason. I haven't heard it. Please refresh my memory.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Lol. You're funny Gathomas!

    In this particular scenario though, would you FORCE yourself upon the woman in this way? I would think that if the man REALLY cares about the health of his child, and the mother, he would honor her wishes. He certainly has his rights to see the baby in the nursery and to be in the room right after the birth to hold the baby, etc.
    Absolutely not.

    If we otherwise had a good relationship, I'd probably have my feelings hurt a bit, and I might even try to change her mind. However, the choice is ultimately up to the mother.

    That should be simple common sense.

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Absolutely not.

    If we otherwise had a good relationship, I'd probably have my feelings hurt a bit, and I might even try to change her mind. However, the choice is ultimately up to the mother.

    That should be simple common sense.
    I think in most instances when the mother and father have a good relationship, the woman would WANT the man there with her for support. I would just feel sorry for a woman who is forced to have people in the room with her that she really doesn't want around her during this difficult time. It's very, very stressful and very, very painful. Your private parts are exposed for ALL to see.

    Let's also not forget that some people might not have a very good bedside manner during times like these. Who knows if the husband/father might be the "panicky" type of person that would just add to the mother's stress?

  5. #325
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,163

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Proposed by the person I quoted, at the location navigated to by clicking on the blue arrow therein.
    You really believe that this little charade will mask the ignorant implication you made?

    It's relevant because the person chose to consider the ruling at hand in a wider context.
    Lets see:

    Wow, I think this is the key sentence for many aspects of paternal rights v maternal rights. One could easily expand that to "any interest any party has before the child's birth is subordinate to the mother's interests."
    was the post which you perverted to an abortion issue, by replying with:

    You don't seem to grasp that some people consider a fetus to be a person. How can you say to them that the "child's" right to life is subordinate to the mother's right to privacy? That just doesn't work with any intellectual honesty.
    Totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.


    Do you object to considering wider context regarding the ruling herein? If so, by what neglect of intellectual considerations do you arrive at this narrow-minded objection.
    No I do not object at all to the wider consideration, I object to the moronic implication of abortion into the ruling.

  6. #326
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,794

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    33 pages and again nothign has changed

    the womens rights were protected and the mans rights are completely intact

    has there even been ONE logical reason given to violate the womans rights?
    One reason why the guy should have the ability to force himself into her medical privacy and view her privates against her will?

    one?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #327
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What are the chances of that? Is there like a huge number of women dieing because the father was in the room that I'm unaware of?

    Gosh, how do they even deal with the stress of the doctor being in the room? Jesus, those women be dieing with all that stress. Oh right, that doesn't happen.
    Because now when the father is in the room, it is because the mother wants him there (or at least did when the labor began). The factor that would cause stress is her not wanting him there and her wishes being denied. Any time someone is in the hospital, if any visitor is causing a patient stress, they are asked to leave. Why would you think that having a man the woman doesn't want in her room while she is basically naked and vulnerable not cause her more, unneeded stress?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    33 pages and again nothign has changed

    the womens rights were protected and the mans rights are completely intact

    has there even been ONE logical reason given to violate the womans rights?
    One reason why the guy should have the ability to force himself into her medical privacy and view her privates against her will?

    one?
    None that I can think of. As far as I know, nobody has a "right" to be in the delivery room. It has always been up to mom who she wishes to accompany her during such a personal and difficult time.

  9. #329
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    No I do not object at all to the wider consideration, I object to the moronic implication of abortion into the ruling.
    The thread is about paternal vs. maternal rights regarding childbirth and a woman's right to privacy. And you don't see any connection.

    Can't help ya there.

  10. #330
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The thread is about paternal vs. maternal rights regarding childbirth and a woman's right to privacy. And you don't see any connection.

    Can't help ya there.
    Well, yes, sort of. One of the Supreme Court rulings the judge cited in ruling for her privacy was in fact Roe vs. Wade. Otherwise I think the introduction of abortion into a discussion where abortion doesn't take place (and hasn't even been considered) can only muddy and emotionally charge the discussion unnecessarily.

Page 33 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •