Page 32 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Sorry, but this is completely irrelevant as to whether or not the father should be present during the birth. He is paying child support for creating a child.
    Well I'm sorry to disappoint you madame, but if the mother wants to claim that it's her body, then she should be SOLELY responsible for the consequences of getting pregnant. Then the father would have NO right to be their if the mother did not want him present. But because the mother has the right to take money from the father for the support of the child, then the father has some right to be there.

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Don't attack me, I don't care.
    Attack you? Never!

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well I'm sorry to disappoint you madame, but if the mother wants to claim that it's her body, then she should be SOLELY responsible for the consequences of getting pregnant. Then the father would have NO right to be their if the mother did not want him present. But because the mother has the right to take money from the father for the support of the child, then the father has some right to be there.
    Nope, you are wrong and that is why we have laws, so that people cannot skirt their responsibilities. Being in the delivery room or not is irrelevant. There would be times when nobody would be allowed in the delivery room anyway.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Nope, you are wrong and that is why we have laws, so that people cannot skirt their responsibilities. Being in the delivery room or not is irrelevant. There would be times when nobody would be allowed in the delivery room anyway.
    That's right, we do have laws so that people cannot skirt their responsibility. However you are wrong if you feel that the father has absolutely no right to be there. The fact that we want him to be responsible means that he has some right to be there. Of course, we should take into consideration the mother's wishes, and that is why I said that if the two of them cannot come to an agreement, then she should convince an objective, reasonable 3rd party that the father should not be there. If she can't do that, then she should respect the father's right to be there.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That's right, we do have laws so that people cannot skirt their responsibility. However you are wrong if you feel that the father has absolutely no right to be there. The fact that we want him to be responsible means that he has some right to be there. Of course, we should take into consideration the mother's wishes, and that is why I said that if the two of them cannot come to an agreement, then she should convince an objective, reasonable 3rd party that the father should not be there. If she can't do that, then she should respect the father's right to be there.
    No, sorry but it doesn't mean that at all.

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why?
    Eh. Figured that (in all likelihood) I'd wind up dealing with it sooner or later.

    Doesn't make much sense to be phobic about it.

    I've never seen a water birth, but I've heard good things, such as it's much less traumatic for baby too.
    I'm sure they can be rough too, but from what I've seen, there does seem to be some truth to those claims.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Eh. Figured that (in all likelihood) I'd wind up dealing with it sooner or later.

    Doesn't make much sense to be phobic about it.



    I'm sure they can be rough too, but from what I've seen, there does seem to be some truth to those claims.
    Lol. You're funny Gathomas!

    In this particular scenario though, would you FORCE yourself upon the woman in this way? I would think that if the man REALLY cares about the health of his child, and the mother, he would honor her wishes. He certainly has his rights to see the baby in the nursery and to be in the room right after the birth to hold the baby, etc.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No, sorry but it doesn't mean that at all.
    I disagree. We don't give women the right to take money from fathers and then give them the unilateral ability to determine what the father can and cannot do. The fact is that the birth of a child is a very important time. Because it is a very important time, the mother should not be able to make the unilateral decision that the father cannot be there. If you don't agree, then tell me, why should she be able to make the unilateral decision that that father should not be there?

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I disagree. We don't give women the right to take money from fathers and then give them the unilateral ability to determine what the father can and cannot do. The fact is that the birth of a child is a very important time. Because it is a very important time, the mother should not be able to make the unilateral decision that the father cannot be there. If you don't agree, then tell me, why should she be able to make the unilateral decision that that father should not be there?
    The mothers are NOT taking money from the fathers. The fathers are contributing THEIR share of expenses for a child that they helped to create. Being in the delivery room is certainly not a "right" for ANYONE.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The mothers are NOT taking money from the fathers. The fathers are contributing THEIR share of expenses for a child that they helped to create. Being in the delivery room is certainly not a "right" for ANYONE.
    They are taking money from the father when they get child support. The money goes to the mother.

    You still have given no reason why the mother should be able to make a unilateral decision that the father cannot be there. You have made a declaration without giving a reason.

Page 32 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •