Page 18 of 104 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #171
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    The father is acting in the child's best interest while the mother is acting in her own best interest. Child's interest always trumps parent's interest.
    Nonsense and we've already been over this. There is no legal, or moral leg for the father to stand on in this situation. And no, to that last. In most cases, yes courts will find that a child's interest trumps a parent's interest, but not always. In this case, it's already been explained to death why the child's interests don't factor in here.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    It will have to be. If she is more stressed than necessary, it can negatively physiologically impact the mother and child. The doctor and L and D nurse in the room will tell you that. Child birth is stressful enough.

    I am assuming you do not think your right to be in the room and watch supersedes the health and wellbeing of mother and child.
    Do you realize your argument would mean that women can't take anything for pain as it can adversely affect the health and well being of the child?

  3. #173
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    God I wish they would make this a permanent law.
    I believe as MaggieD pointed out, according to HIPPA, it is your right to decide all manner of personal contact during a stay at the hospital. So it is law. This man was trying to change the law to include fathers' rights to birthing rooms.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No doubt about that. The **** people will say as if it isn't supposed to be seen as vile is pretty amazing sometimes.
    It was amazing. When she said it I was so shocked, I went into this state of suspension of disbelief. I actually couldn't believe she said it for a while.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You can start here:
    Medical privacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The you can look into HIPAA which is the most recent privacy law (it mainly centers on the sharing of health information but deals with privacy as well).

    Generally speaking to address your question, the room is for her, she's the patient. Him, not so much, in fact, not at all.
    Thanks, I know the law. It doesn't interest me at all and can't defend itself.

  6. #176
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,203

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Again, the argument that it's the woman's body would lead us to conclude that the woman should be SOLELY responsible for the effects of getting pregnant. Since we don't practice that because we require the father to share the financial responsibility for bringing up a child, the father has rights.
    Just not the right to demand entrance into the delivery room. It is not just a privacy issue, if the woman feels she would be more stressed by him being there, ADIOS. This is for the physiological well being of mother and child.

  7. #177
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    The father is acting in the child's best interest while the mother is acting in her own best interest. Child's interest always trumps parent's interest.
    not only doesnt this apply but in your opinion the sentence by itself is factually not true

    are you saying if the child has an interest to light itself on fire the child should be allowed to I men because the child's interest always trumps the parents

    oh what about if the child wants to stab you, guess you have to let them

    good grief your posts couldnt be more factually wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    It was amazing. When she said it I was so shocked, I went into this state of suspension of disbelief. I actually couldn't believe she said it for a while.
    I used to be extremely rude when people said some of the crap they will say openly, but these days, I just give them a look of disgust and go about my business.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Loucks View Post
    Even though the father will certainly be disappointed, I can side with the judge here.
    Seconded. "Sucks to be him," I suppose, but it's hard to argue with the logic of the ruling.

    Don't get me wrong. It'd be a bit of a "dick move" in a loving relationship.

    However, under the circumstances described in the OP, it's perfectly reasonable for the mother to demand privacy.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 03-13-14 at 10:15 PM.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    A woman who lies in a hospital bed, delivering her baby has the expectation of privacy IMHO. If you occupy a phone booth or public restroom stall you have the expectation of privacy so why should a woman in a delivery room not have that?

    This man was not invited to participate or be in the delivery room and has no right to encroach on her personal privacy during child birth.
    He is the father of the child. He isn't just some random dude coming in that has no connection to the woman or the baby. It's absurd to argue that he should be locked out.

Page 18 of 104 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •