Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #141
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    It seems a big disingenuous to me that historical marriage patterns are irrelevant to Homosexual "marriage" but are hugely pertinent to issues like fathers being present during birth.
    If you think I've ever done that then you haven't ever read my posts on the subject of homosexual marriage.

    Regardless, entirely different rights being argued. The SSM folks hang their arguments on the 14th these days. Whether we agree with them or not, those rights are enumerated. The "right" to be there at your child's birth as a father is entirely fictional. Historically and currently.

  2. #142
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,229

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Let me give this a try from a medical perspective.

    This is a woman that is now no longer with the father of the soon to be baby.

    The circumstances of a relationship ending are rarely easy. Now a woman who is undergoing massive physiological stress and pain, now has to be in the presence of an individual that is the source of a lot of emotional distress. Seriously....all the woman would need to say is, "him being in the room is very stressful" and I would hope any MD or L and D nurse would quickly escort him out.

    I certainly think she has the right to privacy, but hell, she has a bigger right to being in the safest possible environment for birth. If he REALLY cared about the baby, he would understand that a mother stroked out from high blood pressure is not in the baby's best interest - in the short or long term.

    And seriously, a women giving birth needs to concentrate. Stressing out over an unwelcome intruder certainly is not healthy or productive for the progress of labor and delivery.

  3. #143
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I disagree strongly with you. Raising a child does not start after the child is born.

    Babies Listen and Learn While in the Womb
    That's peachy, fathers still have no rights in this regard before birth. If you are an estranged father no court is going to grant you rights to go sing to your unborn.

  4. #144
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    But it matters to hers? Tell me again, what right of hers is being violated by him being in the room. If you mention privacy, just know that argument is invalid.
    No, it's not. There is a whole bunch of law regarding medical privacy.

  5. #145
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    You're just wanting to pick a fight. You're being difficult for no reason.

    If you were birthing my offspring from your anus I'd give you privacy to do so if that's what you wanted. I wouldn't get on my high horse and demand that you permit me watch you suffer and be at your most vulnerable.
    For the sake of this argument, let's put some imaginary numbers into the equation.

    The father claims that his connection and love for the child will increase by 100% by his being present at the child's birth. The emotional experience of witnessing the birth will be so great that this father will, as a result, be a better father to the child.

    It should be clear to everyone that a child is better served by having a more committed father than a less committed father. The father in this case actually took this issue to court in order to be able to witness his child's birth. Clearly this issues means a lot to the father.

    I can't see how a mother's selfish interest can, and should, override the interests of the child in having a more devoted, committed father in his life.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Which as interesting as that may be, has nothing to do with the birthing room and observing, not being able to touch or talk or interfere in anyway, which would be the best that unwanted could have hoped for.

    Unless somehow you're now trying to suggest that a man has a right to access to his pregnant partner throughout the pregnancy... good luck with one...
    What I'm saying is that the logic that comes from the argument that it's the woman's body, can also lead one to put forward the notion that the man SHOULD NOT be required to share in the financial burden of supporting a child. In other words, it's her body, she should bear the SOLE responsibility for it. If she get's pregnant, it's her body, it's her SOLE responsibility. She should bear the sole responsibility and not get pregnant in the first place.

    I probably should not say this, but I have a business. A couple of months ago this lady came in who wanted to buy something. She told me she would return after she got her DNA test done. It's totally disgusting that's the way some people think.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's peachy, fathers still have no rights in this regard before birth. If you are an estranged father no court is going to grant you rights to go sing to your unborn.
    And that's the point I have been making. Father's rights are trampled upon.

  8. #148
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)But it matters to hers?
    2.)Tell me again, what right of hers is being violated by him being in the room.
    3.) If you mention privacy, just know that argument is invalid.
    1.) nobody is discussing her feelings she is exercising her rights
    2.) she has her right to privacy
    3.) facts disagree with you and as usual your opinion and feelings dont matter
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #149
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    For the sake of this argument, let's put some imaginary numbers into the equation.

    The father claims that his connection and love for the child will increase by 100% by his being present at the child's birth. The emotional experience of witnessing the birth will be so great that this father will, as a result, be a better father to the child.

    It should be clear to everyone that a child is better served by having a more committed father than a less committed father. The father in this case actually took this issue to court in order to be able to witness his child's birth. Clearly this issues means a lot to the father.

    I can't see how a mother's selfish interest can, and should, override the interests of the child in having a more devoted, committed father in his life.
    Once again, they are not married and they are estranged. He is only going to have partial custody and visitation to begin with at best. His "commitment" isn't an issue. Hers is.

  10. #150
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again, they are not married and they are estranged. He is only going to have partial custody and visitation to begin with at best. His "commitment" isn't an issue. Hers is.
    None of what you wrote erases his degree of commitment. What you describe are external hindrances placed upon the father and child and their bond by circumstance, the mother, and the court.

Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •