Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1032

Thread: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room[W:829]

  1. #1001
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    In other news, the child has now entered college as political hacks continue to argue.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #1002
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    What does not having to be able to be in the delivery room has to do with his parenting role? She has as of yet not claimed he could not be a parent for that child. And as a parent of that child (something that does not only happen if he was able to see the birth take place) he has to pay for his child. He wants the child to be his so he is going to have to pay.
    Really, that kind of all or none thinking is amazing when it comes to parenting.

  3. #1003
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOLOLOL

    He is completely irrelevant to the situation, totally unneeded, and according to the mother & medical statistics, could actually be detrimental.

    He's not in the least important to the delivery...it will take place even if he is dead.

    Unless SHE see's it that way, he has ZERO value in the delivery room. And she has made it clear she does not.

    If he wishes to be more than a sperm donor, he has 18 years to prove it...countdown starts post vag-exit.
    Apparently all we have to do is knock you out with a rock and you're irrelevant too. Zonk you out, cut you up, take the baby, stitch you up, and kick you out.

  4. #1004
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    What does not having to be able to be in the delivery room has to do with his parenting role?
    simple answer it doesnt but some are trying, and failing, to convince others it does.

    He'll be a parent either way
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1005
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    If that's the case, don't seek any support for the child...
    The woman in the story specifically put his name on the approved visitors list so that he can hold and bond with his child. Being there for the delivery means nothing. Explain to me how you could abandon your child just because you didn't observe his/her birth? What a selfish ass thing to say.

  6. #1006
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    LOLOLOL

    He is completely irrelevant to the situation, totally unneeded, and according to the mother & medical statistics, could actually be detrimental.

    He's not in the least important to the delivery...it will take place even if he is dead.

    Unless SHE see's it that way, he has ZERO value in the delivery room. And she has made it clear she does not.

    If he wishes to be more than a sperm donor, he has 18 years to prove it...countdown starts post vag-exit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Apparently all we have to do is knock you out with a rock and you're irrelevant too. Zonk you out, cut you up, take the baby, stitch you up, and kick you out.
    As long as the woman agrees to it.

    Seems like ya made my point for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #1007
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    I disagree about the morality issue - hell yes morality has a consideration - how moral is it to further stress out a woman in labor who already is physically and emotionally stressed.

    For whatever her reasons are - he is upsetting to her. They broke up. Why is it so odd that after breaking up she would not want him seeing her at her most physically and emotionally vulnerable?

    There are many issues of "unfairness" towards the father in law ---this will never ever be one of them.

    But it is very easily solved from a legal standpoint. It is blatantly obvious he has not legal right to be here.
    All rights that never previously existed, were first established when someone spoke to the need to have them. The main burden on the bringer of these new rights is to show that by not having them a material harm would be caused to the one without the right. In this case, we have a right hat already exists, the right to privacy, and we have a man that had no right to invade her privacy, so he did what was the only thing he could do. He went to court to establish that right. The court needs to weigh the degree of material harm that would fall on the man seeking this new right against the already established right to this woman's privacy. In the Judges opinion, she erred on the side of the Mother, HOWEVER, she did not nor did the Mother from what I can tell, made a showing of how if this man was allowed to be there that she would suffer material harm in so doing.

    That's all I've been saying, and a showing of harm, real, tangible harm, is the foundation for all Western Laws. Laws are established to prevent harm from coming to those who would otherwise not be protected with a remedy if the law did not exist.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #1008
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    All rights that never previously existed, were first established when someone spoke to the need to have them. The main burden on the bringer of these new rights is to show that by not having them a material harm would be caused to the one without the right. In this case, we have a right hat already exists, the right to privacy, and we have a man that had no right to invade her privacy, so he did what was the only thing he could do. He went to court to establish that right. The court needs to weigh the degree of material harm that would fall on the man seeking this new right against the already established right to this woman's privacy. In the Judges opinion, she erred on the side of the Mother, HOWEVER, she did not nor did the Mother from what I can tell, made a showing of how if this man was allowed to be there that she would suffer material harm in so doing.

    That's all I've been saying, and a showing of harm, real, tangible harm, is the foundation for all Western Laws. Laws are established to prevent harm from coming to those who would otherwise not be protected with a remedy if the law did not exist.


    Tim-
    It is the human body. No certainties exist. Since we are talking about the health and welfare of the patient and the soon to be child, you MUST err bigtime on the side of caution. Childbirth is already emotionally and physically stressful enough. More stress will raise her blood pressure and cause her to possibly lose focus.

    But regardless of the health risks, the privacy issue was a no brainer. If being in the delivery room was his issue for engaging a lawyer (the lawyer later said no ), the lawyer stole his money. It was a slam dunk privacy issue. Ask any nurse or doctor and they will read you chapter and verse on that. We are talking huge fines and probable reporting to the licensing boards.

  9. #1009
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The woman in the story specifically put his name on the approved visitors list so that he can hold and bond with his child. Being there for the delivery means nothing. Explain to me how you could abandon your child just because you didn't observe his/her birth? What a selfish ass thing to say.
    Absolutely.

    What was missing was pouty lips, crossed arms, and stomping feet. "If I can't watch the birth, then I will not support the child" (storm off)

  10. #1010
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: New Jersey Judge Blocks Dad From Delivery Room

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Absolutely.

    What was missing was pouty lips, crossed arms, and stomping feet. "If I can't watch the birth, then I will not support the child" (storm off)
    Funny, that was EXACTLY how I pictured it too!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •