Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96

Thread: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours[W:92]

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    Are you guys clear on what Ada is used for in aviation at this point? Or, do you need more clarification?

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    So, I guess you were wrong about Ada and its relationship to the Boeing 777. I'd say you were about 99.9% dead wrong. That's why you ran away like a bullet train, after finding out how the triple-seven was actually designed. Not to worry - I won't hold your poker chip against you.

    Got any other feet you wish to insert in mouth at this time about how the Boeing 777 was actually designed? Or, shall we move on to how ACARS Avionics systems work and why that is the possible gateway to understanding not just Flight 370, but quite possibly Flight's 175 and 11?

    Flight's 77 and 93 never happened, as far as I am concerned. They never flew the courses stated by the official story tellers. Those aircraft are just as lost as Flight 307. And, when we find out what happened to 307, we will probably find out what happened to 77 and 93. I am not one to believe that 175 and 11, were not real. I believe that were real and I believe that they were Remote CFIT.

    It is long overdue for people to wake up on this issue.

  3. #43
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by PW4000 View Post
    You seem to think that nonsequitur replies equates to actually debating on the merits. Nowhere in your post did you claim that Ada is not the language used to build the vast majority of the Boeing 777 programmable LRUs. I told you people that. You did not tell me that.

    The Boeing 777 Flies on 99.9% Ada.

    Now, I will take your apology anytime you desire to give it. You happen to be dialoguing with probably the only member of this board with actual flight experience in commercial aircraft like those being discussed here this evening. I do not post with declarative specificity on subjects I have no hands-on experience with. When I told you that Ada is the programming language used in the avionics of commercial aircraft like the Boeing 777, I meant exactly what I said.

    Now, what exactly are you exposing? The fact that I actually know what I'm writing about, or the fact that you had no idea who you were dialoguing with?
    I can't tell, are you trying to be funny, or is it accidental? I agreed with the fact that ADA is the programming language.

    You said
    Your assumption that such re-coding never takes place or is too difficult to accomplish is just hogwash - this is what they are designed to do, for crying out loud. We are talking about custom coding and modifications - that's it.
    This is where you got in over your head. This is what I was addressing.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    I can't tell, are you trying to be funny, or is it accidental? I agreed with the fact that ADA is the programming language.

    You said

    This is where you got in over your head. This is what I was addressing.

    Can you explain to anyone in this thread exactly what you mean when you say I got in "over my head." I am the one who told you that Ada was used in aviation. You did not tell me that. You were not informing me, I was informing you and those in this thread who may not have known. You then tell me that I'm exposing myself because I informed you that Ada was used in such environments. What is it about facts that you don't like?

    You cannot refute the link because my statement that Ada was used in the avionics of the Boeing 777 turned out to be true upon your reading the link. So, when you found out that your Poker Card had been played and that I do not play Poker, you come back with yet another nonsequitur claiming that my informing you that Ada is all over the Boeing 777, somehow puts me in over my head.

    Nonsense. If you can't admit that your card got pulled, then you will never be able to admit that remote control of a Boeing 777 is possible through the SATCOM ACARS Avionics system, no matter how much evidence I put before you.

    Ada is the Boeing 777 and the Boeing 777 is Ada. Anyone knowing anything about commercial aviation already knew that. The fact that you attempted to catch me on something that is so obvious, is proof positive that you too are feigning expertise.

    Why not just learn something here, instead of fighting an education? I'm telling you, as someone having flown aircraft just like these, that it is absolutely possible to gain command of the flight control system via a remote link and that doing so is not science fiction. I'm not saying that is precisely what happened, but I am saying that the Media has not informed you about the distinct possibility that it could have happened. They would rather you not know - because it immediately draws the question: Well, if that can be done with flight 370, what about flight's 11 and 175? Since the media knows that it dropped the ball on those questions a very long time ago, it cannot afford to have people asking such questions, as it would call into question their own professional credibility.

    This is WHY they have been all over the map with glorified excuses for what is happening with flight 370 right now. No one in the media is saying anything about the ability to control the damn thing remotely.

  5. #45
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by PW4000 View Post
    Can you explain to anyone in this thread exactly what you mean when you say I got in "over my head." I am the one who told you that Ada was used in aviation. You did not tell me that. You were not informing me, I was informing you and those in this thread who may not have known. You then tell me that I'm exposing myself because I informed you that Ada was used in such environments. What is it about facts that you don't like?

    You cannot refute the link because my statement that Ada was used in the avionics of the Boeing 777 turned out to be true upon your reading the link. So, when you found out that your Poker Card had been played and that I do not play Poker, you come back with yet another nonsequitur claiming that my informing you that Ada is all over the Boeing 777, somehow puts me in over my head.

    Nonsense. If you can't admit that your card got pulled, then you will never be able to admit that remote control of a Boeing 777 is possible through the SATCOM ACARS Avionics system, no matter how much evidence I put before you.

    Ada is the Boeing 777 and the Boeing 777 is Ada. Anyone knowing anything about commercial aviation already knew that. The fact that you attempted to catch me on something that is so obvious, is proof positive that you too are feigning expertise.

    Why not just learn something here, instead of fighting an education? I'm telling you, as someone having flown aircraft just like these, that it is absolutely possible to gain command of the flight control system via a remote link and that doing so is not science fiction. I'm not saying that is precisely what happened, but I am saying that the Media has not informed you about the distinct possibility that it could have happened. They would rather you not know - because it immediately draws the question: Well, if that can be done with flight 370, what about flight's 11 and 175? Since the media knows that it dropped the ball on those questions a very long time ago, it cannot afford to have people asking such questions, as it would call into question their own professional credibility.

    This is WHY they have been all over the map with glorified excuses for what is happening with flight 370 right now. No one in the media is saying anything about the ability to control the damn thing remotely.
    Wow, that was long.

    I admit my mistake. For some reason I thought you said
    Your assumption that such re-coding never takes place or is too difficult to accomplish is just hogwash - this is what they are designed to do, for crying out loud. We are talking about custom coding and modifications - that's it.
    I guess I was mistaken.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  6. #46
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    It appears that PW4000 now realises what a dolt he was. By referencing ADA as being relevent to anything is inane at best.
    Had programming languages advance just a little faster he would have been blaming C++ or JAVA.

    What is worse is the fact that he taalks about custom coding or modifications as if they were the simplest of all coding requirements. The reality is that they are the hardest and most complex.

    This thread can be filed under F for Fail
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  7. #47
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by PW4000 View Post
    Can you explain to anyone in this thread exactly what you mean when you say I got in "over my head." I am the one who told you that Ada was used in aviation. You did not tell me that. You were not informing me, I was informing you and those in this thread who may not have known. You then tell me that I'm exposing myself because I informed you that Ada was used in such environments. What is it about facts that you don't like?

    You cannot refute the link because my statement that Ada was used in the avionics of the Boeing 777 turned out to be true upon your reading the link. So, when you found out that your Poker Card had been played and that I do not play Poker, you come back with yet another nonsequitur claiming that my informing you that Ada is all over the Boeing 777, somehow puts me in over my head.

    Nonsense. If you can't admit that your card got pulled, then you will never be able to admit that remote control of a Boeing 777 is possible through the SATCOM ACARS Avionics system, no matter how much evidence I put before you.

    Ada is the Boeing 777 and the Boeing 777 is Ada. Anyone knowing anything about commercial aviation already knew that. The fact that you attempted to catch me on something that is so obvious, is proof positive that you too are feigning expertise.

    Why not just learn something here, instead of fighting an education? I'm telling you, as someone having flown aircraft just like these, that it is absolutely possible to gain command of the flight control system via a remote link and that doing so is not science fiction. I'm not saying that is precisely what happened, but I am saying that the Media has not informed you about the distinct possibility that it could have happened. They would rather you not know - because it immediately draws the question: Well, if that can be done with flight 370, what about flight's 11 and 175? Since the media knows that it dropped the ball on those questions a very long time ago, it cannot afford to have people asking such questions, as it would call into question their own professional credibility.

    This is WHY they have been all over the map with glorified excuses for what is happening with flight 370 right now. No one in the media is saying anything about the ability to control the damn thing remotely.
    Minor point.

    IMO the media lost all it's "professional credibility" a long time ago.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #48
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    Five pages of speculation and sniping at other members, and nothing. The media doesn't know, the government doesn't know (or isn't talking if they do), no one knows what happened to that airplane.

    I'm sticking with the fifth dimension theory. It's as good as anything else that has been posted.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by PW4000 View Post
    One more time. The code you are sheepishly referring to is called Ada. Ada is used primarily in avionics programming, especially where real-time fault tolerant and redundant embedded systems run and where high availability and failover is required. Airlines have their LRUs recoded all the time. Your assumption that such re-coding never takes place or is too difficult to accomplish is just hogwash - this is what they are designed to do, for crying out loud. We are talking about custom coding and modifications - that's it.
    Um, dude. You just proved my point: someone needs physical access to do that, and the engineering skill to design completely new functions into the aircraft. You need a software programmer very, very familiar with those systems. You need a lot of time and a lot of testing. Yes, Boeing and NASA can do that. You are completely handwaving the enormous complexity of that task. Al Qaeda can't do that. Then you need to have a maintenance crew install this ridiculous poison gas cylinder of yours.


    Lastly, this notion that aircraft cannot be remotely controlled is likewise, hogwash:
    I never said it was impossible to remotely control an aircraft. I said it was impossible to remotely control an aircraft without first modifying those key systems. If you actually start reading my posts, you might understand them better.


    And for some ungodly reason you think that's more likely than the pilot just going nuts and trying to defect to Iran, or a hijacking. Or any number of other things.

    Stop acting like a child. You're responding to posts that weren't directed at you and weren't responding to your absurd theory, and getting upset that in those posts I'm not talking about your theory. What the hell is wrong with you? Must you be the center of attention for every single post made on this topic?
    Last edited by Deuce; 03-15-14 at 11:33 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Five pages of speculation and sniping at other members, and nothing. The media doesn't know, the government doesn't know (or isn't talking if they do), no one knows what happened to that airplane.

    I'm sticking with the fifth dimension theory. It's as good as anything else that has been posted.
    This event will make a great made for tv movie in 2020.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •