Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 117

Thread: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So yes essentially you agree with censorship. Censoring materials because of fear is pathetic. “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety” - Ben Franklin
    Not to distinguish between freedom of the press-radio-television from massive enemy propaganda, it really pathetic.

  2. #62
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    Not to distinguish between freedom of the press-radio-television from massive enemy propaganda, it really pathetic.
    Propaganda is considered press.


  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Propaganda is considered press.
    No. Propaganda is a weapon.

  4. #64
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    No. Propaganda is a weapon.
    When's the last time you saw some?

  5. #65
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    No. Propaganda is a weapon.
    As the press can be as well. So therefore you are essentially advocating the violation of the 1st amendment.


  6. #66
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Pro-Kiev protectors broke into the Crimean Parliament? Have you seen the videos of it actually happening? All the videos? Not just the clips shown on RT and other Russian propaganda outlets?

    The guys that used explosives to blow down the door and rush into the Parliament were in Russian uniforms armed with Russian high caliber weapons and also crew served weapons. The protestors don't have crew served weapons or have modern Russian uniforms.
    I am talking about what happened earlier the same day. This is the problem right here. Obviously, you have no clue what I am talking about because the Western media are sure as hell not gonna give you this kind of info readily or frequently. Russian forces went to secure the Crimean parliament first for a reason. It was to prevent a repeat of that day's events and, presumably, prevent the removal of the regional government by pro-Kiev forces akin to what had happened throughout the rest of Ukraine.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  7. #67
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You socialist freaks always know what other people "need to" do, dont you?
    They're hoping that this is a resurgence of international Communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #68
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Well, who rented/leased the 200 Academi troops then. They don't even require uniforms, even unmarked ones. Can oligarchs afford mercenaries and how many? Can mercenaries enforce a DEMOCRACY. Are they the foundation of LIBERTY. These buzzwords are driving me bonkers. Not enough network programming, I suppose. Of course, you wouldn't be deluded by any propaganda, would ya'. No, nary a chance. Well, perhaps. Maybe sometimes, or all the time. Sorta a comfort zone for the military mentality. Like nursery rhymes for the chilluns', eh?

    Margaret Kimberley - Propaganda
    "Propaganda

    By Margaret Kimberley

    March 12, 2014 "Information Clearing House - "BAR"- German chancellor Angela Merkel said that Russian president Vladimir Putin was not “in touch with reality” and was “in another world.” At least that is how the New York Times quotes an unnamed source. Those words have been repeated by reporters, bloggers, pundits and late night talk show hosts numerous times over the past week. Unfortunately there are a few problems with this often repeated quote. There is no proof that Merkel said such a thing at all, and if she did that she meant he was unstable, as many Americans happily and ignorantly assert. Logic and real reporting show that such a statement was highly unlikely. No matter. It has endlessly been reported as fact. Welcome to American style propaganda.
    It is impossible for most Americans to think that their country and their government are not beloved around the world. That attitude is due to the relentless propaganda we are subject to our entire lives. We are told our nation is the best, richest, most just, and most deserving. After years of brain washing we are subject to a cynical collaboration between politicians and big business, the same big businesses who run our media outlets and determine what we’ll see and what we should think about what they choose to reveal.

    This perversity has many negative consequences. Among them is the public acceptance and approval of nearly every crime committed by our government. If an American president decides that the elected head of state in other country must go, then go he must. The president of Haiti was literally kidnapped by the United States and taken out of his country, with hardly any outcry from Americans. If the Venezuelan people vote for a leftist government and make the same choice in election after election, we are told to ignore the will of that population and join our government in opposing another people’s choice.

    “The Obama administration is determined to make good on neo-con fantasies of United States world domination.”

    The current target of government and media propaganda is Russian president Vladimir Putin. When George W. Bush was president he bestowed the silly moniker Putey Pute and the press followed right along in declaring Putin an A OK kind of guy. He was a friend of our president who knew how to do a deal when called upon and who wouldn’t rock America’s boat.

    Fast forward another ten years or so. When the United States and NATO nations set their sights on making Ukraine a puppet fiefdom, the president of the superpower next door said not so fast. Suddenly he was no longer Putey Pute, but an enemy to be hated, feared or derided as a figure of fun. The Obama administration is determined to make good on neo-con fantasies of United States world domination, and anyone who stands in the way is the next target of propaganda from within the government and without.

    Photos taken on one day five years ago showing a shirtless Putin are shown again and again. One gets the impression that he rarely wears any clothing. The same media who considered Putin good copy because he hunts, fishes, pilots planes, swims with dolphins and drives formula one race cars now use the same information to convince Americans that he is either a brute or a fool who can and should be bent to their country’s will.

    The anti-Putin hysteria and joke telling began in earnest when he put a stop to Obama’s plan to attack Syria, Russia’s ally. Even the recent Winter Olympics became a victim of the United States propaganda machine. In truth, every Olympics is an opportunity for corruption, theft, and displacement of thousands of people. The Sochi games were no worse in those regards but tales of mismanagement and possible terror attacks were magnified because Uncle Sam’s enemy du jour was on worldwide display. When the United States and NATO attempt to make Ukraine a puppet fiefdom met resistance, no stone was unturned in the anti-Putin propaganda fest.

    “The anti-Putin hysteria and joke telling began in earnest when he put a stop to Obama’s plan to attack Syria, Russia’s ally.”

    Like good little scribes the media follow the White House line that German chancellor Angela Merkel would assist in bolstering the United States position vis a vis Putin. The networks and newspapers were so eager to curry favor that they omitted any mention of reports that the NSA tapped Merkel’s personal cell phone for a period of ten years. Of course bringing up that story would force coverage of whistle blower Edward Snowden’s revelations. That is a sore subject for the White House and has of course been relegated away from the front pages now that public compliance is so urgently needed.

    The media also omitted the fact that Putin speaks German. The two leaders literally speak the same language and both are targets of United States efforts to control the world and turn everyone into a subject of domination or an enemy. It may be Obama administration wishful thinking that Merkel will carry America’s water but there is no reason for anyone else to believe such nonsense.

    The New York Times happily picked up the bone left by the Obama White House but didn’t bother telling readers that Merkel’s staff disputed the account. The German newspaper Die Welt reported that "The chancellery was not pleased with the reporting on the conversation. They claim that what the chancellor said was that Putin has a different perception on Crimea, which is why she is pushing for a fact finding mission on the matter."

    We will never know her exact words but we do know the most important fact of all. The United States government creates and disseminates propaganda to assist in having its way with the world. They have ready and willing compatriots in the corporate media and an apathetic or uniformed public. That mixture is a recipe for lying to be undisputed and for wrongs to go on without protest. Propaganda is not a word meant just for other countries but for ours too. There is official propaganda right here in America and pretending it doesn’t exist only strengthens a system which will put itself and the rest of the world on a course of ultimate destruction.

    Margaret Kimberley's Freedom Rider column appears weekly in BAR, and is widely reprinted elsewhere. She maintains a frequently updated blog as well as at Freedom Rider. Ms. Kimberley lives in New York City, and can be reached via e-Mail at Margaret.Kimberley(at)BlackAgendaReport.com."
    In the spirit of debate, I'll ignore the personal attack on me and the uneducated attack on all military veterans since most veterans are the first to stand up against using force when at all possible.

    I will however ask for any actual proof that what you claim is true and correct. Or maybe you would be better served posting your thesis in the Conspiracy Theory sub-forum?

  9. #69
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    I am talking about what happened earlier the same day. This is the problem right here. Obviously, you have no clue what I am talking about because the Western media are sure as hell not gonna give you this kind of info readily or frequently. Russian forces went to secure the Crimean parliament first for a reason. It was to prevent a repeat of that day's events and, presumably, prevent the removal of the regional government by pro-Kiev forces akin to what had happened throughout the rest of Ukraine.
    Where have I said I only watch western media?

    I'm the one that posted links to Espreso TV (Ukraine TV) as well as other outlets in a thread on this very forum. I've been watching news outlets from around the world. Even Russia (RT is just one of the Russian news outlets I watch). I speak enough Russian to understand what they say, so I don't need subtitles, which those on RT are sometimes not even close to what people are actually saying. Espreso is in Russian. I also have been watching Turkish news and they have been showing a hell of a lot, live as it happens.

    Maybe you could tell me which news outlets you get your news from? Since you seem to know so much about me and my TV habits?

    Get a real argument together or go peddle your propaganda somewhere else.

    The Russians stormed the Crimean Parliament after a protest (which was just a few people that didn't enter or even try to enter the building) was crushed by Russian and pro-Russian forces. The Russians stormed the Crimean Parliament and imposed their guy as the new leader of the Parliament... the same guy that his entire party only got 3% of the vote in the last election.

    I do have one question that I don't think you can answer honestly... Where in the hell does Russia get the right to invade another sovereign nation with which they have a signed treaty with that prohibits that very action????

    Can you answer that???

  10. #70
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Russia Slams Violation of Media Freedoms in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    As for the last sentence/question, I will answer with a question. Where should we draw the line? At our borders? If so, it would be too late then.
    It would be too late if done in EU borders also!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •