Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 230

Thread: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

  1. #61
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    No! The State Department is about 50% CIA to provide cover jobs. The $5 billion did not purchase one tangible asset for the USA or it woud be all over the News. You do not believe in liberty, freedom, democracy or justice but believe in what is effective. $5 billion is pretty effective in a poor Nation like Ukraine. If a regime change would be in USA "National Interest," then by your own standards, regime change is what's going to be because it's effective. Now USA big Banking can force Ukraine to put the National asset, pipeline, up as collaterol for a loan, trigger policies that encourage default and "Voila," unbelievable coincidence, pipeline privatized to Western Bankers and Energy players, better known as CORPORATE AMERIKA. Effective!
    Right, you just assumed all that. And then basing the entire rest of your argument upon it.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #62
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Right, you just assumed all that. And then basing the entire rest of your argument upon it.
    No! $5 billion buys lots of crap and you can't produce links to defend the money you admit spending. You clearly can't make your case for legitimate usage of $5 billion and you're inside the gov't. Damn shame. I expected more of you. Effective, remember? Your view of gov't. Cause and effect. $5 billion buys something. Show me what it bought. I have no trouble showing you insurrection and regime change for "effectiveness."

  3. #63
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    No! $5 billion buys lots of crap and you can't produce links to defend the money you admit spending. You clearly can't make your case for legitimate usage of $5 billion and you're inside the gov't. Damn shame. I expected more of you. Effective, remember? Your view of gov't. Cause and effect. $5 billion buys something. Show me what it bought. I have no trouble showing you insurrection and regime change for "effectiveness."
    That's an assumption, Dave. Do you know what an assumption is? It's when you don't know something but operate as if you do.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #64
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    That's an assumption, Dave. Do you know what an assumption is? It's when you don't know something but operate as if you do.
    Airballs. You say it is an assumption that $5 billion buys something. You got zip, zero, nada!

  5. #65
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    As the Russian minister pointed out at the UN yesterday. The present Ukrainian government is illegitimate, having taken its position by force through violence, toppling the elected government and driving the president out, firing upon his caravan as he fled. That's not democracy.
    How is that different than what Russia did in Crimea when they forced their way into the Parliament at gun point and put their guy and his party (who only got 3% to 4% of the Crimean vote in the last real election) in charge of the Crimean Parliament?

  6. #66
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Airballs. You say it is an assumption that $5 billion buys something. You got zip, zero, nada!
    ...That's you, Dave. You just assumed $5 billion bought a coup. You don't have any evidence at all.



    Zip, zero, nada. You just want it to be true, so you went ahead and made that assumption.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #67
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If most of Russia's gas flows through pipes in Ukraine...how is that not a Russian issue?
    A lot of the US' oil runs through pipelines that traverse Canada. Should we invade Canada is we don't like the way their government is run or if they have civil unrest?

  8. #68
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    How is that different than what Russia did in Crimea when they forced their way into the Parliament at gun point and put their guy and his party (who only got 3% to 4% of the Crimean vote in the last real election) in charge of the Crimean Parliament?
    I see your alleged point, so explain why the Crimeans seem real pleased by their regime continuity under Russian auspices. No 100 dead protestors and policemen, no firebombs, no Victoria Nuland passing out rolls to alleged protestors.. No phone calls stating who will be in charge. Straight up and to the point loyalty to Russia, or not, as this election will demonstrate. Hot dam, but it sounds like democracy. Ukraine sounds like usurpers.

  9. #69
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    ...That's you, Dave. You just assumed $5 billion bought a coup. You don't have any evidence at all.



    Zip, zero, nada. You just want it to be true, so you went ahead and made that assumption.
    As a Defense Dept. employee, you must subscribe to Group Think. You're doin' dandy. No thinking required.

  10. #70
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    As a Defense Dept. employee, you must subscribe to Group Think. You're doin' dandy. No thinking required.
    Is that yet another assumption? You're on a roll!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •