Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 230

Thread: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

  1. #141
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    CIA drone brigade in Ukraine. My bold and underline.


    US Drone "Intercepted" Over Crimea By Russian 'Self-Defense' Forces | Zero Hedge

    "An American scout-attack drone was intercepted in the Crimean sky, the Rostec state corporation reports. "Judging by side marking, the MQ-5B drone was part of the 66th US brigade of military intelligence with the main location in Bavaria," the report on the website of the corporation reads.



    According to the report, at the beginning of March, the American brigade was relocated to the Ukrainian Kirovohrad, from where drones commit reconnaissance raids in the direction of Crimea and Russian border areas.
    "
    And yet even if it's true, it still wouldn't prove that the US created a coup. It would prove that the current Ukrainian government, however, invited US support. Great investigative work, Dave! It's too bad it has nothing to do with what you were trying to say.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #142
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    And yet even if it's true, it still wouldn't prove that the US created a coup. It would prove that the current Ukrainian government, however, invited US support. Great investigative work, Dave! It's too bad it has nothing to do with what you were trying to say.
    Nuland proved that the USA provoked a coup. This CIA operated, and the CIA operates the drones, has aircraft and support within the borders of Ukraine. That's invasion, like you stated about Crimea. There is no legitimate Gov't operating in Ukriane. The drones must follow boots on the ground to have an operating base, ergo were already in Ukraine. Of course, you know that, but are required to spout the Gov't line. You have my sympathy. Must be hard for anyone with half a brain.

  3. #143
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Nuland proved that the USA provoked a coup. This CIA operated, and the CIA operates the drones, has aircraft and support within the borders of Ukraine. That's invasion, like you stated about Crimea. There is no legitimate Gov't operating in Ukriane. The drones must follow boots on the ground to have an operating base, ergo were already in Ukraine. Of course, you know that, but are required to spout the Gov't line. You have my sympathy. Must be hard for anyone with half a brain.
    Okay, thank for the report from infowars.com. In the real world, though, to say something has been proven requires...ya know, proof.

    All you do is assume, Dave. It's not a big deal, because you're not in a position of power, but it would be catastrophic if you were.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Remember the famous call?

    Ukraine says not investigating bugging of U.S. diplomats phone talk | Reuters

    Ukraine's state security service on Saturday said it was not investigating the bugging of a phone call between U.S. diplomats in which they weighed up which opposition leaders they should back for government in a reformed Ukraine.

    U.S. diplomats tried to limit the damage on Friday after audio of the phone conversation was posted on the Internet. In it, Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland was heard using an expletive in reference to the European Union.

    German Chancellor Angela Merkel, already furious with Washington over reports that U.S. officials bugged her own phone, found Nuland's remarks "totally unacceptable", her spokeswoman said.
    Here's a picture of Victoria Nuland with Arseny Yatsenyuk, a.k.a. Yats, taken on February 6 BEFORE THE COUP.



    Nuland has been Washington's point person on Ukraine since a crisis broke in the former Soviet republic last November, bringing thousands of protesters out onto the streets of Kiev.
    Here is Victoria Nuland passing out cookies to the protesters



    Here's the article from back in December

    Russia cries foul over Western embrace of Ukraine's demonstrators - CSMonitor.com

    Though Moscow has done plenty of economic arm-twisting in its geopolitical tug-of-war with the European Union over Ukraine's allegiance, Russian leaders have on the whole kept unusually quiet as pro-Europe demonstrators blocked the central streets of Kiev over the past two weeks, barricading government buildings and setting up a tent city on Independence Square.

    Moscow's wait-and-see approach is a big departure from the Orange Revolution of 2004, when Vladimir Putin reacted to a similar outpouring of pro-Western sentiment by personally and repeatedly voicing support for the eastward-leaning countercurrent.

    In contrast, US and European officials have shuttled through Kiev to scold the democratically elected government of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and often to schmooze with the protesters on Independence Square. On Wednesday, US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland handed out cookies and bread to cheering protesters.

    Ms. Nuland told reporters that she'd had a "tough but realistic" conversation with Mr. Yanukovych and believed it was possible to save Ukraine's "European future" if the Ukrainian president showed "leadership."
    I wonder what the foul mouth diplomat said in that conversation. Maybe:

    "Get out or we will kick your a$$ out!"

    A little more from the article

    State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki suggested the US might even impose sanctions on Ukraine, while the US government-funded think tank Freedom House called upon Yanukovych to resign and set early elections as "the only non-violent way to end the standoff with demonstrators."

    And German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle toured the Independence Square protest camp with two opposition leaders and declared that "Ukraine should be on board with Europe."

    All this prompted Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov to slam what he described as Western officials' out-of-line behavior Friday.

    "Some of the comments that have been made by American officials over the last few days are shocking," Mr. Ryabkov said. "They are not even recommendations but bigoted demands that are put before the Ukrainian leadership, demands whose sharp wording reflects both a political course that we understand quite well and a certain play of emotions."
    One can only imagine Nuland saying:

    "You either do as I tell you, or I'm gonna put my foot in your a$$!"

  5. #145
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Or maybe the Right Sector live in western pro-Ukraine and traveled to eastern pro-Russian Ukraine to cause trouble.

    Since you live in Florida then you must have heard of the Brooks Brother Riot.
    I don't live in Florida, I just used that as an example.

    I'm sure that advocates of both sides traveled to that area and other areas; and that there are advocates of both sides that actually live in that area.

    Trouble makers come in all shapes and forms. Just because a person is on the right side of argument doesn't mean that they will use peaceful means to advocate for their position.

  6. #146
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post
    I usually don't.



    a. Unique view, yeah sure.
    b. I think you need to re-read this sentence in the post you were responding to:
    I do not agree with that as their coverage is far from being unbiased, and moreover it suffers from a very poor analysis (if they analyse it at all) of the situation on the ground, as I explained in my previous post.
    Not only that these videos don't present "raw" data but cut outs that fit a certain narrative, they also don't even try to properly analyse the data they do have/present creating a distorted image of what is happening on the ground, which helps one to "make up his own mind".



    Imo you can keep posting whatever you want , I am also free to call bs on it.

    Fallen.
    Then we agree at least to disagree and that we have the right to call bs on each other. That's fine with me as well.

  7. #147
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I don't think supporting far right extremists is a good thing to do. It didn't work for Chamberlin. If the interim government can keep the extremists at bay until a fair election is held in May....then we'll see. Until then, I think we will be seeing a lot more clashes and riots in Ukraine.
    Ummm...okay? The point is you asked why "pro-Ukrainian people" would be getting together...well, it is, ya know, in the country of Ukraine, so they really don't need an excuse.

    Strawman. If you had a good arguement you wouldn't need to resort to such low brow tactics.
    What straw man? And an argument about what? What is it you think I'm arguing here, actually? Because it seems like you don't know. Anyway, when they show up, people here (you, in this case) ask why, say it's to start trouble, and are against it. When they don't show up, people here (not you, but others with your position) then make the argument that it's because they don't exist, period. So what could they do that wouldn't upset you guys? Not showing up means they don't exist, showing up means they want trouble. lol convenient.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #148
    Guru
    Fallenangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel/Russia/UK
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Then we agree at least to disagree and that we have the right to call bs on each other. That's fine with me as well.


    Fallen.
    Click me > My Artsy Stuff

    "You’ve got one life, there’s no save-point and you’re going to die. Go out like a ****ing man!" - Brad Rigney

  9. #149
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post


    Fallen.
    We have one more thing in common; I love that movie.

  10. #150
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Crimea parliament declares independence from Ukraine ahead of referendum

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Okay, thank for the report from infowars.com. In the real world, though, to say something has been proven requires...ya know, proof.

    All you do is assume, Dave. It's not a big deal, because you're not in a position of power, but it would be catastrophic if you were.
    More CIA in Ukraine
    CIA: Given Free Hand in Lithuania, Behind Color Revolution in Ukraine | Libya 360°
    "CIA: Given Free Hand in Lithuania, Behind Color Revolution in Ukraine"

    "Since recently the Central Intelligence Agency’s Lithuanian office has to deal with providing for the activities of non-government organizations in Ukraine which support the ongoing protests and organize resounding actions against «Russia’s interference into the internal affairs of Ukraine». They also counter «Russian propaganda». For instance, NTV channel was synchronously switched off a few minutes before it was to air the documentary Call Agent across the Baltic States-
    "

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •