Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 800

Thread: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You sure fling poo and hope everyone is too busy ducking to read it. What whacky radical Progressives do you refer to? You are good at throwing trite phrases and labels about.

    Not sure what you think a nationalist socialist is, but the Teddy Progressives were far from that. If you read their party platform from 1912 is a curious mix of marxist, socialist, strong nationalism, and woman's rights. Can call 'em lots of things but not Nazis.

    Actually you miss the point of this thing called PROGRESS. Once it was a matter of fact not to be questioned that there was a thing called the White Man's Burden. Now not so much. You attempt to both freeze and parse the category as you see fit.

    It is funny how a CON thinks he knows what 'the other guy' stands for, more like what he wants to fashion to be his strawman to argue against.
    Nationalism has always been around in America. Before the mid 1960's it would be safe to say that the vast majority of Americans were nationalist be they liberals, socialist, conservatives, Democrat or Republican. Call it nativism, patriotism or nationalism.

    Progressive before the 1970's were always nationalist, definitely not internationalist because internationalism is un-American like hyphenated-Americanism is un-American.

    RR: Teddy Roosevelt: "No Room in This Country for Hyphenated Americans"

    Marxist, internationalist socialist were not nationalist and always wanted to overthrow the American government either through force or since the 1970's from within.

    Nationalist socialist were around before Nazism.

    Who wrote the Pledge of Allegiance and directed that school children should salute the American flag with the hand pointed out towards the flag ? An American nationalist socialist who was also a supporter of the progressive movement.

    Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg


    BTW: From the early 1900's until 1965 it was the progressives who wrote our immigration laws.
    UVM History Review vol. 6 Dec. 1994: Lund

    A good read. -> https://archive.org/details/reportsimmigrat00dillgoog

  2. #562
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    The lefties here would do well to watch this.

  3. #563
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That's right, and as a result of that, there is no way to objectively state that a person has a right or not. Without government, that would merely be an subjective exercise.
    Watch this and figure out what side you are on.

  4. #564
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    And my response to you is that, as far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as free speech. Therefore there is no right to protect, as far as I'm concerned. You may not agree, but that's your opinion and is a subjective value judgement. What we can do agree to abide by the laws of a government that says there is such a thing. That's about it.
    It seems to me that it would be better to at the very least pretend that a right to free speech exists, rather than not.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #565
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You are a smart guy and I respect your intelligence. But I fail to understand why you are trying to provide cover for such outrageous behavior. It is simply unacceptable.

    But just in case you don't understand what I'm saying, here's a reference for you:

    Caldwell: Is "thug" the new word of choice for bigots? - The Denver Post



    The point is this, Republicans need to stop race baiting in this way, that's if they want to make their party more attractive.
    Surely you must realize that your request is impossible to fulfill. For better or worse, for right or wrong, there is a faction of people in the GOP who simply are very racially conservative and they see the party as representing those conservative racial interests. And if that results in basically a white persons party - with a large share of that being a white males party - that is simply the result of both the constituency of the party as well as the policies they will support and back which in turn attract more of those same people. Its a cycle with no ind or change in sight.

    It seems foolish for GOP spokespersons to say that they have to attract decent numbers of minorities while at the same time having no policies which would attract minorities in any number beyond the mere token or two. It simply does not work that way.

    Republicans cannot make their party more attractive to minorities without making it less attractive to many of the people who already see it as their party of choice. Its a catch 22 for them and with demographic projections it only spells disaster for them unless they can find a way out. And of course they have found a way out...... its called voter suppression of those who will not vote for you.

    That is the solution to their problem.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #566
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The lefties here would do well to watch this.
    Interesting video.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Your politically correct BS, makes me puke. I don't give a damn if their are people that don't agree with me. I count you as one of them. And I damn sure don't agree with you as there are many people who don't agree with you. So you better change your ways and make yourself more agreeable.
    Well whoever you I like your spirit. Reminds me of myself!!! lol

  8. #568
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Good, because government is protecting that right of free speech. It does not assume that right exist, it knows that right exist and it's exactly why it protects it.
    I can say I know I have a billion dollars, but that doesn't mean it's true.

  9. #569
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I can say I know I have a billion dollars, but that doesn't mean it's true.
    Of course, but you don't have a billion dollars so there is nothing to protect.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  10. #570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Geee Obama flat out lies to the American people and he could care less and liberals give him a pass, Dingy Harry lies on the Senate floor and he could give a **** and liberals eat it up. So they don't care about political correctness when it comes to lying to the American people.
    If you are referring to me, I find it repulsive when any politician lies. I'm surely no big Obama fan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Thug, thug, thug, no one gives a crap and I don't care if they do.
    LMAO

    Thug, thug, thug
    Three men in a pub
    One took a chug
    And fell on the rug!!!

    LMAO

Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •