Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 800

Thread: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

  1. #551
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    anti immigration laws?
    That's a better example.

    Now what precisely is racist about wanting to restrict immigration? Secondly, I'm going to assume that your concern is that the motivation for immigration restriction is rooted in stopping the spread of multiculturalism and if so, I'm still not understanding how wishing to maintain the culture of one's parents is Exhibit A in a trial of racism. If this is your argument then it seems that the only way to refute the charge of racism is to renounce a desire to maintain a "white culture" and to embrace some hybrid cultural mishmash. Are Japanese racists for wanting to maintain a distinct Japanese culture?

    The language (as pointed out by MildSteel) that Rush and his ilk use?
    As already noted, 1.) this is a red herring and 2.) Rush is not the Republican Party.

    the refusal to accept Pres Obama's birth certificate?
    Again, not the policy of the Republican Party and a position held by a fringe movement of Republicans. Should the Democrats be judged by their fringe movement of supporters of Adult-Child sex?

    so called "voter id" laws that result in disenfranchising people of color?
    Even UN election monitors are surprised that America allows people to vote without ID. This doesn't go on in any other Western nation. Secondly, shouldn't it be in the interests of Democrats to address the concerns of Republicans who think that Democrats steal elections via voter fraud? What is wrong with an honest election where every voter is verified?

    I mean seriously, if they aren't appealing to racist whites, why are they doing all that?
    Ask guys like me or ask other Republicans. If you go in thinking that racism is behind every policy, then you're probably not prepared to change your position when explanations are provided.

  2. #552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I never knew about this "thug" thing being a underground word for a black whatever. Hell I call unions, thugs all the time. Mobsters were all called "thugs". Druggies are "Drug Lords" but to me they are all "Thugs".

    Some professor tells me not to use the word "Thug" get the hell out of here. When I see a "thug" I'll call him a thug, I don't give a damn what color he his.
    Well that's your prerogative. But people engaged in politics have to be aware of the types of terms they chose to use as labels. If they are wise, they will avoid terms that could be misunderstoodl

  3. #553
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Got it, you deny there are provisos protecting your right to speak freely.
    No you didn't get it. I deny that there is a such thing as free speech to protect. I acknowledge that I agree to abide by the laws of a government that assumes that such a right exists.

  4. #554
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You can assert it's not a racial term, and that's your prerogative. However there are many people who do not agree with you, and I provided a reference to demonstrate that. The thing is this, Republicans can go on engaging in such behavior and try to brush it off like it's nothing. But they will have to live with the results.
    Your politically correct BS, makes me puke. I don't give a damn if their are people that don't agree with me. I count you as one of them. And I damn sure don't agree with you as there are many people who don't agree with you. So you better change your ways and make yourself more agreeable.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  5. #555
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    But the topic is rights in general, not the security of those in power.
    you asked be if rights are not secure, then no rights are secure, no structure of a government..its anarchy.

    when dictatorship, is in power there is a structure, order, rights of the general population may not be secure from government, but they are from other people.

  6. #556
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    No you didn't get it. I deny that there is a such thing as free speech to protect. I acknowledge that I agree to abide by the laws of a government that assumes that such a right exists.
    Good, because government is protecting that right of free speech. It does not assume that right exist, it knows that right exist and it's exactly why it protects it.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #557
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well that's your prerogative. But people engaged in politics have to be aware of the types of terms they chose to use as labels. If they are wise, they will avoid terms that could be misunderstoodl
    Geee Obama flat out lies to the American people and he could care less and liberals give him a pass, Dingy Harry lies on the Senate floor and he could give a **** and liberals eat it up. So they don't care about political correctness when it comes to lying to the American people. Thug, thug, thug, no one gives a crap and I don't care if they do.
    Last edited by Born Free; 03-12-14 at 12:05 AM.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  8. #558
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    That's a better example.

    Now what precisely is racist about wanting to restrict immigration? Secondly, I'm going to assume that your concern is that the motivation for immigration restriction is rooted in stopping the spread of multiculturalism and if so, I'm still not understanding how wishing to maintain the culture of one's parents is Exhibit A in a trial of racism. If this is your argument then it seems that the only way to refute the charge of racism is to renounce a desire to maintain a "white culture" and to embrace some hybrid cultural mishmash. Are Japanese racists for wanting to maintain a distinct Japanese culture?



    As already noted, 1.) this is a red herring and 2.) Rush is not the Republican Party.



    Again, not the policy of the Republican Party and a position held by a fringe movement of Republicans. Should the Democrats be judged by their fringe movement of supporters of Adult-Child sex?



    Even UN election monitors are surprised that America allows people to vote without ID. This doesn't go on in any other Western nation. Secondly, shouldn't it be in the interests of Democrats to address the concerns of Republicans who think that Democrats steal elections via voter fraud? What is wrong with an honest election where every voter is verified?



    Ask guys like me or ask other Republicans. If you go in thinking that racism is behind every policy, then you're probably not prepared to change your position when explanations are provided.
    Speaking of people not prepared to change their position - if you can't see why all the things I've listed are examples of why the Repub party is perceived as racist, then honestly I don't know what to say to you except - Enjoy your bubble of denial.

  9. #559
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Speaking of people not prepared to change their position - if you can't see why all the things I've listed are examples of why the Repub party is perceived as racist, then honestly I don't know what to say to you except - Enjoy your bubble of denial.
    Now it's my fault that you employ screwy logic? Rush Limbaugh says X therefore the Republican Party is racist. Sorry, but that "logic" just doesn't wash. If being logical now equates to being racist, then all hope for liberals coming back to rationality is lost.

  10. #560
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    There are no "natural rights".
    This is remarkably ignorant. Even animals understand the right to self defense, for example.

Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •