Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 800

Thread: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

  1. #491
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    That's an errorless observation. It's not everyday that a liberal pulls their head out of the sand to makes an observation of the consequences of radical leftist policies. One of the main objectives of the progressive movement was to preserve America and prevent it from becoming a third world carnival. I think the progressive movement was hijacked by radicals.
    Nawww the Progressive movement has simply refined the firing data. Born in an age of colonialism, intense nationalism, with a heaping helping of institutional racism, while our nation was rising to World Power status, the world bled through two huge wars. The Progressive movement has changed as conditions changed. That some see 'radicals' in the bushes might be more due to a severe Observer-target angle than anything else.

  2. #492
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    haymarket , follow Kobie's advise
    I am attempting to do just that. Lets discuss the issue. Does your argument hinge the word UNALIENABLE as opposed to the word INALIENABLE and do you ascribe a different meaning to one over the other? Or do you accept the undeniable historical evidence from Jefferson himself that the two terms can be used interchangeably without changing the meaning?

    And so I understand this idea you have put forth that rights cannot be taken away - is it your contention that the right to keep and bear arms is one of those inalienable rights that cannot be taken away.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Oxymoron.
    How is it an oxymoron?

  4. #494
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,187

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Can you prove the existence of this social contract? Unlike natural rights that can easily be support by reason, there is no such thing possible with the idea of a social contract.
    Of course there is. Absence of that social contract there are no rights. Why didn't people have rights always? It took the social contract to make it so.

  5. #495
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,187

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If this social contract existed than evidence of this contract would need to be presented to a court of law in order for them to enforce it legally.
    It exists, it is the Constitution and the rest of our laws.

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    It exists, it is the Constitution and the rest of our laws.
    The constitution is a treaty, not a contract.

  7. #497
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Of course there is. Absence of that social contract there are no rights. Why didn't people have rights always? It took the social contract to make it so.
    They always had rights. You are confusing protection of rights with the existence of rights.

  8. #498
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,187

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    government is instituted to secure the rights of the people...
    And what happens when those rights are not secured?

  9. #499
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    A new Pew Research survey seems to indicate that millenials, the age group from 18 to 33, tend to favor gay rights and marijuana legalization. and tend to vote for Democrats. I think it is highly likely that Democrats have embraced these two issues to drive a stake in the heart of the Republican party. Recall recently how Obama spoke in favor of marijuana legalization and came out in favor of gay rights.

    Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out? - The Week
    The GOP is nothing more than a tool used by oil/mining cos., the offense industry, and Wallstreet to advance its interests in Congress, by getting pols elected who can tell stupid people (i. e. red-state konservatives) that the "liberals" are going to take their guns and Bibles away, let Muslims "win", and make America non-White.

    That's it.

    Hence, the GOP's survival ultimately depends on a continual supply of stupid voters who fall for that crap. So as that supply diminishes, the power of the GOP diminishes.

  10. #500
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,187

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The constitution is a treaty, not a contract.
    Riiight, big difference...

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •