Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 800

Thread: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

  1. #481
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    73,392

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i don't know why this discussion is really transpiring.
    Because you saw fit to attempt to correct me in your 468 and pretend that was some difference in the distinction when there is not.

    I also strongly suspect - based on exchanges with you in the past - that you hinge some important point in your mind on that one particular meaning of the word you prefer - and it is a house of cards upon which your further claims and allegations will be based upon.

    How about that? Any truth to that? Why is it important for you to claim that rights cannot be taken away when history shows just the opposite?

    For example - is the right to keep and bear arms one of these unalienable rights that cannot be taken away because God or the creator or some force of nature bestowed to man?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #482
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 02:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i don't know why this discussion is really transpiring.
    might look to yourself and your posts to see why this discussion has gotten so off-track and into such mind-numbing writing.

  3. #483
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 09:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because you saw fit to attempt to correct me in your 468 and pretend that was some difference in the distinction when there is not.

    I also strongly suspect - based on exchanges with you in the past - that you hinge some important point in your mind on that one particular meaning of the word you prefer - and it is a house of cards upon which your further claims and allegations will be based upon.

    How about that? Any truth to that? Why is it important for you to claim that rights cannot be taken away when history shows just the opposite?

    For example - is the right to keep and bear arms one of these unalienable rights that cannot be taken away because God or the creator or some force of nature bestowed to man?
    we only need to distinguish if we need to quibble.

  4. #484
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    26,940

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    might look to yourself and your posts to see why this discussion has gotten so off-track and into such mind-numbing writing.

    which is why i dint want to take on another subject.........as to the personal remark.......

    you cannot deal with things being said, so you go only into the direction you can [ mind-numbing writing] .......which is why your arguments were weak.
    Last edited by Master PO; 03-11-14 at 10:34 AM.
    Anti-Democracy advocate, Mixed government is the only good government

    THE
    second point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional ]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.


  5. #485
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    26,940

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because you saw fit to attempt to correct me in your 468 and pretend that was some difference in the distinction when there is not.

    I also strongly suspect - based on exchanges with you in the past - that you hinge some important point in your mind on that one particular meaning of the word you prefer - and it is a house of cards upon which your further claims and allegations will be based upon.

    How about that? Any truth to that? Why is it important for you to claim that rights cannot be taken away when history shows just the opposite?

    For example - is the right to keep and bear arms one of these unalienable rights that cannot be taken away because God or the creator or some force of nature bestowed to man?


    i am not going far with this.

    WRONG!......you sought to correct me....in post 442 which comes before 468

    you ..you first stated to me......."what do you mean inalienable?

    i stated unalienable because that is what the document [ IN WASHINGTON D.C. ]states.....it does not say inalienable.

    if you take the time to read you will see the founders, in discussing our constitution and its ratification THE RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE, they use the word..... unalienable


    sought, seek•ing. v.t.
    1. to go in search or quest of.
    2. to try to discover, as by studying.
    3. to try to obtain: to seek fame.

    .
    Last edited by Master PO; 03-11-14 at 10:33 AM.
    Anti-Democracy advocate, Mixed government is the only good government

    THE
    second point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional ]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.


  6. #486
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    73,392

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i am not going far with this.

    WRONG!......you sought to correct me....in post 442 which comes before 468

    you ..you first stated to me......."what do you mean inalienable?

    i stated unalienable because that is what the document [ IN WASHINGTON D.C. ]states.....it does not say inalienable.

    if you take the time to read you will see the founders, in discussing our constitution and its ratification THE RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE, they use the word..... unalienable


    sought, seek•ing. v.t.
    1. to go in search or quest of.
    2. to try to discover, as by studying.
    3. to try to obtain: to seek fame.

    .
    I did not correct you in 442. I merely used a variation of the same word with the same meaning. It was you who then attempted to make an issue of it. But at least we found out there is no difference and the terms can be used interchangeably just like Jefferson himself did meaning the same thing.

    So now we can move on.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #487
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    26,940

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    i did not correct you in 442. I merely used a variation of the same word with the same meaning. It was you who then attempted to make an issue of it. But at least we found out there is no difference and the terms can be used interchangeably just like jefferson himself did meaning the same thing.

    So now we can move on.
    you sought to find..you were looking to engage me.
    Anti-Democracy advocate, Mixed government is the only good government

    THE
    second point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional ]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.


  8. #488
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    73,392

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you sought to find..you were looking to engage me.
    I have no idea what you mean. Again, do you contend that there is something special in your use of the word unalienable that distinguishes it from the same meaning of the word inalienable?

    Does your argument hinge on that just the same you argued in two different threads for a month all about mixed government when you finally conceded there was nothing to argue about since the constitutional mandate of a republican form of government is what the USA has?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #489
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    37,915

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Jesus tap-dancing Christ, move on already.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #490
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    26,940

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea what you mean. Again, do you contend that there is something special in your use of the word unalienable that distinguishes it from the same meaning of the word inalienable?

    Does your argument hinge on that just the same you argued in two different threads for a month all about mixed government when you finally conceded there was nothing to argue about since the constitutional mandate of a republican form of government is what the USA has?
    haymarket , follow Kobie's advise
    Anti-Democracy advocate, Mixed government is the only good government

    THE
    second point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional ]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.


Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •