Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 800

Thread: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

  1. #431
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,782

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Yes you did. You did it when you responded that Karl Rove was a nutcase. That's brushing it aside. By saying he's a nutcase, you denigrate, i.e. brush aside Karl Rove's gay baiting.
    BAM!
    thats what i thought you got nothing, i called it you dodged the question again and posted another lie
    let me know when you do, id love to read it lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #432
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The Constitution doesn't do anything. The Constitution is merely a written statement by persons with the power to restrict rights that tells citizens how people welding the power of government can restrict their behavior. It is the people who write the laws and enforce them that restrict rights.

    this is incorrect. the constitution sets up the federal government and delegates them few powers, ,making them limited, and it directs the states not to engage in federal powers, the BOR restricts the federal government from creating any laws which violate rights of the people.......the people are not limited by the constitution at all, because constitutions are written for government, not the people.

    under constitutional law, the federal government only has power over .......pirates ,counterfeiters, traitors, and tax cheats only....

    the life liberty and property of the American people is a state power......federalist #46



    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Actually it is not strictly your own affair. The government takes thousands of dollars from me in the form of taxes every year. Although I don't like it, there is nothing, practically speaking, that I can do to stop them.
    under the founders, it would be stealing to tax... income, which is why they did not do such a thing, but today it is constitutional, and legal.....as long as the money is spend on delegated powers only.



    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    If someone restricts your rights, it is not a crime unless the government says it's a crime.
    laws have been written already to deal with all crimes , dealing with rights of the people.......governments duty is to secure rights........if they do not uphold that duty, then they are violating their oath of office.



    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    And because government, through the enactment of laws, the process of interpretation of those laws, and the enforcement of those laws determine when the rights of others have been violated or cause a health or safety concern, government determines what you have a right to do.
    if you violate a person rights...that's a crime.....you go to jail........if you violate heath and saftey, ...say though ownership of a business, without intent to commit , its a violation of city code, and a fine will ensue.


    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Because the government determines who or what is a victim, government determines what you have a right to do.
    government is here to secure rights of the people.......if no person rights are violated, or there's no health and saftey violation of the public,....who is your victim?

  3. #433
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    BAM!
    thats what i thought you got nothing, i called it you dodged the question again and posted another lie
    let me know when you do, id love to read it lol
    What's of interest here is the phrase, "I called it."

    You are right, YOU called it.

  4. #434
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,782

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    What's of interest here is the phrase, "I called it."

    You are right, YOU called it.
    yes i know i called the fact the question would be dodged again lol thanks for proving me right. Let me know when you are ready to answer the question and can back up the lie you posted lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    this is incorrect. the constitution sets up the federal government and delegates them few powers, ,making them limited, and it directs the states not to engage in federal powers, the BOR restricts the federal government from creating any laws which violate rights of the people.......the people are not limited by the constitution at all, because constitutions are written for government, not the people.
    The people who write the constitution specify how the government can restrict the rights of people. Therefore it is not incorrect to say that the rights come from the people who write the constitution. They are people with a particular type of power than can, through the activity of government, restrict the rights of citizens.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    under constitutional law, the federal government only has power over .......pirates ,counterfeiters, traitors, and tax cheats only....

    the life liberty and property of the American people is a state power......federalist #46
    First of all the Federalist papers are not law. Again the constitution was amended to abolish the practice of slavery in the United States. The rights of US citizens to own slaves was restricted by that amendment.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    under the founders, it would be stealing to tax... income, which is why they did not do such a thing, but today it is constitutional, and legal.....as long as the money is spend on delegated powers only.
    Wesley Snipes tried to say that the government had no right to take taxes from him. He ended up in prison.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    government is here to secure rights of the people.......if no person rights are violated, or there's no health and saftey violation of the public,....who is your victim?
    I can say I have the right to own slaves, but it's meaningless because the Constitution says I can't in the United States. I can say the government has no right extract income tax from me, but it's meaningless because if I don't pay, I will be penalized.
    Last edited by MildSteel; 03-10-14 at 08:35 PM.

  6. #436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yes i know i called the fact the question would be dodged again lol thanks for proving me right. Let me know when you are ready to answer the question and can back up the lie you posted lol
    OK. I'll leave it at that! LOL

  7. #437
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,782

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    OK. I'll leave it at that! LOL
    good move i accept your concession
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    good move i accept your concession
    Ok, I accept that you accept! LOL

  9. #439
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Is Ted Cruz a Ronald Reagan legend in his own mind ?
    Physics is Phun

  10. #440
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,757

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Law needs justification and it is entirely erroneous to claim that this justification for the law is found in the law itself, which is essentially what your argument is mounted on. The government declares a right, and regardless of this right being declared aggressive or non-aggressive in nature your argument would declare that the right is true and just and all objections to it are forfeit. Civil disobedience in your world could not possibly have justification as the source of the laws justification is not the people, but the law itself. Your argument is really no different than saying the king is our rightful ruler and us his rightful servants and slaves because he ruled it as such.
    Sorry but I never made that argument.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •