Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 800

Thread: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

  1. #421
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Is a higher power really involved then? Or are things they way they are naturally. Or is there no difference?

    Probably doesn't matter really.

    What we have to work with is:
    Belief that some rights are inherent and inalienable.
    Laws which were written to protect those rights.
    its subjective to the reader.

    rights are unalienable.

    government is instituted to secure the rights of the people......."if men were angels, no government would be necessary"

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The GOP is not dying. They are too extreme right now, and will eventually moderate. Same thing happened to the Democrats before Clinton. They went extreme left and became irrelevant, until Clinton brought them somewhat back towards the Center. Republicans will also moderate eventually, and we will have a left of center party and a right of center party, with neither of the 2 having extremists running it. At that time, having a Republican president will be a reality once more.
    Perhaps, but they better get moving.

    BTW, your boy Ted Cruz isn't helping.

  3. #423
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Perhaps, but they better get moving.

    BTW, your boy Ted Cruz isn't helping.
    I don't support Cruz. He is an extremist. Funny how people can just make assumptions of others for no reason at all.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #424
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    1.)For some reason you keep responding to nothing. That tells me there must be something there.
    2.)Yes you did, you tried to brush aside Karl Rove as a nutcase.
    3.)You are wrong. What I posted had everything to do with what you said.
    1.) another failed deflection let me know when you have something that goes againt my statement
    2.) nice back pedal but now you are just posting lies, yes i did say Rove is a nut case i NEVER claimed that he did do the activities you said lol, your post fails again

    should we go back and look at this lie you just tried to sell?

    this is what you ACTUALLY said
    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The point is that you appear to want to brush aside the fact that Republicans have used gay baiting to get votes.
    and i NEVER did that now you are trying and failing to spin that and move the goal post but nobody is falling for it

    3.) facts prove otherwise, let us know when you have some.

    I wil repost what i originally said AGAIN and i will ask you the question you kee dodging again lol

    my statement:
    "millions of conservatives support equal rights for gays and weed"
    and then i asked you if you disagree with that fact?

    so yes or no?

    who wants to take bets this question is dodged again?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the constitution grants no rights, it only recognizes them, the bill of rights are a restriction on government that it cannot make any laws which violate the rights of the people, [this from reading the preamble to the bill of rights]....the government has never created a right.
    The Constitution doesn't do anything. The Constitution is merely a written statement by persons with the power to restrict rights that tells citizens how people welding the power of government can restrict their behavior. It is the people who write the laws and enforce them that restrict rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    resources of coarse limit your ability to do things, .. but that is not a restriction, place on you by government....that is your own affair.
    Actually it is not strictly your own affair. The government takes thousands of dollars from me in the form of taxes every year. Although I don't like it, there is nothing, practically speaking, that I can do to stop them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if other people restrict your rights..... that is a crime......if government restricts your rights, and you have not preformed an unlawful action....that is a rights violation.
    If someone restricts your rights, it is not a crime unless the government says it's a crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    government has no authority to act on you, using force or coercion, if you have not violated the rights of another, or cause a heath or saftey concern......why, because who is the victim?
    And because government, through the enactment of laws, the process of interpretation of those laws, and the enforcement of those laws determine when the rights of others have been violated or cause a health or safety concern, government determines what you have a right to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    government cannot act without a victim.
    Because the government determines who or what is a victim, government determines what you have a right to do.

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post

    should we go back and look at this lie you just tried to sell?

    this is what you ACTUALLY said

    The point is that you appear to want to brush aside the fact that Republicans have used gay baiting to get votes.
    and i NEVER did that now you are trying and failing to spin that and move the goal post but nobody is falling for it
    Yes you did. You did it when you responded that Karl Rove was a nutcase. That's brushing it aside. By saying he's a nutcase, you denigrate, i.e. brush aside Karl Rove's gay baiting.

  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I don't support Cruz. He is an extremist. Funny how people can just make assumptions of others for no reason at all.
    It just appeared that you are from Texas. If you don't support him I apologize.

    That said, perhaps we can agree that Ted Cruz is not helping the process?

  8. #428
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    It just appeared that you are from Texas. If you don't support him I apologize.

    That said, perhaps we can agree that Ted Cruz is not helping the process?
    He isn't, but he is not a mainstream Republican either. In case you didn't know, there is a pretty big civil war going on inside the GOP right now.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #429
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    He isn't, but he is not a mainstream Republican either. In case you didn't know, there is a pretty big civil war going on inside the GOP right now.
    Yes there is. Actually it's been going on for a while now.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Don't know, don't really care.

    (same goes for the Democratic party)

Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •