Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 800

Thread: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

  1. #371
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,357

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, it's been my experience some people only hear that which they seek. Try turning the channel.
    Do you really expect a liberal to tune in to Fox? Or Rush on the radio? That only happens when they need to hear something they disagree with, so they can scream and holler about how the Republicans are going to be the ones that will ruin us all because of the way they think!

    Greetings, ocean515.

  2. #372
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, it's been my experience some people only hear that which they seek. Try turning the channel.
    sure thing, mr.kettle. but, why not come up with better solution at lower cost instead of expecting a sense of Social "entitlement" to the subjective value of morals for "free" under our form of Capitalism?

  3. #373
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no ...rights which are recognized by the constitution already existed in states.....before the constitution.

    they are based on nature.

    example: it is natural for me speak.
    speaking isn't a right. It's an ability

  4. #374
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    sure thing, mr.kettle. but, why not come up with better solution at lower cost instead of expecting a sense of Social "entitlement" to the subjective value of morals for "free" under our form of Capitalism?
    Hmmm. Well, I think those solutions have been presented. Perhaps they are too simple for those enamored with flowery speech to appreciate or understand.

  5. #375
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    i believe it may have had more to do with your special pleading. have you improved your argument? i don't mind if you repost, even any updated version of your propaganda and rhetoric.

  6. #376
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are confusing the physical ability to perform an action with a right.
    The very core principle of rights is that everyone has the absolute right to be “free” from aggression in their own person and property. Therefore, any actions towards the person or property of another is a violation of their rights. If all men have a right to their person and property the question is can the government remove these rights by either violating their person or property or by simply failing to protect them. The answer is of course no, because as should be clear by the above statement, it is their existence alone that grants them the authority over their own person and facilities that enables them to acquire property. Any sort of aggression towards the person or property of someone will be an act of aggression, be that by government, which is nothing more than a collection of men, or by any citizen of the world. The action is the same, the results are the same, and thus, it is no more possible for the government to act aggressively towards you and not violate your rights than it is for any other person or body of persons. There is no difference regardless of what people might pretend between the actions of government and the actions of any other man, and it is therefore paramount that the government only act in the defense of peoples rights, much like you can act in defense of your neighbors rights.

    So to answer your post, no, there is no one but yourself that is confused here.

  7. #377
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The Republican party???
    No, I was being annoyed.

  8. #378
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    They determined what rights the citizens of this country have. Wasn't a god saying what to write down. It was a group of men who did the best they could given their backgrounds, their preferences, and the need to get all the states onboard.
    They did no such thing. They determined what limitations on our natural rights would be allowable under our social contract and what limitations on those rights the government would be forbidden from placing.

    The founders and the constitution did not CREATE Freedom of Speech. To suggest they did would mean that if this country was disolved and anarchy ruled that a person could not say whatever they wish...which is patentedly untrue.

    Rather, the 1st amendment establishes a limit to how much the government can infringe upon said right by stating the Government can create no law prohibiting the free exercise of it.

    Whether you want to believe a "Natural" right is one granted by "God" or is simply a symptom of existing within nature is entirely your choice...but rights as you're speaking in this case are not created by man, but are naturally innate to man.

    It is through a social contract that we LIMIT our rights in exchange for societal benefits or through which we create societal rights/privledges related to that social contract.

    But one does not need a society or a social contract to speak, to believe, to defend themselves, to live....those are innately the ability of man in nature. They are natural rights.

  9. #379
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Lazy, gay, Kardashian-obsessed, entitled pot smokers.

    Yep, that pretty much sums up America's youth and the Democratic party.

    It's also why outsourcing labor is so damn necessary.
    Wrong again.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #380
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    I believe our unemployment infrastructure should be less taxatious through general forms of taxation, than through our current regime of micromanagement via more expensive public sector intervention in private sector markets.

Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •