Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 800

Thread: Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?

  1. #151
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I think this thread is built on a faulty premise. Outside of Colorado and Washington, I haven't seen any evidence that the Democrats, as a national party, are remotely interested in legalizing marijuana.
    Nor do I...but they are smart enough to avoid loudly opposing it. In this way they are not seen as fighting against popular demand and thus do not drive voters away. Tactically this is a very wise political position to take. By fighting many of the "Hot Button" issues in society IE:Abortion, Healthcare, Entitlements, Equality, ....etc. , they are eliminating votes while the Dems are creating new ones.

  2. #152
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    And Libertarians don't care about human rights because they are totally obsessed with property rights, eh?
    all rights , are derived out of property.

  3. #153
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    09-07-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,037

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    These millenials (my generation) are being herded into colleges to get useless degrees, graduating with tens of thousands of dollars of debt, only to find that there are no good-paying jobs awaiting us, and you old fogies are still hung up on gays and pot.

    Please, get over yourselves and help us out.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    really, ...what I said is dead on for you, because I know you do not respect property rights

    thanks by the way for your attention, I know I stuck a nerve, since you had to address me.
    I note you're still being hyperbolic. Your arguments are still unoriginal and exaggerated.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #155
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You've kinda supported the OP here, Tucker. Your intended dig at the GOP actually suggests that conservatives (at least social conservatives), unlike Democrats, vote what they believe regardless of popularity. I think that can be both good and bad. BTW, I don't oppose gay rights. I do oppose legalizing marijuana.
    Not at all. The GOP is just as much a pandering load of dickheads. They just pander to the lowest common denominator, while the Dems pander to college educated young people.

    Ironically, the legalization of marijuana thing is actually the fiscally conservative thing to do, yet the so-called fiscal conservatives oppose it. Gay rights is the real lowest common denominator thing.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    This is obviously bull****.
    Its a very famous quote bub if memory serves. Might have birches it a tad but it is.

  7. #157
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,917

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The problem with the term "Libertarian" is that so many Republicans who are too embarrassed to call themselves Republicans started referring to themselves as "Libertarians". You can always spot a true Liberatarian from an embarrassed Republican Libertarian though.
    Yep. Someone who says we should have laws defining marriage as between one man and a woman, or that we shouldnt be legalizing marijuana because it's a gateway drug that might also increase car accidents, not to mention those yammering that we need a strong leader in the White House who acts unilaterally like Putin, are definitely not Libertarian. They are neo cons and closet fascists.

  8. #158
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Not at all. The GOP is just as much a pandering load of dickheads. They just pander to the lowest common denominator, while the Dems pander to college educated young people.

    Ironically, the legalization of marijuana thing is actually the fiscally conservative thing to do, yet the so-called fiscal conservatives oppose it. Gay rights is the real lowest common denominator thing.
    Isn't it interesting that it's the things you disagree with is what makes us all "dickheads". Lol. Is it that you want both parties to look exactly the same?

  9. #159
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Isn't it interesting that it's the things you disagree with is what makes us all "dickheads". Lol. Is it that you want both parties to look exactly the same?
    I think you need to read what he said gooder.

  10. #160
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: The Reason Democrats Are Backing Gay Rights and Marijuana Legalization

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I think you need to read what he said gooder.
    Let's see. GOP, pandering dickheads, lowest common denominator. I think I got it all. What I'm noticing about this thread is that it's everything you all disagree with that you say are losing us votes. So is the argument that we change our position just to gain votes? Isn't that exactly what the OP is suggesting liberals do?

Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •