Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 302

Thread: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

  1. #41
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    5) The fact that the US was involved for a very long time creating, facilitating, very much supporting what transpired late last year, legitimizes Russia's actions.
    lol would you stop
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    5) The fact that the US was involved for a very long time creating, facilitating, very much supporting what transpired late last year, legitimizes Russia's actions.
    Right, those eeevvvvviiiill Americans! Death to them all!
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  3. #43
    Guru
    Fallenangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel/Russia/UK
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,416

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    They are sporting the flag of the Russian empire as they invade another country. Now refresh my memory-when was the last time Russia was an empire.

    And I believe the term "nazi" is quite derogatory to Russians, its like they had a bad experience once...
    ...lets recap:
    You posted a screen shot from a video which depicts Russian troops in Russia, and claimed that it was taken in Crimea.
    You posted a video of Ukrainian nationalist chanting "Moskalilv na noz!" which is equivalent to "Kill the Russians!/ Death to Russians!" and claimed that these were supposedly Russians.
    When presented with the fact that the chant is actually a neo-Nazi/neo-Baderovtsy chant, instead of addressing it you came up with the two idiotic statements above.

    So, maybe instead of posting one sentence bs statements, you would work on not posting vids and pics with false/made-up "headlines".

    Fallen.
    Click me > My Artsy Stuff

    "You’ve got one life, there’s no save-point and you’re going to die. Go out like a ****ing man!" - Brad Rigney

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol would you stop
    Only when the money he gets paid stops.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  5. #45
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Only when the money he gets paid stops.
    I mean...it's one thing to have his opinions but jeeeeez: he's now arguing that if a nation facilitates or influences things in another nation, it's legitimate for a third nation to invade it.






    I wonder if he'd accept the US making that kind of argument lol
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #46
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I dont think military aid or intervention will ever happen-nor should it. However, Putin can't just invade a nation because he feels like it.
    It's not just because he feels like it (though it worked for Bush) its because a Western backed coup toppled the Ukrainian government in violent protestations, and Russia is responding by securing its physical assets and Russian speaking citizens there that are loyal to Moscow. And if they so choose to be annexed, so be that too.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
    This is the first indication that Russia wants to illegally annex part of Ukraine? Perhaps sending troops into a sovereign nation was really the first...
    I wonder if say the people of Petsamo voted to rejoin Finland, and leave Russia, if we would call that illegal? Considering the Russians have defense of Russian military property rights in the Crimea- and I point out again the Crimea wasn't part of the Ukraine until the mid 50's, the presence of Russian troops isn't the same as if Finland sent troops into Petsamo to 'protect' Sami natives.

    What many forget is the majority rule in the Crimea are Russians not Ukrainians. The Crimea is a semi-autonomous region, not a fully integrated administrative district in the Ukraine. No love for Russia but using hate to condemn what we would salute the other way round isn't very smart.

  8. #48
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I dont think military aid or intervention will ever happen-nor should it. However, Putin can't just invade a nation because he feels like it.
    Apparently he can. No one, including the US or EU will stop him. We'll threaten, maybe issue sanctions, but little else. Russia knows what they're doing, they picked the right time, and picked the right US president to mess with. He did so with Georgia with no problem. The danger is he may not want to stop and his ego may get the better of him - that is dangerous, as are his reasons, which I have to agree with Hillary, are reminiscent of Germany in the 1930's.

    Couple that with the recent plans to downsize our military - we're relegated to being a cheerleader on the sideline unless a coalition allies have the cajones to stand up to him. I don't see that happening. By the way, that ringing in the background is the telephone and it's the 1980's calling Obama. They want to tell him Romney was right.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    That's fine but "who are we to interfere?" Is such a silly question. The US has interests all over the world. Every plan of action needs to adopt a cost benefit analysis, but to just not do it because of some narrative? Horrible.
    OK. I agree with that. But like you say, there needs to be clear cost benefit analysis done. And if it's not worth it, as in this case, you leave it alone.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: For First Time, Kremlin Signals It Is Prepared to Annex Crimea [W:153]

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Right, those eeevvvvviiiill Americans! Death to them all!
    Wtf. The American people are going to work, raising families, etc. they're not responsible for this, nor should they all die. What a thing to suggest.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •