Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #791
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You make it sound like public educators are cult leaders.
    They are..... I'm from Chicago so.... It may be different in more rural USA..

    Attacking the competence of every public school teacher in the country. Nice.
    Look at the Chicago public school system - 90% of these kids are below their grade level in all areas of education - so YES I will certainly question their competency. They're doing a horrible job and seem to only give a **** about money ( ironically while they promote socialism) given their union demands.


    Sounds like a Creationist to me.

    It sounds to me like you are just using your personal experience and political ideology to inform your views on this topic. Whatever.[/QUOTE]

    I don't know if she was a creationist or not, however that was not the first experience I have had with ignorant public school teachers.

    Sorry if my opinion offends you - we cant have that now can we?

    I'm telling you what I observed - not what I want to believe.

  2. #792
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The question is why did they start talking about gays in the classroom again. The answer is pretty obvious.
    Generally, because kids were bullying gay kids. There were some suicides. I posted some links a way back. I figured it would be obvious.

    It isn't any different than talking about kids being a different race if there is bullying going on for that or talking about obesity if kids are being bullied for being fat. It is just conservatives got their panties in a bunch because they chose to see it as "promotion of homosexuality" to talk about the existence of a group people.

  3. #793
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Generally, because kids were bullying gay kids. There were some suicides. I posted some links a way back. I figured it would be obvious.
    That was not the reason. This whole push to teach about gay people started far before everyone started to get overly concerned about bullying and kids killings themselves.

  4. #794
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Really? Did school's promote having bastards? Getting divorces? No. But those kids still in school and exclusion and bullying are HARMFUL to the learning process. Schools need to include everyone or there is division and bullying. There is no point in excluding the children of gay families...that is mean and destructive.
    There is division and progressives are bullying here right now...

    Division? yeah look at the progressives and how they treat everyone outside of their cult. I pity progressives because THEY are the bullies in the adult world - progressives are no better than a 10-year-old bully on the playground...

    This whole progressive anti-bulling stuff is bull****.....

    Hypocrite.

  5. #795
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It isn't any different than talking about kids being a different race if there is bullying going on for that or talking about obesity if kids are being bullied for being fat. It is just conservatives got their panties in a bunch because they chose to see it as "promotion of homosexuality" to talk about the existence of a group people.
    Which of course, don't need to be faced either. There is no reason to teach children about each individual group of people to teach them to respect all people.

  6. #796
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    They are..... I'm from Chicago so.... It may be different in more rural USA..



    Look at the Chicago public school system - 90% of these kids are below their grade level in all areas of education - so YES I will certainly question their competency. They're doing a horrible job and seem to only give a **** about money ( ironically while they promote socialism) given their union demands.





    It sounds to me like you are just using your personal experience and political ideology to inform your views on this topic. Whatever.

    I don't know if she was a creationist or not, however that was not the first experience I have had with ignorant public school teachers.

    Sorry if my opinion offends you - we cant have that now can we?

    I'm telling you what I observed - not what I want to believe.
    I think you should reconsider using your Chicago specific experience to make sweeping accusations about the entire state of the country's education system and all its educators.

    And to the main point. It is ridiculous to claim that talking about the existence of gay people in the classroom is the equivalent of promoting homosexuality.

  7. #797
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Which of course, don't need to be faced either. There is no reason to teach children about each individual group of people to teach them to respect all people.
    Ah, how sweet. You clearly have never worked with children in your life. As a person who does it for a living, I take your opinion for what it is worth. I like this whole "respect everyone" notion that you think kids would understand and embrace though. It is so naive and innocent.

  8. #798
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    There is division and progressives are bullying here right now...

    Division? yeah look at the progressives and how they treat everyone outside of their cult. I pity progressives because THEY are the bullies in the adult world - progressives are no better than a 10-year-old bully on the playground...

    This whole progressive anti-bulling stuff is bull****.....

    Hypocrite.
    Liberal kids are bullying conservative kids in school? Really? Got any examples? It's pathetic if you feel YOU are being bullied by some political party.

    Oh wait...are you a woman who is being bullied by the far right conservatives trying to restrict her reproductive rights?

    You did not remotely address my example of how schools and kids address kids from gay families...you just whined that, poor weak you, are being bullied by some political party. You need to grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #799
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Ah, how sweet. You clearly have never worked with children in your life. As a person who does it for a living, I take your opinion for what it is worth. I like this whole "respect everyone" notion that you think kids would understand and embrace though. It is so naive and innocent.
    Nope. I have been around children my whole life. Perhaps you just don't understand the lesson all that well. I do however enjoy being called naive by someone with an obvious agenda to push.

  10. #800
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Who are these authorities and what makes you think they know what causes people to be straight? Why even bring that up?
    SInce you are asking for something that's irrelevant...the concepts are formed on the same basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •